Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Akili Smith 2.0

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72PhinFan View Post
    But Brady didn't, Rogers didn't, and Brees didn't. So you got one QB that we no started game 1 and was great. You named one and I named three that didn't. Bad odds. dude.
    Ya but Brady was a 6th round pick and Rodgers dropped to #22 and those two teams had established starters in Bledsoe and Favre. The Dolphins drafted this guy at #8 and have no established starter on the team. Its night and day.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol why not show a little TRUST in Philbin and his coaching staff. Miami took Tannehill with the 8th pick because he wouldnt have lasted much longer. The way the rookie pay scale is now means Miami doesn't invest tons of money in him. WHile I would have preferred a different pick....it is hard to argue Tannehill is the right choice. You can be critical of the pick but to say he is going to be awful in APril makes you look stupid plain and simple!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72PhinFan View Post
    But Brady didn't, Rogers didn't, and Brees didn't. So you got one QB that we no started game 1 and was great. You named one and I named three that didn't. Bad odds. dude.
    Brady sat behind Bledsoe (who wasn't going anywhere until Brady pushed him out after his injury), and Rodgers sat behind Favre. The Fins can't afford projects like those two, and Tannehill is at best a project. Heck, didn't the Chargers have some success with Doug Flutie as the incumbent QB?

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
    Garbage posts/threads like this is why I barely spend any time here anymore. For crissakes, he hasn't even put a jersey on yet for us. And like it or not, this organization finally addressed QB since Dan Marino
    By drafting ANY QB. That's not the way to address the position. They should have drafted Dalton LAST YEAR like I wanted them to! I was right about him then, and I'm right about him now.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
    That is all. This pick just set the Fins back 5 years. Start him Week 1 or I label him a bust immediately.
    And I guess you know him better than Philbin?

WTF?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Lol why not show a little TRUST in Philbin and his coaching staff. Miami took Tannehill with the 8th pick because he wouldnt have lasted much longer. The way the rookie pay scale is now means Miami doesn't invest tons of money in him. WHile I would have preferred a different pick....it is hard to argue Tannehill is the right choice. You can be critical of the pick but to say he is going to be awful in APril makes you look stupid plain and simple!
    Because trust is earned, not expected. i've been dicked around for 13 years, so excuse me if I don't trust anything the Dolphins do right now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LMAO if tannehill would have been in last years draft he would have gone in the same spot based on who was drafted. Face it....this was the best pick for Miami to make. As far as instant starting....gtfo the best qb in the league last year sat for FOUR YEARS!!!! If tannehill pans out....he was worth the pick!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Tannehill is a better prospect than Ponder, Locker, and Dalton period!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    LMAO if tannehill would have been in last years draft he would have gone in the same spot based on who was drafted. Face it....this was the best pick for Miami to make. As far as instant starting....gtfo the best qb in the league last year sat for FOUR YEARS!!!! If tannehill pans out....he was worth the pick!
    And if we had re-drafted last year's draft, Andy Dalton would have gone top-15. Give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WTF Akili Smith 2.0, 2.0

So, i guess any honest criticism of a horrible draft pick is now considered trolling? Let's try this again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mt. Carmel, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
    Because trust is earned, not expected. i've been dicked around for 13 years, so excuse me if I don't trust anything the Dolphins do right now.
    And your age of 13 is showing in the ignorance in your posts. Labeling ANYONE a bust on draft night is ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again GTFO
    Quote Quote