Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

1. -81
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yep he sucked so bad he ws still better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Tebow is not taking 1/3 of the snaps. Don't be fooled by everything that you read. Rex said Tebow may get AS MANY as 20 snaps per game. he never said 20 as a QB, he's going to be the up man on punts, he's going to line up in the backfield behind Sanchez as a RB/FB. He'll run a few WC plays per game but not 1/3 of our plays.

Tim Tebow will only be our starter if Sanchez gets hurt.

Wayne Hunter started for us in an AFC Championship Game 2 years ago, he sucked in 2011 w/o a doubt but it's not like the man cannot play. This is the one hole that concerns me and I'm not comfortable w/ him being our starter but it could be worse.

The WR we traded up for played in a run first offense, he hasn't had the chance to catch the ball a lot. He'll be a deep threat and a great blocker for us- much like Braylon was hopefully.

Shonn Green averaged over 4 YPC w/ a bad OL in 2011. It's not like he's CJ Spiller and we used a top 10 pick on him.

Our DL is going to be outstanding and we have good LBs. Our front 7 will be pretty good.

Let's see if revis holds out, nothing has been indictaed either way. Eric Smith was hurt last year, he'll be healthy(to start the year) this year, much like Hunter he started for us in a conf title game just 2 years ago.

Sanchez was excellent throwing downfield when he had Braylon, he didn't have a guy that could get downfield and he didn't have the time to throw it downfield.

all of those bullet points are perceptions except the comp %.

Mark has a fragile ego now? last year he responded to pre game boos by throwing 4 TDs. That doesn't seem fragile to me.

his 38 yd TD sealed the Miami game
    he caught the GW TD against your Bills at the Meadowlands
    His TD at Orchard park seperated the two teams in what was a close game at the time before the Jets humiliated Buf again.
    He scored the GW TD at Washington

2 late GW TDs in a bad season isn't bad, right? that's probably 2 more than Stevie for his career.

blah, blah, blah and Buf was an a dropped INT from losing to Oak, and 2 INT returns from possibly losing to NE/Philly. The Jets WON those games.

The Jets have won their last 5 against Buf by an average score of 30-14
    The Jets have won 12 more reg season games the last 3 years and were still 2 games ahead of Buf in '11 despite having a "bad" year while Buf had a good year for them.

I guess close only counts when Stevie drops game winning TD catches?
    Promise you won't throw yourself off a bridge by week 3 - would you write a contract with us not to hurt yourself when your projections prove false?
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

looks like they wanted bruce irvin over coples....lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UT the Jet View Post
    You guys made the biggest reach pick this side of Irvin and the Seahawks.

You swung and missed on every QB you pursued this offseason so you were basically forced to take a QB in the Top 10 that had no business even being in the Top 25.
    lmao, you guys wanted irvin over coples

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    Promise you won't throw yourself off a bridge by week 3 - would you write a contract with us not to hurt yourself when your projections prove false?
    I will never post again on this site if Tebow is starting over Sanchez by week 3 if Sanchez is healthy. That will hurt the site so maybe that's a bad bet but think of a good one and I'll bet you. There is a better chance Miami wins the next 6 Super Bowls than Tebow beating out a healthy Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    junc, let's be honest. I'm one of the few Dolphin fans in the world who likes Sanchez and believes that he's a capable starter in this league.

But you can't disagree that Tim Tebow has the biggest individual "cult-like" following in professional sports today. Quite possibly the biggest in professional sports history. This dude is a MEGASTAR outside of football. I hate the Florida Gators more than anything I've ever hated in my life and for damn good reason.

And it's difficult even for me to dislike Tim Tebow. I find myself rooting for that guy every single week.

So if Mark Sanchez has even one bad quarter in his first game at home...the rally cries for Tebow will come very quickly. And once that happens, it's a snowball effect. ESPECIALLY in New York. The New York media will go ballistic with this because it's so entertaining and so appealing to a large group of people from a national standpoint.

I know that the Jets fanbase and even the Jets organization themselves would love to be on the back page of the New York Post ever single week and Tim Tebow is the one guy who can make it happen. I'm not saying that the back page should be a high priority, but these are all the things that Tim Tebow can bring to the Jets. He's more than a football player for a lousy 60 minutes. He's loved and well received and because of all of this that I have mentioned, it won't take much for Tebow to take this job from Sanchez despite Sanchez even on his worst day being twice the QB that Tebow will ever be on his best day.

I wouldn't even blink if Tebow was announced the starter by week three. And in a lot of ways I really hope it happens. #1 it makes you guys worse than you already are lol. #2 I like Mark Sanchez and I think he needs to get the hell out of New York if he ever wants to make it in this league. It's just not the right place for him IMO.

Quote Quote  

6. -86
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I will never post again on this site if Tebow is starting over Sanchez by week 3 if Sanchez is healthy. That will hurt the site so maybe that's a bad bet but think of a good one and I'll bet you. There is a better chance Miami wins the next 6 Super Bowls than Tebow beating out a healthy Sanchez.
    It would hurt the site?

Me leaving this site forever would make no difference to anyone here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It would hurt the site?

Me leaving this site forever would make no difference to anyone here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.
    junc is a good dude...but most people would be thankful that he left I think lol.

That's not a knock on junc...but some people here treat their little corner of the Internet like it's ****ing Los Angeles gang territory.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    junc, let's be honest. I'm one of the few Dolphin fans in the world who likes Sanchez and believes that he's a capable starter in this league.

But you can't disagree that Tim Tebow has the biggest individual "cult-like" following in professional sports today. Quite possibly the biggest in professional sports history. This dude is a MEGASTAR outside of football. I hate the Florida Gators more than anything I've ever hated in my life and for damn good reason.

And it's difficult even for me to dislike Tim Tebow. I find myself rooting for that guy every single week.

So if Mark Sanchez has even one bad quarter in his first game at home...the rally cries for Tebow will come very quickly. And once that happens, it's a snowball effect. ESPECIALLY in New York. The New York media will go ballistic with this because it's so entertaining and so appealing to a large group of people from a national standpoint.

I know that the Jets fanbase and even the Jets organization themselves would love to be on the back page of the New York Post ever single week and Tim Tebow is the one guy who can make it happen. I'm not saying that the back page should be a high priority, but these are all the things that Tim Tebow can bring to the Jets. He's more than a football player for a lousy 60 minutes. He's loved and well received and because of all of this that I have mentioned, it won't take much for Tebow to take this job from Sanchez despite Sanchez even on his worst day being twice the QB that Tebow will ever be on his best day.

I wouldn't even blink if Tebow was announced the starter by week three. And in a lot of ways I really hope it happens. #1 it makes you guys worse than you already are lol. #2 I like Mark Sanchez and I think he needs to get the hell out of New York if he ever wants to make it in this league. It's just not the right place for him IMO.
    I agree Tebow has a cult following but I'm pretty confident Rex isn't going to bow down to pressure from tebow fans. Rex knows what sanchez can do and he's not going to give up on him if he has a bad qtr or bad game. Remember, Sanchez has been a really good 4th qtr QB too and has more comeback wins than Tebow so while tebows greatest strength is his play late in games Sanchez hs been better.

The jets want to be on the backpages for the right reasons. In the 90s w/ Rich Kotite the Jets dominated the backpages for futility, they don't want that. They want to dominate the headlines the way they did in '09 &'10 and the only way to do that is to win and Mark Sanchez gives the jets the best chance to win.

If Mark Sanchez is healthy and tim tebow starts week 3 I will be shocked like I have never been shocked before. I just can't see that happening, if it does I will be as disappointed in this team as I have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It would hurt the site?

I didn't say the site would shut down but it wouldn't be the same and it would hurt the board. I think losing any regular would hurt the board.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since the Jests play the Bills with their revamped DL in week 1 and the always blitz-happy Steelers in week 2, there's a distinct possibility that Sanchez won't be healthy for week 3, especially with the Jests dynamic duo of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse at RT.

Seriously, you are underestimating Tebowmania as well as the Jets' desire for publicity. Ask Kyle Orton.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Since the Jests play the Bills with their revamped DL in week 1 and the always blitz-happy Steelers in week 2, there's a distinct possibility that Sanchez won't be healthy for week 3, especially with the Jests dynamic duo of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse at RT.

Seriously, you are underestimating Tebowmania as well as the Jets' desire for publicity. Ask Kyle Orton.
    Again, the Jets desire for publicity has to do w/ WINNING. Mark gives us the best chance to win.

There's no way mark can take more of a beating than he took last year even against "great" teams like Buffalo.
    Quote Quote