Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: quick show of hands...how many of you knew who Ryan Tannehill was durring the season?

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jones wouldn't be ahead of tannehill...jones is a statue...in todays nfl that doesn't work very well...not to mention jones was garbage in 2011...nfl teams love upside jones doesn't have near the upside of a ryan tannehill...i saw jones throw the ball into more coverage and stare down more guys this year to the point it made me sick people were hyping that kid as a high 1st round qb...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take Ryan Tannehill over Landry Jones any freakin day of the week.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I knew who he was when he was A&M's best WR. I knew him when he became a QB prospect, and before the season I know him when some draft people said he had the potential to become a top 10 pick.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, I did know and had seen Ryan Tannehill play prior to this past season and to those of you that like Landry Jones over Tannehill, you clearly haven't seen both of them play. You want to see someone that is overrated and most likely is going to be overdrafted next season, look no further than Landry Jones
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only reason why we know him now is because Barkley and Landry opted out. The hype for who's next on the list is amazing. Media would of hyped Jones a lot more then Ryan
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverForgetDan View Post
    The only reason why we know him now is because Barkley and Landry opted out. The hype for who's next on the list is amazing. Media would of hyped Jones a lot more then Ryan
    Might be the only reason YOU know about him but not all of us. I watched him plenty during the season and even commented on him in these forums.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    You are under evaluating him. Actually the truth is somewhere in the middle between 15-25. Had he started more games and had a longer resume, he would be a top 15 pick.
    Same with Akili Smith right? I can't think of one single QB in the NFL that made a switch to QB so late and had success.....not one single QB in the history on the NFL. I for one am not wanting to waste a number 8 pick on a position it takes years to master. We need a great player at number 8 with the team we have, not a big question mark.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Same with Akili Smith right? I can't think of one single QB in the NFL that made a switch to QB so late and had success.....not one single QB in the history on the NFL. I for one am not wanting to waste a number 8 pick on a position it takes years to master. We need a great player at number 8 with the team we have, not a big question mark.
    Your analysis is what makes me realize Tannehill @ #8 could be disastrous!!! It's the same analysis of Junior QB's who leave early to enter the NFL draft. Not many have any success. If history repeats it's self, drafting Tannehill will kill this franchise!!! I love Tannehill and the talent he has, but, am extremely nervous he will never realize his potential. Perhaps if he was drafted in the mid to later part of round #1 I'd wouldn't be so scared!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post

It's not only that... top 10 picks at the quarterback position don't get their coaches fired. It's never happened. It shouldn't suprise anybody to see Miami be the first to do it.

It's not all on Tannehill, but the point is Tannehill's play most certainly didn't save Sherman's job. That's what frachise quarterback prospects do.. they save jobs. That's what makes them special as college players.

At the very least, they prevent the guy from being run out on a rail.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So a guy with limited knowledge of college football writes an opinion on a subject he knows nothing about.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fl30q4
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 04-25-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Quote