Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cb jayron hosley...

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I can't imagine that the NFL, or scouts in general, are naive enough to believe that the majority of these college kids aren't smoking marijuana. It's the least of their worries.

What they need to be more worried about is the type of people that they associate with.
    I don't think NFL teams are naive to think they don't but I think they expect these kids to have enough sense not to smoke before they show up to the combine KNOWING they're going to get tested. That's just plain stupid. Even Janoris Jenkins, who was busted 3 times and kicked out of UF for smoking weed, didn't test positive at the combine.

All these kids will start their NFL careers in the drug program and be tested more frequently.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that it will, I'll have to see it.

Percy Harvin supposedly failed his drug test and went in the 1st round. Same for B.J. Raji. Remember the rumors about Calvin Johnson admitting that he smoked marijuana at Georgia Tech? He went top 3.

Warren Sapp failed his drug test... top 10 pick. Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing both supposedly tested positive for steroids, etc.

The list of these type rumors is long whether they're true or not. If he falls out of the 3rd round then it affected his draft status. If he doesn't then it didn't.
    The difference between Harvin/Sapp failing a test and Hosley is those guys were elite, Hosley isn't. Those guys were high 1st round grades to start with....Hosley is an undersized corner. And you're right, the NFL guys will be thinking that if this kid is stupid enough to fail a test at the biggest interview of his career, what else is he stupid enough to do?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that it will, I'll have to see it.

Percy Harvin supposedly failed his drug test and went in the 1st round. Same for B.J. Raji. Remember the rumors about Calvin Johnson admitting that he smoked marijuana at Georgia Tech? He went top 3.

Warren Sapp failed his drug test... top 10 pick. Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing both supposedly tested positive for steroids, etc.

The list of these type rumors is long whether they're true or not. If he falls out of the 3rd round then it affected his draft status. If he doesn't then it didn't.
    Thats why if we pass up Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd round..if he is even there..I will be upset.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    The difference between Harvin/Sapp failing a test and Hosley is those guys were elite, Hosley isn't. Those guys were high 1st round grades to start with....Hosley is an undersized corner. And you're right, the NFL guys will be thinking that if this kid is stupid enough to fail a test at the biggest interview of his career, what else is he stupid enough to do?

The point isn't whether you're an elite prospect or not. Harvin, Sapp, Raji, or anybody else that fails a drug test on the ONLY time when they absolutely shouldn't, is just as stupid as Hosley. It didn't affect their draft slot.

We'll find out exactly how much it affects Hosley's stock by the time the weekend is over. If Harvin, Sapp, Raji, Calvin Johnson, etc. were 1st round picks clean or not clean... then Hosley is a top 100 pick clean or not clean by the same standard.

I don't remember Pac-Man Jones failing any drug tests, but like I said, you can't fix stupid. It's the type of people that these kids associate themselves with that teams need to be worried about.

Ricky Williams was one of the biggest potheads the league has ever had. But a thug he wasn't.

Jayron Hosley's off field issues have to be evaluated on what type of kid he really is just like everybody else has to be. Including the one's with multiple DUI's like Michael Floyd, academic ineligibilty like Ronnell Lewis, and stealing lap tops, cheating, and just generally being a hot dog like Cam Newton.
    Quote Quote