Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Heroism: Dad Wires Up Autistic Son To Uncover School Abusive Treatment

1. -1
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Heroism: Dad Wires Up Autistic Son To Uncover School Abusive Treatment

Good for him.
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ing-staff?lite

A father discovered staff at a school in New Jersey were "bullying" and using offensive language toward his 10-year-old autistic son after he fitted his child with a wire.

Stuart Chaifetz posted extracts of the recording on YouTube on April 20. He said the audio revealed staff members at Horace Mann Elementary School in Cherry Hill calling his son Akian a "bastard" and talking about vomiting that morning due to a hangover.

In response on Tuesday, the Cherry Hill School District released a statement saying a swift investigation had been conducted and the people involved no longer worked there.
    In the YouTube video, Chaifetz said that shortly after his "wonderful, happy son" went to the school, notes were sent home saying his son was "hitting the teacher, hitting the aide and throwing chairs over."

A behaviorist was called in to see what was wrong, months passed, and Chaifetz still could not understand what was happening. Akian's autism meant he was not able to tell his father.

Eventually, Chaifetz decided to fit Akian with a hidden recording device.
    In the YouTube video, he said his "life changed forever" when he listened to the tape on the night of Friday, Feb. 17, and found that staff at the school were "literally making my son's life a living hell."

"Okay, Akian, you are a bastard," was one comment on the tape from a woman who Chaifetz said was a teacher.

"Go ahead and scream, because guess what? You are going to get nothing until your mouth is shut," was another.

'The wine won'

He also recorded a conversation between two people in the class talking about the consequences of a night out drinking wine with a friend.
    "You know what I was doing this morning?" says one woman. "Heaving?" asks the other. "Oh my God, so bad. The wine won."

Chaifetz, a single parent, said his son regularly went to stay with his mother, but the boy would sometimes feel anxious about these moves and ask for reassurance that he would see his father again.

In the tape, Akian is heard asking "May I see?" -- which Chaifetz said the staff member would know referred to him, based on prior experience -- and the staff member replied, "You cannot see," followed by the sound of laughter.
    The staff member's response -- which Chaifetz said was designed to make fun of Akian -- caused his son to have a "half-hour meltdown." "I know how much that hurt Akian," he added.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

At least nobody tried to **** him.

Working with special needs children can be difficult, but DAMN!!!
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This dude's got the school district by the balls...and I hope he squeezes REAL hard. No excuse for this type of behavior from teachers or staff. :flames:
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    People are jerks and it's sad to see

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone remember a few months ago when stories popped up about how kids would report bullying by a teacher, school would call them liars, a kid would record the bullying, and then kid would then get suspended for recording it?

Absolutely love it that the father nailed them to the wall. What can they do about it? They try and go after the parent or punish the kid for what the parent did and the rest of the parents could descend on the school like the wrath of god.

Naturally their next course of action is to just transfer the teacher but its somethings. More parents need to do this if their kid is stuck in a situation like this.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote