Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: miller really?

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-Phan 66 View Post
    The college ranks are littered with "potential". In what world does a 4th round fast guy with injury history have more "potential" than a workhorse back that won the Doak Walker, was a top 3 Heisman finalist, Top 3 1st rounder who some are calling the best RB to come out since Adrian Petersen? Trent was way better than Lamar in high school and in college so I'm sure that in the NFL, Lamar is all of a sudden going to become something that he's never been. Get over yourself Electo. Your the guy with the bold statement that Miller can "potentially" be better than T-Rich, but when laughed at you become the internet tough guy telling me to shut the F up? LMAO at you bro
    no i told you to shut the F up because you claimed I said he WILL be better. i never said that. i was talking about potential

if you are going to laugh at someone, make sure you get their argument right.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Preface my post with saying I am not a Cane fan.. I'm a gator fan through and through. Lamar Miller was arguably the best back in the country before he got hurt this year. The few times I watched him he was having 200+ yard games. He was never in on goal line plays or short yardage due to shoulder issues.

He's EXPLOSIVE every time he touches the ball. Unlike Reggie I think he can handle 20 carries a game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Arian Foster = both UFAs. Don't forget Priest Holmes, among a number of others.

It's likely, but not assured that Richardson will be a stud along the lines of Peterson and Chris Johnson, but hell, there's plenty of comparable value throughout the draft - and after it ends. So there's really no reason not to think Miller can be the kind of home run hitter the rest of the league would envy. Opinions make the world go round, but it's hard for me to conceive that anyone would have a problem with burning a few low-potential late picks to opportunistically move up to grab a 1st round talent in the 4th. IMO this makes Ireland's maneuver all the more awesome when you consider the high injury rate and short shelf-life associated with most RBs.
    Last edited by Vaark; 04-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatormike View Post
    Preface my post with saying I am not a Cane fan.. I'm a gator fan through and through. Lamar Miller was arguably the best back in the country before he got hurt this year. The few times I watched him he was having 200+ yard games. He was never in on goal line plays or short yardage due to shoulder issues.

He's EXPLOSIVE every time he touches the ball. Unlike Reggie I think he can handle 20 carries a game.
    200+ yard games...You must have been drinking
    he never ran for 200 yard in any game last season
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as i said in the draft forum lamar miller was off some teams boards for medical...knees and shoulder concerns...i'm sure that played into him on the board in round 4...if he suits up great he's a nice talent but there's medical here that spooked a bunch of teams
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    JCane had the same injury concerns and he's very familiar with the program. Just hope they had the docters there at his pro day.
    If he's healthy this is a very good pick. That is a big if I'm afraid.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only reason this guy didn't go higher was due to medical concerns. Ireland saw the same thing in Miller the rest of us do. An explosive back that can be very dangerous in the right system. Jeff was aware of his medical issues. If Millz gets healthy and becomes a key part of our offense watch the wagons start rolling in. People stop bashing Ireland for every pick he makes. He doing alot better than other GM's. Go Phins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guys been injured his whole career at Miami and could argue wasn't even the best rb on the team. Would have MUCH rather have gotten Baker, or Rainey. He'll be out of the league in a couple years if he doesn't get cut before then
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    200+ yard games...You must have been drinking
    he never ran for 200 yard in any game last season
    No, but hanging 185 on tOSU* and 160 on VT (two of the better run defenses out there) isn't shabby. The point is that Miller is electric. I'm very happy the Dolphins picked him up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    West Coast Offense: Good thing those 49er teams didn't 'need' a great WR1. Good thing Bill Walsh didn't have to trade up to get one that turned into the best that ever played the position.
    Quote Quote