Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Kendall Wright

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Kendall Wright

Wright's name has evaporated in discussions about the top WRs, with all the attention on Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, Randle etc.

Where do people think he will go? He's a top 15 talent, imo who could end up in the second if pre-draft gossip is to be believed.

Is he dropping? Why is he dropping? Curious...
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I hope If we take Tannehill, we trade up to get him

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.
    Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He Aleah had a knack for finding his way behind defenses. I wouldn't mind nabbing him after a trade down.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?
    I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.
    Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.
    He won't go to Chicago...Chicago already has Johnny Knox who is a similar player and should benefit from having Brandon Marshall on the other side. They also have Devin Hester to play the slot and Earl Bennett as their #4 WR. I don't see them spending a high pick on a WR in this draft when they would probably have OL and CB higher on their list of priorities.

Seattle would be a possibility but I don't see them grabbing him with the 12th overall pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the face of it you'd think the Bears weren't in need of a WR but I've read they're considering upgrading the corps further. In any event, it's hard to see him not being a top 20 pick.
    Quote Quote