Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCS releases playoff proposals for 2014

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Miami has 3 BCS wins in the ACC? Their BCS NC was while they were still in the Big East, as were their other 2 wins. The 2-12 record is for BCS games, non-NC. I don't think you really want to see the ACC record for the entire BCS series.
    Why are you trying to use something that happened 10 years ago with a team that's not even still in your conference as an asset? Nobody wants to watch 2004 CUSA football. Miami and Florida State, North Carolina and Dook, Virginia and Virginia Tech, Pitt and Sorrycuse, etc. are always going to be big names. USF? Houston? the team with the funny colored turf? laff laff laff.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless FSU and Miami start doing something soon, they won't be drawing high ratings anymore (if they even do now). But that's my entire point. It's not about play on the field; its about history, perception, and perceived drawing power for TV rankings. Louisville is recovering from the Steve Krathorpe era under Charlie Strong's watch quite nicely. I think we will be stepping up to the plate over the next 3 or 4 years to wedge our way into the "big boy" table.
    Good luck wedging your way into the big boy table... It's not about the play, nor has it ever been, or will be. And really, 6 of the 7 BCS wins for the Big East are by teams no longer even in the conference. It will always be about the money. Mediocre has been's like Miami and FSU still reel in tons of TV viewers. Mediocre never were and never will be's like Louisville don't, and you can say the same for the entire conference sans Boise, and not even they bring great TV ratings. Hence why the ACC gets an Orange Bowl deal and the Big East doesn't even have AQ status anymore.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope Notre Dame (provided they get 9 wins or something) gets a tie-in to the Orange Bowl. That'd be pretty good for TV ratings.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless FSU and Miami start doing something soon, they won't be drawing high ratings anymore (if they even do now). But that's my entire point. It's not about play on the field; its about history, perception, and perceived drawing power for TV rankings. Louisville is recovering from the Steve Krathorpe era under Charlie Strong's watch quite nicely. I think we will be stepping up to the plate over the next 3 or 4 years to wedge our way into the "big boy" table.
    if thats the case...you have a better chance at beating kentucky next year in basketball. U of L is good school, but wont be an elite football school stick to basketball
    Quote Quote