Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

1. -1
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I almost dropped dead when I read an Akili Smith comparison today from Grantland. Just posting the other side of what could be. I'm hoping we don't have the option of taking RT but I'll support whatever they think is best.

Quarterbacks

Best: Tom Brady (76.6 points above expected return)
    Worst: Akili Smith (-45.9 points)
    We've really forgotten as a culture just how bad Akili Smith was. He's basically the Ryan Tannehill nightmare; after just two years of action in college, Smith's ideal size and arm strength pushed him up draft boards during the spring of 1999. He eventually settled in as the third franchise quarterback in a three-man group, and the Bengals made him the third overall pick behind fellow signal-callers Tim Couch and Donovan McNabb. McNabb was good, and Couch was middling, but Smith was abysmal. He completed 46.6 percent of his passes as a pro, threw 13 interceptions against just five touchdowns, and was out of football after 17 starts in four years. In his one year as the regular starter in Cincinnati, the Bengals offense averaged 11.6 points per game. Tannehill can't possibly be that bad, right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.
    What makes you say that? Just wondering, because I fail to see the comparison between the two.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    another kid that had all the tools was 6'5" 235 and a finalist for the Heisman in his JR year was Ryan Leaf...

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the top 10 we need a legit starter not a backup qb.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    What makes you say that? Just wondering, because I fail to see the comparison between the two.
    I would agree with your questioning that statement.
    Henne was robotic, Tannehill is far from....

The BIGGEST knock on Henne, from where I stand, was his lack of passion and yearning to "go-for-the-throat".
    If he were in the armed forces, he would have been content to have been a footsoldier taking orders.
    What I want is an assasin.

Remember when the grief was being piled on Henne, and he basically shrugged it off by saying (words to the effect) - "hey, no big deal, it's just football".

THAT....was a slap in the face of all of us passionate fans.
    He just didn't give a s__t.

And THAT is why, in my eyes, he can go to hell.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So we can all agree that taking a QB in the draft is a crapshoot.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If not for Sherman, even more of a reach than Sanchez? But I guess Mikey knows best so we'll see what there is to see.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote