Yes i strongly believe Ryan Tannehill will be a fin with the 8th pick and yes id be happy with him but i ALSO UNDERSTAND that we need patience with him. But in the spirit of the draft, trades happen all the time and heres my prediciton with trades
Swap our 8th with eagles 15th and acquire theyre 2nd 2ndround pick (51st)
Trade with eagles- swap 1st rounders and acquire theyre 2nd rounder
14) Quinton Coples DE North Carolina- Yes hes a definetly BOOM or BUST but with his intagibles and game changing presence you gotta take a risk and put him opposite side of cameron wake to really chase down tom brady, mark buttfumble and tim tebow !
42) Harrison Smith S Notre Dame- A absolut steal at this pick, definetly fills a need at our weak Safety posisition. With his discipline and instincts he will be an absolut factor in covering the TE's we face twice a yea: gronkowski, hernandez, dustin keller...
51) Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State- Him and tannehill are alike in the way were they have huge upside and have very limited experience. with time we can bring osweiler in behind matt moore and david garrad and really groom him to exceed in a west coast offense. Dolphins have shown ALOT of interest in osweiler..
72) Juron Criner WR Arizona- BIG body WR with huge hands who can really make the catch in the middle and has a strong presence in the short to medium routes. considered to be a sleeper by many scouts. not a blazer but does release quickly and runs routes well. Compliments Davone, and Clyde Gates really well.
73) Bruce Irvin DE/LB West Virginia- i know what your thinking, "another player with off the field issues?! wtf your a dumbass" yeah yeah w.e ... Listen as we learned you cant win games with wreaking havoc to the QB, with an excellent pass rush it can mask our CBs getting burned so often. Tremendous athlete who can play on 3rd down situations when we really need to rattle the QB. a blazer at DE and with time and proper coaching can probably become a force 3-4 years from now. with coples and wake and interchaging with irvin, our dline can strike fear to pretty much any Oline and Qb..
103) Keyshawn Martin WR Michigan State- a blazer of a WR who makes plays with the balls in his hands, point and simple. Also he provides depth in the KR/PR role. a solid backup WR that can help us stretch the field.
145) Chris Greenwood CB Albion- SLEEPER CB who dolphins have shown heavy interest in the past month. a solid 6'1 190lb CB who plays fast and has instincts, meaning he can come up with the pick 6 (something our cbs are missing) he provides solid depth with jimmy wilson shifting to S and losing will allen to the patriots.
196) Desmond Wynn OG Rutgers- pure depth pick here. another player dolphins have shown alot of interest with (interview at combine and personal workout at facility) a guard prospect with good feet that fits our new ZBS and just provides depth.
215) Emil Igwenagu TE UMASS- hybrid FB/TE who plays alot like charles clay (yes i know, we already have a charles clay on the roster, why the F*** do we need another one?!) BC PHILBIN LOVES DOUBLE TE SETS!!! the more weapons the better chance of finding a true GEM. might not even make roster but with some experience and time in practice squad might be a contributor late in the season..