Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Coples to the Jets.....

  1. -61
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,867
    vCash:
    6429
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care how many teams the NFL has. You don't reward mediocrity.

    Once the playoffs start, balls can bounce certain ways and next thing you know, you've got a team who didn't deserve to even get in moving on and then getting bounced when they don't have that luck on their side. It's garbage.

    The great teams go out and play hard every week and win games. They EARN it. 9-7?

    TRASH

    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BasqueAtlantean View Post
    I am glad they drafted coples i also think hes going to be a bust lmao
    What will be more successful? The city of Atlantis or Coples' Jets career?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,525
    vCash:
    8671
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Conferences outside the SEC are TRASH. The SEC's fourth best team would dickhole stomp their way to an ACC title with little effort. That's why Alabama gets in the title game.
    Agreed. Look at how BYU struggled against Ole Miss last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    This is what makes college football BCS so great. Mediocrity is not rewarded.

    Socialized playoffs can kiss my ass.
    2 Thoughts... Mediocrity is rewarded somewhat. Case in point 2010 New Mexico Bowl... Gee! I'm trashing byu again.

    As far as socialized playoffs, look at the dog & pony show the NBA is. Its either playoffs of draft lottery.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.








    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I don't care how many teams the NFL has. You don't reward mediocrity.

    Once the playoffs start, balls can bounce certain ways and next thing you know, you've got a team who didn't deserve to even get in moving on and then getting bounced when they don't have that luck on their side. It's garbage.

    The great teams go out and play hard every week and win games. They EARN it. 9-7?

    TRASH
    The NFL is different today, a couple of bounces of the ball can be the difference btw 12-4 and 8-8. There aren't any dominat teams any more, we didn't see the upsets in postseason in the 70s and 80s that we see today. CFB doesn't have the dominant programs it used to have either w/ UM, FSU, ND, etc... You have to give teams a chance, in an 8-16 team playoff you should have mostly conf champs w/ a few "wild card" teams that didn't win their conf title. In the NFL you don't have a choice what division you play in, some teams can get in winning their div at 8-8, others can miss the playoffs at 10-6, you have to make it fair.

    If you hate mediocrity and think you have to win your conf how can you support the BCS allowing a team that couldn't ven make their conf title game playing for the Nat'l title?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,867
    vCash:
    6429
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't tell me that Oklahoma State winning their garbage conference is the same as finishing "third" in the SEC. Alabama was the est team in the SEC all year long. There was Alabama and LSU and then there was a HUGE drop off. You can't tell me that there wasn't because you don't watch a lot of college football.

    Oklahoma State lost to IOWA STATE. That's Iowa State. That's not LSU. If everyone has one loss, you have to take the team with the best loss. Alabama lost to what was then the best team in the country by a score of 9-6 in a game where they missed five field goals. LSU didn't score on Alabama. Alabama didn't score on LSU. I came away feeling they were equal.

    LSU
    Alabama
    oklahoma State
    Stanford

    Four team playoff. Who plays for the national title?

    Alabama and LSU.

    BCS got it right again. Don't hold it against Alabama that they have to share a division with another great team. Last season was a rare occasion. The two best teams head and shoulders above the rest just so happened to be from the same conference and the same division. College football needed that rematch.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,867
    vCash:
    6429
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Agreed. Look at how BYU struggled against Ole Miss last year.



    2 Thoughts... Mediocrity is rewarded somewhat. Case in point 2010 New Mexico Bowl... Gee! I'm trashing byu again.

    As far as socialized playoffs, look at the dog & pony show the NBA is. Its either playoffs of draft lottery.
    Don't get me started on bowl season. That's here college football is seriously flawed. I've got salad bowls, dog food bowls, weed eater bowls and everything else. It's pure ****.

    Give me:

    Orange Bowl
    Fiesta Bowl
    Rose Bowl
    Sugar Bowl
    National Title

    That's it. Everyone else stays at home where they belong. Give me the BCS bowls on New Year's Eve. National title on New Year's Day. The end.

    No one wants to watch Eastern Montana Tech take on Roast Beef State culinary institute in the Equate Mouthwash Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    You can't tell me that Oklahoma State winning their garbage conference is the same as finishing "third" in the SEC. Alabama was the est team in the SEC all year long. There was Alabama and LSU and then there was a HUGE drop off. You can't tell me that there wasn't because you don't watch a lot of college football.

    Oklahoma State lost to IOWA STATE. That's Iowa State. That's not LSU. If everyone has one loss, you have to take the team with the best loss. Alabama lost to what was then the best team in the country by a score of 9-6 in a game where they missed five field goals. LSU didn't score on Alabama. Alabama didn't score on LSU. I came away feeling they were equal.

    LSU
    Alabama
    oklahoma State
    Stanford

    Four team playoff. Who plays for the national title?

    Alabama and LSU.

    BCS got it right again. Don't hold it against Alabama that they have to share a division with another great team. Last season was a rare occasion. The two best teams head and shoulders above the rest just so happened to be from the same conference and the same division. College football needed that rematch.
    If 'Bama was the best team in the SEC all season long they would have beaten LSU at HOME.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,467
    vCash:
    24458
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The three best teams in the NFL last year were all in the NFC. Yet the playoffs were still played and no one complained that the Pats got a chance to win the Super Bowl despite being clearly inferior.

    What I think we have to rid ourselves of is the notion that the Championship Game in any sport decides what the best team is. All it ever does is show who won the Championship Game. College football's attempt to pick the "best" two teams (by an impossible-to-understand mathematical formula, no less) and then have them play is an affront to the impossibility of that concept and to the American instinct to give the underdog a chance in a fair fight. If the SEC teams really are that superior, it should be a relatively routine thing for them to prove it in a playoff system, just as the basketball powerhouses most often prevail in March Madness.

    It's easy to point to the holes in a playoff system. But at the end of the day what it reminds me of is Thomas Jefferson's famous quote about democracy. "It's the worst possible system, except when compared to all the others."
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,867
    vCash:
    6429
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If 'Bama was the best team in the SEC all season long they would have beaten LSU at HOME.

    Five missed field goals. Who misses five field goals in one game. That's about as rare as you being right lol.

    You can say LSU was significantly better when they couldn't even score on Alabama. Game went to overtime as well where Alabama missed a game winning field goal I believe.

    Only teams capable of beating either team was each other. Oklahoma State was too soft up front. Alabama and LSU either one would have mauled those poor kids. Just wouldn't have been fair. The SEC is on a different level. I know you don't want to admit that and will refute it all day long but it's the truth. They're better. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Every single position. Last five national titles. It'll be tough to put a stop to it this season. I mean South Carolina would be the best team in any of the other conferences lol. That's just sad for everyone else.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,867
    vCash:
    6429
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is relatively easy to prove it in a playoff system. The SEC is the only conference that has voted FOR the playoff.

    All of the other conferences have opposed. Why?

    Because all of the other conferences know that a playoff benefits the SEC tremendously. SEC already gets the befit of the doubt because they're better than everyone else. It's not far fetched that you could have four SEC schools in a playoff for the national title. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida. Very capable teams that would kick Virginia Tech's teeth in.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload
    By rent this space in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 08:44 AM
  2. Will Coples Succeed?
    By miadolphins101 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Tannehill/Coples
    By AP27 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
  4. jmo about drafting coples
    By sinPHIN in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
  5. Quinton Coples
    By DKphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •