Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Trade Down Possibility

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade Trade Down Possibility

:ESPN's Adam Schefter is essentially guaranteeing that Alabama S Mark Barron will not make it to the Cowboys' pick at No. 14 overall.
    Believed to be ranked as a top-ten, even top-six player on many if not most boards around the league, Barron is considered a strong possibility to be Buffalo's pick at No. 10 overall. The Chiefs could also give him a long look at No. 11, and we wouldn't rule out Carolina considering Barron at No. 9. Our prediction, as it stands, is Barron going to the Bills and Michael Brockers to Dallas."
    Rotoworld.

If Barron is there at 8, we should absolutely try to trade down with the Chiefs or Cowboys if they are willing to. If a team is in love with Barron, and they view Carolina as a threat, it shouldn't be too hard to convince a team to move up. The kid is going to be a solid player. It effect, we would keep a playmaker away from the Bills, pick up additional picks, and only drop down 3-5 spots.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have heard Car is infatuated with Fletcher Cox. we could use that to our advantage to move down one spot, grab a 4th to do so, then from #9 trade down to 14 with Dal, grabbing a 2 from them. lots of good talent still at #14 and a good chance Tannehill is still there too.

I am all for trading down as long as the coaching staff is not 100% sold on Tannehill at 8.
    Time for the 'Phins of the future to play like the 'Phins of the past. Bring it on.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard Lombardi mention Barron to the Bills about a week ago. I agree, if Miami has any chance of trading down, it could be with a team like Dallas or KC looking to come up to get Barron. But it has to be a for at least a 2nd round pick and possibly a 4th/5th.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we'll have some teams wanting to move up to 8... now what price they are willing to pay and what price we are willing to take will determine what we really do...

Unless of coarse we are in love with Tannehill at 8, then it won't matter.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the Eagles will be our most likely trade partner tomorrow, moving up to grab Fletcher Cox before Carolina. We will then take either Tannehill, Floyd, or Couples assuming one of them makes it to us at 15.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's very possible. Miami at 8 is in a good spot for teams like KC or Dallas to jump ahead of the Carolina and Buffalo for Barron. If you can coax KC into swapping picks, that would leave Miami in front of Seattle and still able to get Tannehill if that's who they want.

If they trade down with Dallas and Tannehill goes off of the board to either KC or Seattle, Miami would still most likely be able to grab Coples.

It really depends on who Ireland is after. If it's Tannehill and they try and be cute by trading down and miss out on him it would be a PR nightmare. If he's who you want, I think you have to take him at 8. If you trade down and are still able to get him, great, but you're taking a major gamble of looking really bad (I know I know). If it's Coples and Dallas offers you their 2nd and maybe a mid round pick i'd do it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finfanforever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Petersburg, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would be a smart move...
    Quote Quote