Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Konz

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Peter Konz

I would love to see the Fins pick TE Coby Fleener in the 2nd rd and I like WR Rueben Randle quite a bit, but keep your eyes on Peter Konz- dude is a stud, and we need OL help, regardless of all of the money and draft picks spent on Long, Pouncy, Carey, et al. Maybe you move Pouncy to OG, I don't know. The freaking Steelers got a steal with DeCasto at #24 btw...

Kordy Glenn would be a hell of a 2nd rd pick, too. Konz and Glenn are studs- if we miss out on Fleener and Randle I still like Devier Posey, Joe Adams and Devon Wylie. Alshon Jeffrey- stay away please. Poor work ethic and has the separation skills of a Patrick Turner or Ernest Wilford. No thank you.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are injury concerns with Konz which explains his fall from the 1st round. Glenn while he is a beast doesn't fit Miami's new offensive scheme. Konz could fall alot further, but is a guy I really like too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If Miami is smart. they take the BPA on their board at 42. I gotta think that would be Upshaw if he's there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Casserly called Konz falling out of round 1. He should be under consideration, but the guy I'm looking at for us if we go OG is Amini Silatolu
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins haven't worked Konz out, according to the Draft Winds list. I think that makes him less likely for the Fins than someone like Mike Adams, Osemele or Brooks. Glenn might not be a ZBS guy, but he's great value in the second.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as I like Konz, I don't see us picking him in the second round. I think he would be a perfect fit at center for us; sliding Pouncey over to guard (his natural position).
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Casserly called Konz falling out of round 1. He should be under consideration, but the guy I'm looking at for us if we go OG is Amini Silatolu
    Miami may be able to trade down a bit and still select Silatolu!!! Upshaw scares me!!! he seems to be more of a strong side 3-4 type LB than a 4-3 rush end with speed and quickness to come off the edge. Curry on the other hand has a variety of moves that make him a better fit for the 4-3.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take Konz in a second...but only if the medical checks out. The guy is a beast and would allow us to move Pouncey to guard where he belongs. He's constantly having snapping issues and he's best at double teaming and sliding off to block defenders at the second level. To me, this would improve 2 positions on the OLine, not just one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    I would take Konz in a second...but only if the medical checks out. The guy is a beast and would allow us to move Pouncey to guard where he belongs. He's constantly having snapping issues and he's best at double teaming and sliding off to block defenders at the second level. To me, this would improve 2 positions on the OLine, not just one.
    I posted this exact line of thinking in a post last night ... I see great minds think alike!!! Go Dolphins!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Upshaw is good no doubt. He may have weight issues as he gained weight quickly after the combine. He has speed but not tremendous speed for a 1st rounder.

Jenoris Jenkins is probably BPA but has off field risks. He is great football player tho.
    Quote Quote