Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kendall Wright

  1. -1
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Kendall Wright

    Wright's name has evaporated in discussions about the top WRs, with all the attention on Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, Randle etc.

    Where do people think he will go? He's a top 15 talent, imo who could end up in the second if pre-draft gossip is to be believed.

    Is he dropping? Why is he dropping? Curious...
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,858
    vCash:
    12023
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I hope If we take Tannehill, we trade up to get him


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,954
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.
    Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Fintastic2124's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,570
    vCash:
    3434
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He Aleah had a knack for finding his way behind defenses. I wouldn't mind nabbing him after a trade down.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,954
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?
    I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.
    Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,954
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.
    He won't go to Chicago...Chicago already has Johnny Knox who is a similar player and should benefit from having Brandon Marshall on the other side. They also have Devin Hester to play the slot and Earl Bennett as their #4 WR. I don't see them spending a high pick on a WR in this draft when they would probably have OL and CB higher on their list of priorities.

    Seattle would be a possibility but I don't see them grabbing him with the 12th overall pick.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the face of it you'd think the Bears weren't in need of a WR but I've read they're considering upgrading the corps further. In any event, it's hard to see him not being a top 20 pick.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Kendall Wright - 3rd Round Grade?
    By miami234ever in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
  3. WR kendall Wright from Baylor, slipping into the 2nd round?
    By Blake the great in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM
  4. why kendall ????
    By since1970 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •