Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Coples to the Jets.....

  1. -41
    1972fins's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2011
    Posts:
    356
    vCash:
    1981
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Great idea ... And you guys should move Tennehill back to WR since you dont' have any and he probably cant play QB in the NFL at a high level.
    Congratulations on whiffing on your first four choices (Luck, Peyton, Flynn, RG III) and finally making a desperate reach for your fifth choice. Nice job.
    enjoy Sanchez and your broke down team, maybe they can all sing we are the world and come together, and congrats on the announcement of Cromarty becoming a father for the 12th time, of course from 9 different mothers, his goal appears to be to repopulate the world single handed
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Great idea ... And you guys should move Tennehill back to WR since you dont' have any and he probably cant play QB in the NFL at a high level.
    Congratulations on whiffing on your first four choices (Luck, Peyton, Flynn, RG III) and finally making a desperate reach for your fifth choice. Nice job.
    The Jets are not in much better shape in the WR department. Yes, they have Holmes, but he is a ticking time bomb. His TD #'s have been pretty good, but he only has about 40 more yards receiveing the last 2 years than Devon Bess.

    Whiffing? Luck was never an option. The Redskins gave up way too much for RG III. When you weigh the options of Tannehill for a first round pick at #8 or Griffin III for three 1st rounders and a second, Tannehill is a much better choice.

    Don't get me wrong, I think Griffin III is the better prospect but Tannehill is the better value. I believe Tannehill can be a great quarterback in the NFL and has all the tools necessary to be a franchise guy. I am glad the Dolphins didn't give up 3 first rounders and a second for RG III and instead took Tannehill even at #8. Add in the fact that Sherman knows him better than anyone else, and I feel good about him over all the other guys.


    We couldn't afford to pay Manning 19 million a season even if he wanted to sign with us and he has 1 or 2 years left at most.

    Offering Flynn what they thought he was worth instead of overpaying is not a whiff. Philbin should know better than anyone else what he was worth. I am comfortable with his decision not to overpay for Flynn. I don't see how any of those can be considered whiffs.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    UT the Jet's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    107
    vCash:
    1394
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    rex failed miserably at gettign gholston motivated.
    And he succeeded tremendously with Aaron Maybin.
    "We want to be known as the most physical football team in the NFL...You take a swipe at one of our guys, we'll take a swipe at two of yours."

    - Rex Ryan
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Tiko377's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    1,860
    vCash:
    2732
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's going to be there DE someone like Ellis interesting stuff I know a lot of people thought he would be a OLB anyway jets lost
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

    Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    DudeleBroski's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2011
    Posts:
    486
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we didn't need a QB and we took Quinton at 8 with Melvin Ingram and Hightower still on the board, I'd be very disappointed.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,998
    vCash:
    9799
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    this isn't the BCS where they automatically put SEC teams in the title game, you have to earn it in the NFL. Coples had to deal w/ a ton of problems at UNC including the NCAA taking away a likely Nat'l Title contender 2 years ago while SEC teams continue to cheat w/ no interference. How did Ingram dominate w/ 19 sacks to the last 2 years and Coples struggle w/ 17.5?
    Well it looks like you and the rest of the little sisters of the poor are going to get your wish with socialized college football.

    Hope you're ready to watch two SEC schools contend for the title every single year and have even more of a death grip on college football.

    I didn't say Coples struggled. I said he disappeared. There's a difference. Coples takes plays off he's lazy. He's phenomenal but he does have somewhat of a poor work ethic. If he's relaxing in the ACC where there's less talent, how does he react in the NFL?

    And I have no idea what you're talking about with the NCAA taking away title contenders and....what?! Made zero sense.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Jets are not in much better shape in the WR department. Yes, they have Holmes, but he is a ticking time bomb. His TD #'s have been pretty good, but he only has about 40 more yards receiveing the last 2 years than Devon Bess.

    Whiffing? Luck was never an option. The Redskins gave up way too much for RG III. When you weigh the options of Tannehill for a first round pick at #8 or Griffin III for three 1st rounders and a second, Tannehill is a much better choice.

    Don't get me wrong, I think Griffin III is the better prospect but Tannehill is the better value. I believe Tannehill can be a great quarterback in the NFL and has all the tools necessary to be a franchise guy. I am glad the Dolphins didn't give up 3 first rounders and a second for RG III and instead took Tannehill even at #8. Add in the fact that Sherman knows him better than anyone else, and I feel good about him over all the other guys.


    We couldn't afford to pay Manning 19 million a season even if he wanted to sign with us and he has 1 or 2 years left at most.

    Offering Flynn what they thought he was worth instead of overpaying is not a whiff. Philbin should know better than anyone else what he was worth. I am comfortable with his decision not to overpay for Flynn. I don't see how any of those can be considered whiffs.
    The Jets are in much better shape WR wise w/o a doubt. Holmes is better than any WR you have, Hill is the next most talented guy in the division, kerley is like your bes WR in Bess.

    Holmes only played 12 games in 2010 don't forget, his #s were down, the O was down in 2011 but he still made big plays and scored a ton of TDs. bess has 11 career TDs, Holmes has 14 the last 2 years alone

    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well it looks like you and the rest of the little sisters of the poor are going to get your wish with socialized college football.

    Hope you're ready to watch two SEC schools contend for the title every single year and have even more of a death grip on college football.

    I didn't say Coples struggled. I said he disappeared. There's a difference. Coples takes plays off he's lazy. He's phenomenal but he does have somewhat of a poor work ethic. If he's relaxing in the ACC where there's less talent, how does he react in the NFL?

    And I have no idea what you're talking about with the NCAA taking away title contenders and....what?! Made zero sense.
    I don't watch CFB, it's boring w/ no real champ. a 4 game playoff is a nice start but still not what they need. an 8 or 16 game playoff is what is needed for this sport and hopefully they eventually get there so teams can't just play 1-2 tough games a year and play for Nat'l titles.

    Coples was in a unique situation b/c the NCAA destroyed the heels program(while allowing SEC programs to cheat every year)
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,998
    vCash:
    9799
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I knew you'd be back in here Monday morning.

    Like punching a time clock.

    8 or 16 team playoff?

    Youre a smart dude, break this down for us. Go beyond football. Explain how this works from a financial and University standpoint. Take into account that almost every BCS athletic department operates in the red. Now figure out how to get STUDENT-athletes to miss more class time. This isn't a 12 man basketball roster. Figure out how you're going to pay airfare for 60+ roster players, the band, cheerleaders, coaches, trainers, hotels, transportation and meals.

    Dollar amounts are beginning to pile up aren't they. It's a bit tougher to accomplish outside of just go play some football.

    1 tough games to get to a national title? Been trying to tell you that Boise State didn't deserve a shot lol. Alabama is a different story.

    Either way, Coples is lazy and takes plays off in the ACC. I still don't know what you were referring to with national title contenders. I assume you weren't talking about the Tarheels since they can't even manage to beat my lousy Hurricanes.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I knew you'd be back in here Monday morning.

    Like punching a time clock.

    8 or 16 team playoff?

    Youre a smart dude, break this down for us. Go beyond football. Explain how this works from a financial and University standpoint. Take into account that almost every BCS athletic department operates in the red. Now figure out how to get STUDENT-athletes to miss more class time. This isn't a 12 man basketball roster. Figure out how you're going to pay airfare for 60+ roster players, the band, cheerleaders, coaches, trainers, hotels, transportation and meals.

    Dollar amounts are beginning to pile up aren't they. It's a bit tougher to accomplish outside of just go play some football.

    1 tough games to get to a national title? Been trying to tell you that Boise State didn't deserve a shot lol. Alabama is a different story.

    Either way, Coples is lazy and takes plays off in the ACC. I still don't know what you were referring to with national title contenders. I assume you weren't talking about the Tarheels since they can't even manage to beat my lousy Hurricanes.
    Obviously they are very concerned w/ students missing class time which is why they have playoffs in the other divisions and have the NCAA basketball tourney where teams are away from home for 3 weeks or so.(not consecutivly but they fly back and forth).

    an 8 team Tourney is 3 weeks, 16 is 4 weeks. Most classes are done by early Dec and resume mid January. That's when they Tourney should take place.

    The NCAA flies the teams out, it's part of the billions they'd be making w/ such a Tourney. In the NCAA BB tourney the schools don't pay for the travel and accomodations.

    'Bama won one tough game and LOST at HOME to one of the few tough teams they played, didn't make their conf title game yet still played for the title. only in CFB.

    UNC would have been a legit title contender in 2010 before all the suspensions.

    Julius Peppers was supposedly lazy at Carolina too.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,998
    vCash:
    9799
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you're making 18 year-old kids play an additional four weeks which is more wear and tear on young bodies. I'm sure they're physically ready for that. And I'm sure you'll get a "true" champ from a system that creates more injuries at critical moments. This is working out swimmingly.

    So you have to win your conference title in order to play for a national title? Oklahoma State was more "deserving?" They lost games that WEREN'T tough. What a fraud they were. Alabama was te best team in the country and they were better than LSU when LSU beat them. Alabama missed five field goals in that game. That practically never happens. If you HAVE to win your conference in order to play for a national title then you should have to win your division to make the playoffs and not back in with help from other teams right?

    North Carolina would have struggled to win the ACC in 2010. The ACC doesn't have any good times. And by some miracle of whatever God there might be does UNC get to a national title, they would have been throttled by the SEC.

    When this playoff happens and two and three teams from the SEC are in that playoff, I'd better not hear anyone's whining about how it's not fair. The SEC is bigger, badder and better than everyone else in college football. One loss teams from the SEC should get in over undefeated teams from the Big 12 who play NO ONE every year. Conferences outside the SEC are TRASH. The SEC's fourth best team would dickhole stomp their way to an ACC title with little effort. That's why Alabama gets in the title game.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload
    By rent this space in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 08:44 AM
  2. Will Coples Succeed?
    By miadolphins101 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Tannehill/Coples
    By AP27 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
  4. jmo about drafting coples
    By sinPHIN in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
  5. Quinton Coples
    By DKphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •