Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: So who do you want the Fins to take tomorrow night?

1. -61
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am really hoping that we come away with either Tannehill, Floyd or Coples if we stay at 8. Those are the big three for me. That being said, if we don't take Tannehill, I would be very worried about which QB we are going to take. Tannehill would probably make me the most comfortable, even though Floyd or Coples would be very very intriguing.

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In order: Trade Back, Coples, Kuechly, Ingram. Hoping to get Tannehill with our 2nd where he was suppose to be before all this hype.

Our Needs in Order: QB, Pass Rusher, WR, T, G, FS, CB, TE
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade, trade, trade. Tannehill or Weeden, Hill, Fleener, and grab LaMicheal James too.

RW
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to put it on record. I'm ok with Tannehill but I prefer Weedon

So I want to trade back to the middle of the 1st round. Then my likely board is Weedon, Tannehill, Kuechly,
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Finatic 24/7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love to see trade down with Cincy. There's rumors here in Ohio they're looking to move up with one of their picks. So move to #17 for a later round pick and Cincy's #1 next year if we can swing it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the most important thing ANY team can and MUST do is compete in or control their division.

the creme in ours is the pats. their strength is their wicked double TE offense that has been killing miami. so, the finz have to ask themselves, why are we losing to the pats [the te's] and how do we fix it? you fix it by 2 things, get an lb who can cover te's and, or, strengthen this under achieving secondary with a big time safety or corner. both need to happen, but with the first pic, only 1 can be addressed. the jest TE is no slouch either and he has given us problems. in fact, most TE's do.

LUKE KUECHLY should be the pic if he is there. he absolutely is one of the best coverage backers [mayock says the best he has ever seen] and tacklers to come out in many a year. he is a true leader, durable, smart field general and pro bowl game. he can COVER TE'S like no ones biz and his run stop is superb! thats the key to shutting off the pats. pass rusher is a need but the pats have been able to work those two guys underneith in hot routes and beat the blitz. coverage is the key and kuechly is the best there is. burnette is a real good te coverage guy and you pair him up with kuechly and the pats have something to worry about.

the PASS RUSHERS are just to close in their over all game and in their weeknesses to make that the pic over a guy like kuechly. i dont see a huge difference or much bigger risk with the top pass rushers in this draft who are considered 1st rounders and ones who are concidered 2nd. vinney curry and cam johnson and bruce irvin are guys who are very close, and some better at things the 1st round types are. all of the pass rushers, DE or LB have issues. inconsistancy, one trick pony, injury, physical limitations. so that being said, dominant lb with over the top coverage and tackling skills WITH decent pass rush skill should trump a pass rusher choice with questions or limitations at #8.

MARK BARRON is the next pic, should kuechly be gone by #8. coverage lb, quality corner to pair with vontae and pass rushing run stopping DE to go with cam are the 3 biggest needs on defense and at #8, much better talent than what will be there at that point. barron can cover TE's, is a ferocius hitter and has some ball hawk skills. he would INSTANTLY be the the best safety on the roster and start day one. another pro bowl draft pic.

MORRIS CLAIBORNE is my hope pic in this draft. he and vontae would become the premier cb tandem in our division and one of the top 3 in the nfl. claiborne can do it all, is as physical as vontae and has ball hawk skills. PLUS, he is a big time return guy so you get two players in one. he and kuechly are the best defensive players in this draft. BUT, claiborne will be long gone so its kind of a moot point. stranger things have happened than a guy like claiborne slipping to #8, but not likely. so.....................

STEPHON GILMORE could be the suprise pic here, the "didnt see that one coming" pic no one really thought about. he is a big time talent, big, physical and another guy who would pair well with vontae and cover those pats TE's. i dont think many are realising how bad our secondary is. the starters we have now [smith should be on the bench] outside of vontae are nothing special and our depth is laughable [see nolan carrol]. so an injection of talent there is a must. i would be happy with that choice should kuechly and barron be gone. again, gilmore is a better cb than tannehill is a qb and a better corner than any of the o-tackles are at their game at #8. thats how smart drafting teams make their selections. plus, db is a NEED and you have a blue chip like gilmore sitting their, you dont take the reach qb or the mediocre tackle.

the two 3rds are where we need to be looking for an o-lineman. or the 4th. guys like konz could be there, dual threat at center and guard. if poucy should go down, konz can walk right over to that spot and do more than just hold it down. he can play guard or center, and very well, just like pouncy. massie is a great guard and exellent pic in the 3rd should the finz want guards at this point. i dont care much for this years o-tackles. most of the college lt's will and should be rt's. there will be plenty of quality rt tackles to choose from in the 3rd and 4th round.

so my point is, we have been able to score points in our deivision with what we have, we havnt been able to stop them or slow them down which is why the finz need to address defense with their top 2 early pics. the defensive talent at #8 is better than whatever offensive player will be available by then.

I REALLY LIKE COURTNEY UPSHAW. he is exactly what we need at at DE in our new 4-3 oriented defense. i still think we will play a decent amount of 3-4 and upshaw has the absolute ability to be a stand up, drop back olb in a 3-4. his ability to stop the run and rush off the edge is a prototypical 4-3 DE and would pair exellent with cam. i think he is VASTLY under rated and not near the risk some of the other pass rushing de or lb's are in this draft. he is a top notch kid, coachable, strong. has pass rush skills and stops the run. i bit of a reach at #8, but no where near the reach tannehill or coples are. he is my DARK HORSE choice for the finz 1st pic. they could probably trade down a few spots and still get him. but, i think many gm's know upshaws talent and versatility and value. we could LOSE him trading down a few spots also! DE is a huge need right now. we needed a pass rusher to pair with cam and we needed the run stopping DE after kendall langford left. his call to glory was setting that edge for the run. i see upshaw as just as good an edge setter, better run stopper and MUCH, MUCH better pass rusher than langford ever thought about being. DO NOT be real suprised if his name is called for our first choice.

LUKE KUECHLY is my pic for the finz 1st choice and believe he wil lbe there. to much talent and a need both in depth and to shut down the pats TE's to pass up. a sure starter and pro bowler. thats how you draft. thats my story and i'm sticky to it!!
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote