Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Mortensen stated Thursday morning that he believes Tannehill is our pick

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Mortensen stated Thursday morning that he believes Tannehill is our pick

Ryan Tannehill - QB - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on Mike & Mike Thursday morning that he "really believe(s)" the Dolphins will draft Ryan Tannehill at No. 8.

Mort made sure to point out that he doesn't believe the pick will be made due to pressure from Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. SI's Peter King also hinted strongly on Twitter Thursday that he anticipates Tannehill becoming a Dolphin.
    Related: Dolphins

Source: ESPN.com
    Apr 26 - 11:35 A
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    eh, Fletcher Cox and Barron or hot right now. I say we roll the dice, trade down a few spots and try to get Tanny at 14-15
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'm not holding my breath on that one. I think the experts constantly see us as this QB starved team when we're really not. We've passed on the likes of McNabb, Orton, Young, Kolb, etc, and I can easily see us passing on Tannehill. If QB wasn't a priority 2008-2011, I don't see why much would change, especially when we have a QB in Moore who's actually not bad. Sherman would have to jump up and down on the table for him for us to pick Tannehill imo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draft someone else at 8 and possible trade back up if he's still there late in the round? No idea the value and all that of picks..I know we have 8.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill's not a once in a lifetime prospect like Luck, nor will he contribute anytime soon. I'm more inclined to roll the dice like The Omen says, and pick up an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. We are in an excellent spot to trade down with Barron and Cox on fire. That extra player (WR, OLB/DE, etc.) is more likely to make an impact now. And if we don't get Tannehill or Weeden after trading down, it's really not the end of the world (to me...I'm aware there are legions of Phins fans waiting at the edge of the cliff). I will be disappointed, but there WILL be another draft next year. With QBs in it. QBs that are possibly just as talented as Tannehill/Weeden, or perhaps even more ready to play immediately. It may not be a draft run by Jeff Ireland, but that's a different issue altogether.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Tannehill's not a once in a lifetime prospect like Luck, nor will he contribute anytime soon. I'm more inclined to roll the dice like The Omen says, and pick up an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. We are in an excellent spot to trade down with Barron and Cox on fire. That extra player (WR, OLB/DE, etc.) is more likely to make an impact now. And if we don't get Tannehill or Weeden after trading down, it's really not the end of the world (to me...I'm aware there are legions of Phins fans waiting at the edge of the cliff). I will be disappointed, but there WILL be another draft next year. With QBs in it. QBs that are possibly just as talented as Tannehill/Weeden, or perhaps even more ready to play immediately. It may not be a draft run by Jeff Ireland, but that's a different issue altogether.
    This is a perfect post.

Well done.
    Quote Quote