Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

1. -11
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be laughing at this pick Dolfans. Coples is a huge talent. Rex has a way of getting the most out of defensive players and if he keeps Coples motivated, he will be a thorn in the Dolphins side for years to come.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Boondock Saint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I agree. But your d coordinator wasn't coples head coach in college like in our situation. We at least save a little face. They felt like he (tannenhill) was bpa. Coples wasn't even bpa at his position.

So just because Sherman was his coach in college justifies taking him at 8? Thats like when you drafted Ginn, because there was family ties to the organization. Tannehill was the BPA at 8? Whos board were you looking at?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    So just because Sherman was his coach in college justifies taking him at 8? Thats like when you drafted Ginn, because there was family ties to the organization. Tannehill was the BPA at 8? Whos board were you looking at?
    If he is your guy that you think can develop into a franchise QB it's not a reach. How funny Jets fan insist Sanchez wasn't a reach but Tannehill is. We still have our second rounder with the potential of a franchise QB and you have dog **** and dog ****tier heading for a controversy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    If he is your guy that you think can develop into a franchise QB it's not a reach. How funny Jets fan insist Sanchez wasn't a reach but Tannehill is. We still have our second rounder with the potential of a franchise QB and you have dog **** and dog ****tier heading for a controversy.
    Sanchez was a better prospect coming out than tannehill is and Sanchez has already proven to be a successful starting QB. I'm not saying you made a mistake but to call him the BPA at that point isn't one I would agree with.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I wouldn't be laughing at this pick Dolfans. Coples is a huge talent. Rex has a way of getting the most out of defensive players and if he keeps Coples motivated, he will be a thorn in the Dolphins side for years to come.
    I don't care what you think I prefer to listen to guys who study DEs and prototypical Pass Rushers for living - To say that Rex can coach anyone up is laughable - Gholsten, Sanchez come to mind...

Sure he looks the part but according to people in the know - he is a 3/4 End similar to Langford - so he looks the part - of all the possible coulda been picks like Hightower, Decastro, Reiff - I think they took the questionable one -

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Sanchez was a better prospect coming out than tannehill is and Sanchez has already proven to be a successful starting QB. I'm not saying you made a mistake but to call him the BPA at that point isn't one I would agree with.

Yah we would expect you of all people to be in agreement - Sanchez could see about as much field as Tannehill this year - smart guy
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's nothing like Gholston, Coples was a very productive college player. Don't let the troubles at UNC the last 2 years fool you. This is a good pick and the Jets are building a big time DL, I don't think you'll be laughing for too long.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Tannehill was not BPA, they reached b/c they had a huge need. The Jets allowed a top 5 talent to drop to 16. Rex personally worked Coples out in Chapel Hill, I love the pick as a Carolina & Jet fan.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spin it how you want. You have tried for 3 years to justify moving up to 5 for Sanchez and now you are nothing more then butt hurt that the Dolphins have an excellent prospect while you're stuck with a guy who still makes the same ridiculous mistakes he made his rookie year.

Funny when the tide is turned how quickly you turn with it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    I don't care what you think I prefer to listen to guys who study DEs and prototypical Pass Rushers for living - To say that Rex can coach anyone up is laughable - Gholsten, Sanchez come to mind...

Sure he looks the part but according to people in the know - he is a 3/4 End similar to Langford - so he looks the part - of all the possible coulda been picks like Hightower, Decastro, Reiff - I think they took the questionable one -

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Yah we would expect you of all people to be in agreement - Sanchez could see about as much field as Tannehill this year - smart guy
    The only way Sanchez isn't playing is if he is hurt.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post

Gholston was a guy that was drafted off one play against Jake Long. Coples has a tremendous amount of talent but the heart is in question. Personally I would have taken Ingram but Coples has the most potential talent wise.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Funny how you knock our pick, you could have traded back into the middle of the 1st round and gotten Tannehill, and should have picked BPA.
    Yep. Dolphins still and won't ever know how to draft right. Natch.

Quote Quote