Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we consider taking a Center?

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    If they are looking at smaller, quicker guys the kid out of Michigan might not a bad pick on day 3.
    molk is too small for my taste...but he's a technician and a fine football player...that said i'd say zbs is what he needs if he can make it that light in the pants
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Molk is strong as an ox but yeah too small. Wasn't he just over 6' or something?

I remember Marino complaining about Tim Ruddy being Center because he was 6'2" and Marino was worried about having to bend down to far and not being able to see the field pre snap well enough.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I still think he's a better fit for left guard. I always predicted he'd be a pro bowl caliber player there.

He actually graded out as the only player among the starters on the Dolphins offensive line last year that had a positive run blocking grade. Where he struggled was in pass protection, allowing 15 QB pressures. Only 2 centers in the league allowed more QB pressures than Pouncey. Pass protection was the aspect that he struggled with the most has a prospect at Florida.

His athleticism and ability to hit moving targets with precision is what makes him a prototypical left guard. That's typically you're designated puller when you're running power.

I don't like him at RG because that's typically the guy you leave on an island in pass protection.

The aspect that a lot of people don't realize is that it's more important to have top notch pass protection by your interior 3 lineman than it is your two offensive tackles. Which is why winning teams aren't burying themselves with bloated contracts and investing top resources into the left tackle position. It doesn't matter how good your 2 tackles are if your interior 3 are allowing pressure up the middle.

The elite quarterbacks will step up into the pocket and avoid pressure off the edge allowed by the offensive tackles. They can't step up into the pocket if the pressure is coming up the middle. There's not a quarterback in the league that can deal with pressure up the middle.

It's critical to have your interior 3 offensive lineman be solid in pass protection.
    i don't disagree...i just don't see them doing it...15 pressures really??? i don't recall that many...i recall him being late to recognize some things on delay type stuff etc but i chalked that up to youth and lack of time at center...i'm with you his ability to move and hit a moving target is very impressive

anything that gets incog out of left guard i'm always game for...ha ha...i think pouncey was the best player on our oline last year...most consistent anyways in my book

Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Molk is strong as an ox but yeah too small. Wasn't he just over 6' or something?

I remember Marino complaining about Tim Ruddy being Center because he was 6'2" and Marino was worried about having to bend down to far and not being able to see the field pre snap well enough.
    if molk played at 280 lbs i don't believe it...guy looked small and light to me
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if molk played at 280 lbs i don't believe it...guy looked small and light to me
    He measured a shade over 6'1" at the combine and weighed in at 298 lbs. Not sure what he played at though. 41 reps on the bench is outstanding...that was the first time I heard of him was after he got 41 reps at the combine.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    He measured a shade over 6'1" at the combine and weighed in at 298 lbs. Not sure what he played at though. 41 reps on the bench is outstanding...that was the first time I heard of him was after he got 41 reps at the combine.
    then the kid carbo loaded since the season...cause i swear he was 275
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Miami does take a center I don't see it until later in the draft and they take someone like Chris Anzevino who they've been doing their homework on. Kids also working out with former pro-bowler LeCharles Bentley
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So that premise, Would anyone be upset with a draft of:
    1 deCastro OG
    2 Konz C
    3 Hosley CB
    3 Irvin OLB
    4 Mosley OT