Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: people already bashing us for taking him...

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be honest, I have no problem in people questioning the pick....I know I do. However, I still went out and ordered a Tannehill jersey and will hope like hell he can beat the odds. The guy has 1.5 years of REAL QBing experience, regardless of what tools he has and we just spent a #8 pick on him....IT IS A HUGE RISK and IMHO the QB fiasco this year (along with the Head Coach fiasco from last year) was probably looming in the minds of Ross and Ireland when making this call. I think there would have been a huge backlash if we didn't select a QB on a team that is already struggling to sell 30,000 season tickets.

The Long article was stupid, but I for one can't blame any reporter who questions the pick. Now lets go Tannehill and prove their butts wrong!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pure jealousy! If they knew what we knew because of shermans insider trading, he would have gone #2!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let them talk. Maybe it will motivate Tannehill to work harder toward becoming the player the Dolphins drafted him to be.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    No, its not. They sat because they WEREN'T READY!

You would be the guy that would bash the **** out of the FO if they drafted a lineman and Tannehill went on to become a Top 10 QB somewhere else a few years down the road. That much, I am positive of!
    This is simply untrue. Both Rivers and Rodgers were NFL ready. They were both 3 or 4 year starters at QB. If Brees or Favre had gone down, they would have been able to come in and give a decent account of themselves as both Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger did while starting as rookies. They could do that because they had developed skill sets during their collegiate years that helped them transition to the pros.

If Moore went down for the season on opening day, could Tannehill take over the team and salvage something of the season? The realistinc answer to that is "no" because Tannehill is NOT NFL ready. Instead of developing his QB skills as a freshman and sophomore, he was playing WR.

IMO, Tannehill will be pushed into the starting job sometime this season despite all the claims to the contrary within and without the Fins organization especially if Miami has a slow start like last season, which might happen with a new coaching staff and new offensive/defensive systems.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthos View Post
    Dude has NO IDEA what he's talking about. Tannehill is not going to be "thrown into action immediately". And as for Miami "wiffing" on Matt Flynn, had the Dolphins REALLY wanted Matt Flynn, they could have had him.
    I don't think that tannehill will be "thrown in" just because of his draft status but If he is the better qb bye week 1 shouldn't he start
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCHETTJACK View Post
    Pure jealousy! If they knew what we knew because of shermans insider trading, he would have gone #2!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    God grief, no! Most Bills fans breathed a sigh of relief when the Fins took Tannehill because it ...
    • eliminated any possibility that the Bills would be tempted to reach for Tannehill at #10
    • guaranteed that the Fins would get little or no positive production out of their first round draft pick!

I suspect that in 3-4 years, most Fin fans will be wishing that Tannehill would have gone at #2 or #22 or #222, anywhere but #8. Reaching for a project at any position in the first round is dumb, and reaching for said project in the Top 10 is even dumber, but reaching for a project QB in the Top Ten is a prescription for failure.

However, better the Fins than the Bills. Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sanchez wasn't very "nfl ready"
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These talking heads act as if Luck and RGIII don't need development and won't struggle either. I'm calling flopage for both top picks in their rookie year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
    Then he should have never been picked at 8.
    Your logic is flawless; clearly you have done this before! :golfclap
    "Green Day. What the ****’s that all about? They consider themselves to be—and I quote—“a kick-*** rock ’n’ roll band.” They could not be less kick-*** if they tried."

-Noel Gallagher
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin View Post
    The problem with this theory is that we drafted a guy who isnt even ready to play....therefore, we won't know if we need to draft another QB until 2015 and may end up missing on a good QB in next 2 years drafts.
    If we are in a position to snag a franchise QB at the top of the next two years' drafts, it will be because a hell of a lot more has gone wrong with this team than Tannehill sitting on the bench, and it will take more than a franchise QB to fix it.

No one thought Marino was ready to play right away either. We have two proven starters besides Tannehill and a whole offseason for the coaches to decide who starts. Let's all come in off the ledge.
    Quote Quote