Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
ChambersWI Final Mock First Round ONLY.
First rounder only for this final mock. Long story short, but 7 rounders, even for one team, are just too damn hard. Every team has different boards as do draft gurus so somebody I have as a 3rd others might have as a 5th. Im going to be a little different.. including adding a few trades I think WILL happen. So here it goes...
1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB Stanford Really going out on a limb huh?
2. Washington Redskins- Robert Griffen QB, Baylor Same here right?
3. Minnesota Vikings- Morris Claiborne CB, LSU Let me state this, I would not be shocked if Minny takes Kalil (lord knows they need him) or if Buffalo trades up as rumors indicate. But the more I hear from Vikings camp, the more I am under the impression that they just aren't that in love with him. The pick will be either Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne; all huge positions of need. There are a few factors to why I feel Claiborne. 1)Leslie Frazier is a DB guy. 2) He's going into the season with an ancient Antoine Winfield and Asher Allen as the starting CBs. The draft has enough offensive linemen and WRs in the 2nd/late first that Minny can try and secure help for Ponder. The drop off in CB talent however is substantial IMO.
4. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson RB, Alabama The Browns have pretty much decided that it is between Blackmon and Richardson. All indications out of Cleveland are that Richardson is the guy right now.
5. Buffalo Bills VIA Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Matt Kalil OT, USC Why am I projecting this trade? If the draft falls like this, Tampa will be a tad miserable as they are banking on one of Richardson or Claiborne being available. With Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Straughter and Preston Parker, Blackmon really isn't an option. Buffalo wants/needs a LT badly. Many don't feel Riley Reiff is really that guy, and if they have a chance at Kalil, they'll take that chance.
6. St Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State Dream scenario for the Rams who desperately need to get help for Sam Bradford.
7. Philadelphia Eagles VIA Jacksonville Jaguars- Fletcher Cox DT, Mississippi State Another trade. Jacksonville has made it obvious they want to trade, and Philly is head over heels in love with Fletcher Cox. Mark Barron could also be a name heard.
8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill QB, Texas A&M Obvious pick right now. Some Fin Fans might not like it, but it's time to take the risk and try and fine our first franchise QB since Dan.
9. Carolina Panthers- Malcolm Floyd WR, Notre Dame The Panthers want Fletcher Cox, but will gladly take Floyd to give the Panthers a true threat opposite of Steve Smith.
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers VIA Buffalo Bills- Luke Kuechley LB, Boston College Mason Foster was solid yet unspectacular as a rookie, but even if new coach Greg Schiano likes him, you can play Kuechley anywhere in the LB core
11. Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro OG, Stanford Chiefs love Kuechley, but they love DeCastro as well. Another possible landing spot for Mark Barron.
12. Seattle Seahawks- Chandler Jones DE, Syracuse Surprise? Not a huge fan of this pick myself, but Jones is skyrocketing up the boards to where he was mentioned today as a potential pick for us at 8 on nfl network (!!!). Combine that with a lot of people having huge questions about Coples, and Pete Carroll being a little different, and you got a surprise.
13. Arizona Cardinals- Riley Reiff OT, Iowa Arizona wants an OT, Larry Fitzgerald wants Malcolm Floyd. Larry also wanted Kevin Kolb. Whoever the QB is still needs an OT. Reiff is the best on the board.
14. Dallas Cowboys- Mark Barron S, Alabama Word is that Jerry Jones is in love with Barron, and is seriously contemplating moving up to get him. He'd be thanking his lucky star if the draft fell like this.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars VIA Philadelphia Eagles- Melvin Ingram DE/OLB, South Carolina Ingram is not a great fit for a 4-3 defense, but the Jaguars love him. If they can get him while trading back and getting more picks, they'll be ecstatic.
16. New York Jets- Whitney Marcilus DE/OLB, Illinois Jets are a bit of a tough team to gauge, but they do need pass rushing help. With Courtney Upshaw's stock falling, Marcilus is the guy.
17. Cincinnati Bengals- Cody Glenn OG, Georgia Cincy needs another CB, but they need a guard as well to replace Bobbie Williams. While there are some good CBs available, Glenn's stock is on the rise.
18. San Diego Chargers- Shea McClellin DE/OLB, Boise State McClellin is seeing his stock rise as well. San Diego has a collection of OLBs, but no real consistent pass rushing threat. Pats are in love with McClellin though so don't be shocked to see them trade up for him.
19. Chicago Bears- Quinton Coples DE, North Carolina Bears need somebody to take pressure off of Julius Peppers and were prepared to make a run at Mario Williams. Why not go for another Tar Heel?
20. Tennessee Titans- Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina Titans take the best player available for a position of need with Cortland Finnegan now gone.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Drew Kirkpatrick CB, Alabama Cincy wants to come out with a top CB, and Kirkpatrick has the potential to be an All-Pro/
22. Cleveland Browns- Kendall Wright WR, Baylor There's talk about this being Brandon Weeden, but I think Cleveland's need for a WR outweigh's their need for a 28 year-old QB.
23. Detroit Lions- Janoris Jenkins CB, Northern Alabama Detroit needs a CB and an OT. Jenkins is a huge question mark, but Martin Mayhew has shown that he is not afraid to draft questionable characters if they are the best player on his board.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Dont'a Hightower ILB, Alabama Steelers love this guy, and I wouldn't be shocked if they trade up to get him. With Jonathan Marten available however, he may be the pick.
25. Denver Broncos- Michael Brockers DT, LSU Brockers could go a lot higher, or lower. Young player but a tad raw. Denver needs a DT, and he is arguably the best one available.
26. Houston Texans- Dontari Poe NT, Memphis Surprised? Poe could go pretty high or he could fall as his film just isn't that impressive. Houston does need to at least consider the idea of Poe as Shaun Cody isn't a great NT, and neither Earl Mitchell or Sonny Harris are true NTs either.
27.New England Patriots- Harrison Smith SS, Notre Dame As I said earlier, the Pats are in love with Shea McClellin and I wouldn't be shocked to see them try to move up for him, but they also love Smith.
28. Green Bay Packers- Bruce Irvin OLB/DE, West Virginia Shocker? Well, some teams have privately told Irvin that he is a first rounder. Green Bay needs another pass rusher, so why not them?
29. Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz C/G, Wisconsin Ravens love Konz. They need a guard now with Ben Grubbs gone and Matt Birk doesn't have much left in the tank at Center.
30. San Francisco 49ers- Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech The 9ers love Hill. Despite signing Manningham and Randy Moss, they still need consistency. Hill could easily sit a year and learn while only being used as a deep threat (something the 9ers lacked as well)
31. New England Patriots- Nick Perry DE/OLB, USC Pats DL took a hit this offseason especially their pass rush. Perry has speed to burn coming off of the edge... note I know it's unlikely the Pats keep both of their first rounders.
32. New York Giants- Jonathan Marten OT, Stanford Why Marten over Coby Fleener? While TE is a need with the top 2 from last year tearing their ACLs in the Super Bowl, the Giants HAVE to get younger on the OL where they have very little youth. The Giants also tend to address things like WR and TE in the mid rounds