Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nuggets Vs. Lakers....

1. -51
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    LOL! I think that I remember Kobe saying that Gasol was a little too much White Swan and he needed him to be a little more Black Swan. Before anyone misunderstands that, I think what Kobe meant was the mindset or attitude that he needed from Gasol.....
    so what's chris bosh excuse??? that cats pillow soft and thinks he's a player...way way overrated
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    so what's chris bosh excuse??? that cats pillow soft and thinks he's a player...way way overrated
    Might be the same issue......
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    He's not really playing like a rookie though, is he?
    No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    No doubt hes playing great but it still should be the biggest mismatch on the floor. I get the Lakers want that high/low action with Gasol and Bynum but it just makes no sense to me why you don't get the ball to Gasol in the post more often. Its not like Faried can deny him position or challenge his shot in any way.

In any case I hope they pull out the win in LA. Denver/OKC would be a great series.
    Denver doesn't have anyone of the caliber of a Kobe, Bynum or Gasol. What they have decided to do is focus a lot of attention on Drew and Pau while doing their best to not let Kobe take over the game. They have been double and triple teaming the LA bigs which, IMO, has been the cause of their lack of production in a lot of the games. One thing though, Faried may not have the size of Gasol but he is a very pesky player. Combine that with the help he gets when LA attempts isolate on him down low and you get some frustrated big men. It kind of showed in one of the games when Bynum got the tech for shoving Kenneth. If LA is to get out of this series, they have got to figure out how to deal with the attention that Denver is putting on their front court....

EDIT: I do hope that Denver wins the series but I am not looking forward to being matched up against OKC at all for reasons that I have mentioned previously. They are like looking in a mirror for Denver but with much better shooters....
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Its not like they have to focus all that much on Gasol.....hes rarely involved in the offense. Most of the time with the starting unit hes reduced to being a set shooter. Some blogger counted it out in game 5 where they initially ran the offense through him 4 times the entire game.....none of those times in the low block. Just seems like a horrible under utilization to me.
    Good point! He is still getting doubled & tripled when he gets his touches though. That's especially true if he is on the court when Bynum sits. He has got to show that he can over come the added attention. They shouldn't stop going to him him IMO. When he gets his chances he has to make the most of them. Thus far he hasn't. I for one, am glad that he hasn't!
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still don't have a voice thanks to game 6. That place was rocking. Pumped for tonight

Go Nuggets!
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Denver's too fast for LA.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter