Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we consider taking a Center?

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could switch irvin for Broyles in 3rd and switch WR for Vernon DE in 6th for
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    No QB? Or no receiver picked earlier?
    First off, if you're drafting a Center the idea would be to put Pouncey over at LG...why would you draft DeCastro? To put him at RG? Waste of a draft pick and money. DeCastro can play RG but he's more of a natural fit at LG. You can get a RG much later in the draft. We also need a boundary WR, T.Y. Hilton is a slot WR. I don't like Wright or Fuller and there is no QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think its qb and pass rusher back to back with the top 2 picks...tannehill at qb and bruce irvin at #42...they've already said pass rush is paramount need this offseason...irvin has the elite tools in this class...i think they'll make sure they get him and they can do it at #42

just what i think...before i was thinking #73 but i don't think they'll risk it...#42
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think its qb and pass rusher back to back with the top 2 picks...tannehill at qb and bruce irvin at #42...they've already said pass rush is paramount need this offseason...irvin has the elite tools in this class...i think they'll make sure they get him and they can do it at #42

just what i think...before i was thinking #73 but i don't think they'll risk it...#42
    Yeah thats what I said yesterday. Irvin probably has better value at 73, but I also like him better than Curry and some of the other 2nd round guys. He is the most explosive pass rusher in this draft IMO. Barring someone completely unexpected falling to the 2nd, the only person I would consider over him would be Jenkins if he is there. And then Id be looking to get back into round 2 to get Irvin.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we would look at centers later in the draft as backup in case Pouncey does continue to struggle and move, i like Phillip Blake from Baylor. He's pretty stout against the bull-rush and has a ton of experience with shotgun snaps and zone concepts having been at Baylor...but i think he's versatile enough to fill in at guard as well. He needs to work on his body in the NFL b/c it's a bit sloppy at the moment, but he has talent to work with. I think he can be had in the 4th.

As a pure center, i'd also consider Brewster from Ohio State. He's feisty and nasty, although a bit stiff and inconsistent at times.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    From the land of legends

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Somerset, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What about someone like Adam Gettis from Iowa ?. Listed as a guard but probably too light to play there and would be around in the 6th/7th round
    Dolphins Til I Die

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we will def draft a tackle, but I doubt it will be until the 3rd. I would like a pass rusher with 1 of the 1st 2 picks
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm down with this

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I think Irvin has elite athleticism, but not elite tools. He has zero pass rush moves....uses pure speed. He does not use his hands well and gets swallowed by good Olinemen once they get their hands on him. Plus, he's so bad against the run that even West Virginia took him out of the game on rush downs. Would i be willing to take him in the 4th? Definitely 3rd? Probably, depends who's still there. 2nd? No probably not.....there should be too much proven talent still on the board at that point.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    I think Irvin has elite athleticism, but not elite tools. He has zero pass rush moves....uses pure speed. He does not use his hands well and gets swallowed by good Olinemen once they get their hands on him. Plus, he's so bad against the run that even West Virginia took him out of the game on rush downs. Would i be willing to take him in the 4th? Definitely 3rd? Probably, depends who's still there. 2nd? No probably not.....there should be too much proven talent still on the board at that point.
    well get ready for him to go high...lombardi says he has a promise from a team as a 1st round pick...don't know if that will happen but top 50 i bet it does...i agree he doesn't show much rush arsenal but the tools are very high end and i think it was the walrus who informed me that at wvu they didn't even work on pass rush drills etc he just used his athleticism and speed and explosive get off of the ball...that said i have seen him redirect back inside to the qb on occasion...

chandler jones looks like top 20 pick and there's word that seattle at #12 is giving him heavy consideration...patriots said to love him but doesn't look like he's getting anywhere near there...
    Quote Quote