Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: BCS releases playoff proposals for 2014

  1. -1
    misterx's Avatar
    Lets Return To Glory
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2008
    Posts:
    382
    vCash:
    1682
    Loc:
    Katy. TX

    BCS releases playoff proposals for 2014

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11
    vCash:
    3532
    Wish it were 8 teams
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Waterlogged
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2011
    Posts:
    354
    vCash:
    1000
    It's start.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,519
    vCash:
    26689
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    The ACC now has a deal with the Orange Bowl. It looks like to me nothing much has changed except that the Big East no longer has AQ status despite being better in the BCS era than the ACC. It just so happens that a few ACC teams have slightly bigger names bulit on success from many years ago...cough...Miami...cough...FSU...cough...
    "I'm much more humble than you would understand."
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,090
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    The ACC now has a deal with the Orange Bowl. It looks like to me nothing much has changed except that the Big East no longer has AQ status despite being better in the BCS era than the ACC. It just so happens that a few ACC teams have slightly bigger names bulit on success from many years ago...cough...Miami...cough...FSU...cough...
    It also doesn't help the Big Least that they're basically CUSA from 2004, while the ACC has all of the bigger markets/teams in it. The Big Least sucks.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,519
    vCash:
    26689
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    It also doesn't help the Big Least that they're basically CUSA from 2004, while the ACC has all of the bigger markets/teams in it. The Big Least sucks.
    Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

    "We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,090
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

    "We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."
    Who cares about the BCS record? The Big East doesn't have any teams worth giving a giant bowl contract to. Memphis? Louisville? USF? Temple? or...Miami/Florida State/Virginia Tech/Syracuse/etc.? Big Least is basically the old Metro/old CUSA. They're teetering on collapse (football-wise) and just aren't taken seriously, especially with WVU leaving.

    ---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

    "We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."
    So do you count Miami's 3 BCS wins in that?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    3245
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

    "We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."
    As Cedar said, who cares about BCS records. It's about money. Nobody wants to see Big East teams while ACC teams like FSU and especially Miami still draw high TV ratings despite mediocrity.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,519
    vCash:
    26689
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Who cares about the BCS record? The Big East doesn't have any teams worth giving a giant bowl contract to. Memphis? Louisville? USF? Temple? or...Miami/Florida State/Virginia Tech/Syracuse/etc.? Big Least is basically the old Metro/old CUSA. They're teetering on collapse (football-wise) and just aren't taken seriously, especially with WVU leaving.

    ---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------



    So do you count Miami's 3 BCS wins in that?
    Miami has 3 BCS wins in the ACC? Their BCS NC was while they were still in the Big East, as were their other 2 wins. The 2-12 record is for BCS games, non-NC. I don't think you really want to see the ACC record for the entire BCS series.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    It's ok to say "I don't know".
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    7,519
    vCash:
    26689
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Cap's shield
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    As Cedar said, who cares about BCS records. It's about money. Nobody wants to see Big East teams while ACC teams like FSU and especially Miami still draw high TV ratings despite mediocrity.
    Unless FSU and Miami start doing something soon, they won't be drawing high ratings anymore (if they even do now). But that's my entire point. It's not about play on the field; its about history, perception, and perceived drawing power for TV rankings. Louisville is recovering from the Steve Krathorpe era under Charlie Strong's watch quite nicely. I think we will be stepping up to the plate over the next 3 or 4 years to wedge our way into the "big boy" table.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN - NFL Playoff Machine 2014
    By MRojas4 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 12-26-2014, 09:46 PM
  2. Kiper Releases Initial Big Board for 2014
    By SMadison29 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 04:10 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 08:44 PM
  4. Texans are making proposals!
    By Fin Fan in Cali in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
  5. Trade proposals
    By Captain Lou in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •