Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: miller really?

  1. -11
    andyahs's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    5,183
    vCash:
    8444
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    you serious, this is probably the best move ireland has ever made in his history as a gm. Miller was too good of a player to lose out on.
    BPA for sure. Great pick up.





    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,547
    vCash:
    11770
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    you serious, this is probably the best move ireland has ever made in his history as a gm. Miller was too good of a player to lose out on.
    Except RB was in no way, shape, or form a need. We actually already had too many good players. WR, however, was and still is a huge need.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    justdev7's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    1,916
    vCash:
    1503
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    you serious, this is probably the best move ireland has ever made in his history as a gm. Miller was too good of a player to lose out on.
    Agreed. This is the type of move winning franchises make


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ya2jzz
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    jonanthans's Avatar
    LES f**g MILES

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    720
    vCash:
    1006
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one is saying he wasnt a good player. He just doesn't fill a current glaring need on this team. We lost our best reciever and have done nothing to replace him. McNutt is still on the board. We move up and grab him, I'll be ok with the Miller pick. Otherwise it was not a move we needed to make, especially considering he has knee and shoulder issues.
    JARVIS LANDRY = HINES WARD 2.0
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dolphinators13's Avatar
    Comon Mannnn

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2002
    Posts:
    1,139
    vCash:
    1384
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Except RB was in no way, shape, or form a need. We actually already had too many good players. WR, however, was and still is a huge need.
    Disagree, last year was the first year Bush was completely healthly. DT also has some injury concerns. We needed depth add running back IMO and we got a good talent in round 4. I understand WR is still a concern. That is whats great of the west coast offense you can have a group of good WR. We are not making the playoffs next year we can draft WR next draft. I love this draft we finally drafted a QB/TE. We also got a DE and good OT.
    Dolphins season ticket holder living in INDY

    I did not think it was possible but Jon Martin is now my all time hated Dolphin over Jay Fiedler.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Regulus's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    287
    vCash:
    1996
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A talent like that in the 4th rd is hard to pass up. Just because a position is not a need right now doesn't mean it can't quickly become a need due to injury and free agency.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    21
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wait and see fellas there is a vision and its philbins vision i believe.... do you???
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,585
    vCash:
    1496
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you guys even from Miami? Lamar Miller is probably going to be better than Richardson. He's got scary potential but had some issues. This was an amazing steal in the 4th round.

    And we only gave up next years 6th rounder. The other 6th rounder we gave up came from the Chargers yesterday for trading back a few spots in the 3rd rd.

    -NEVER- pass up on a potential special talent because you have a "need".....
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,585
    vCash:
    1496
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonanthans View Post
    No one is saying he wasnt a good player. He just doesn't fill a current glaring need on this team. We lost our best reciever and have done nothing to replace him. McNutt is still on the board. We move up and grab him, I'll be ok with the Miller pick. Otherwise it was not a move we needed to make, especially considering he has knee and shoulder issues.

    You don't just take a WR just to take one and pass on a potential star RB. Lamar Miller can really pan out in a big way for us, not sure why he fell so far down, probably a nagging injury.

    There is no way you can justify taking some average scrub WR simply because we need one and pass on a potential stud RB like Miller in the FOURTH round. No way. You take Miller and find a way to fill WR later. I don't care if we have DT and Bush. Miller has potential to be better than both, then we trade one of them.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    532
    vCash:
    1240
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    You don't just take a WR just to take one and pass on a potential star RB. Lamar Miller can really pan out in a big way for us, not sure why he fell so far down, probably a nagging injury.

    There is no way you can justify taking some average scrub WR simply because we need one and pass on a potential stud RB like Miller in the FOURTH round. No way. You take Miller and find a way to fill WR later. I don't care if we have DT and Bush. Miller has potential to be better than both, then we trade one of them.
    To which I say he better be a star in exchange for not drafting a WR. We better find the next Antonio Brown, or I'm gonna **** bricks.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miller
    By BSQ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
  2. Put miller in
    By sinPHIN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
  3. Why was miller not used at all
    By dolphinron in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM
  4. Von Miller
    By justdev7 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
  5. Jim Miller a Buc
    By dolphan39 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •