Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: quick show of hands...how many of you knew who Ryan Tannehill was durring the season?

1. -31
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    I didnt...My college football is limited to games played by UCF and ND...

That being said a lot of you are so desparate for a qb that you are accepting the BS that the media is feeding you...And they are feeding it to you because they know whos goinging 1 and 2...if they didnt know RG3 was going 2, he would be the QB you never stop hearing about...but they know, and so they have to push another QB...

I dont want a system QB...Luck is not a system QB, Manning (either of them) is not a system QB, Brady is not a sytem QB...I want a qb that can be thrown into the fire day 1...but we keep looking to draft people that cant be used day 1...beck was a project, henne was a project and look how they turned out...we dont have 4 years for tannehill to sit behind favre (moore) and become the next arron rodgers (yes they had to change rodger's mechanics and it worked because he sat and practiced for 4 years)

get a playmaker and then draft a real 1st rounder next year, not one that has been over hyped by the media as one...

I am predicting tannehill has a rodgers or quinn like fall on thursday...
    Ok. So, you admit to your own ignorance on this matter and then accuse others of just believing what the media tells them?

Well played, sir.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched almost every single A&M game this year and am a big fan of this guy. I will also attest that he is probably a reach in the top 10, based on his ability to contribute right away. But based on ability alone, he is DEFINITELY worth the pick. McShay thinks given a year or two of proper developing, he could be a top 12 QB in this league, and I tend to agree with him. I find it disgraceful that most of the people on this board arguing against him probably dont even watch College Football very much, or have watched 2 or 3 complete games from Tannehill at QB.

I think it would be a solid pickup and will be the pick if Sherman deems him the guy for this franchise. I will also say, I agree with Mayock in that if Sherman is not absolutely pounding the table for this guy, then I would take BPA. For me, that is Quinton Coples. I think it will be one of those two.

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBow305 View Post
    I watched almost every single A&M game this year and am a big fan of this guy. I will also attest that he is probably a reach in the top 10, based on his ability to contribute right away. But based on ability alone, he is DEFINITELY worth the pick. McShay thinks given a year or two of proper developing, he could be a top 12 QB in this league, and I tend to agree with him. I find it disgraceful that most of the people on this board arguing against him probably dont even watch College Football very much, or have watched 2 or 3 complete games from Tannehill at QB.

I think it would be a solid pickup and will be the pick if Sherman deems him the guy for this franchise. I will also say, I agree with Mayock in that if Sherman is not absolutely pounding the table for this guy, then I would take BPA. For me, that is Quinton Coples. I think it will be one of those two.

I find this post a bit disingenuous on the basis that most of the people who argue against him in the top 10 haven't watched college football, or specifically done very thorough work on Ryan Tannehill and Texas A&M in general. In fact, it's the complete opposite.

Most of the people who pound the table for him are the one's that don't watch college football and haven't seen him play. They're the one's listening to Todd McShay and subscribe to the hype, and you proved my point ahead of time.

I'm also a big fan of Ryan Tannehill, but I don't believe he's worth passing up elite talent. In my opinion he's the 2nd best QB prospect out of his own conference in this draft. A conference that doesn't produce quality NFL quarterbacks to begin with.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Same with Akili Smith right? I can't think of one single QB in the NFL that made a switch to QB so late and had success.....not one single QB in the history on the NFL. I for one am not wanting to waste a number 8 pick on a position it takes years to master. We need a great player at number 8 with the team we have, not a big question mark.
    I didn't realize that Tannehill was Akili Smith's clone. I thought they were genetically 2 different people. I think an intelligent talent evaluator looks at each player as an individual and then weighs the pros and cons of drafting them. I'vever met or interviewed RT so I don't know how he processes the information he sees on the field and that is what matters most and what separates the franchise QB's from everyone else. Akili Smith didn't fail in the NFL because he was a one yr wonder in college. He failed because he didn't have the intellect or mental makeup to master the position at the NFL level. With respect to RT, only Philbin, McCarthy and Ireland can determine whether he possesses the requisite skills above the neck to handle the position. I will defer to them.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I didn't realize that Tannehill was Akili Smith's clone. I thought they were genetically 2 different people. I think an intelligent talent evaluator looks at each player as an individual and then weighs the pros and cons of drafting them. I'vever met or interviewed RT so I don't know how he processes the information he sees on the field and that is what matters most and what separates the franchise QB's from everyone else. Akili Smith didn't fail in the NFL because he was a one yr wonder in college. He failed because he didn't have the intellect or mental makeup to master the position at the NFL level. With respect to RT, only Philbin, McCarthy and Ireland can determine whether he possesses the requisite skills above the neck to handle the position. I will defer to them.
    Smith was just an example of a a QB who came to the posisition late, had really good success at the college level and sucked in the NFL. I am not saying they are the same, I am saying that it not just only rarely happens that a late bloomer QB has success in the NFL.......IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION

Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I find this post a bit disingenuous on the basis that most of the people who argue against him in the top 10 haven't watched college football, or specifically done very thorough work on Ryan Tannehill and Texas A&M in general. In fact, it's the complete opposite.

Most of the people who pound the table for him are the one's that don't watch college football and haven't seen him play. They're the one's listening to Todd McShay and subscribe to the hype, and you proved my point ahead of time.

I'm also a big fan of Ryan Tannehill, but I don't believe he's worth passing up elite talent. In my opinion he's the 2nd best QB prospect out of his own conference in this draft. A conference that doesn't produce quality NFL quarterbacks to begin with.
    I understand what you are saying. I think what I meant to say or what I mean is that I think the people that don't know and haven't truly done their work on Tannehill whether they like him or don't should respectfully keep their opinions to themselves. Leave the decisions to the guys who know him best. And I realize we live in a free country and this is a forum to speak your minds, but at least don't get so fired up about it. If you truly don't know what you are talking about, then don't try to get everyone all riled up for no reason other than to just feed your own ego. I feel like that's what a good portion of fans on this forum do and it's completely unnecessary. I for one feel he is worth a look at #8 based on all the games I've watched and people I've listened to, but I'll leave that up to the coach who knows him best, Mike Sherman. And like I've been suggesting all along, if Sherman is 100% behind the kid or the other way around, I give him my uttermost support in the decision to take or not take Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    I put him right there with Mallet talent wise, drafted a bit earlier because he doesn't have the character issues.
    OMG! He is way better than Mallett in two ways. Athleticism and character. T-hill will work to be the best.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody heard of Tom Brady, QB, Michigan either....and he turned out ok. Just chill everyone and be happy when we take Tannehill at #8.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I've been on the Tannehill train since he fully started as a QB was hoping for big things from him last season but it kinda didn't, he was my 3rd choice as QB after Luck and Barkley. Never jumped on the RG3 train. Now that I'm thinking of it I don't even know if I'd take Barkley over him, them USC QBs are a trainwreck. Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez, if that's the Same tree Barkley is cut from I say stay away.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Nobody heard of Tom Brady, QB, Michigan either....and he turned out ok. Just chill everyone and be happy when we take Tannehill at #8.

Anybody that watched the 1999 Citrus Bowl vs. Arkansas, 2000 Orange Bowl vs. Alabama, or any of the half dozen 4th quarter comeback wins he led in the Big-10 as a Senior knew who he was.

He set school passing records his first season as a starter at Michigan. He made a kid like David Terrell a top 10 pick.

Brady was one of the most clutch quarterbacks in college that have ever played. The more pressure packed the situation, the better Brady played. Everything he did from a drop-back, footwork, ball handling, pre/post snap read and recognition standpoint, and how to deal with pressure was absolutely textbook. How he fell to the 6th round is one of the biggest draft blunders in history, and unexplainable.

If anyone ever wants to see all those games in their entirety, just ask.

As a matter of fact, I think everyone should be required to take some time and study Tom Brady's Michigan games in order to understand what a potential elite NFL caliber quarterback is supposed to look like. Everyone needs to watch every single one of them in full, and then convince themselves that this guy was a late round flyer who got lucky in the NFL.

This kid was an elite player in college.
    Quote Quote