Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what my draft would have looked like, all these players were there!

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft This is what my draft would have looked like, all these players were there!

This has been a decent draft so far, but I disagree with some of these moves and we had players sitting right in front of us and passed!

1. Ryan Tannehill
    2. DE/OLB-Vinny Curry
    3. WR-Ruben Randle
    RT-Bobbie Massie
    4. TE-Michael Egnew

Instead we took Martin who is good but is not a natural RT and only did 20 bench-presses at the combine, vernon is not an elite pass rusher, and we still dont have a WR, and we did not need to move up for Miller when we have 4 RB's, bush, thomas, slaton, and messam, I'm just a little confused and dissapointed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparanos13 View Post
    This has been a decent draft so far, but I disagree with some of these moves and we had players sitting right in front of us and passed!

1. Ryan Tannehill
    2. DE/OLB-Vinny Curry
    3. WR-Ruben Randle
    RT-Bobbie Massie
    4. TE-Michael Egnew

Instead we took Martin who is good but is not a natural RT and only did 20 bench-presses at the combine, vernon is not an elite pass rusher, and we still dont have a WR, and we did not need to move up for Miller when we have 4 RB's, bush, thomas, slaton, and messam, I'm just a little confused and dissapointed.

Ruben Randle wasn't there in the 3rd, and there is absolutely no guarantee Egnew would have been around in the 4th.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the way the draft is shaking out better. It would've been nice to add a guy like Streeter in the fifth round but we'll see what happens. Whether they draft a wide receiver in the next two rounds or not, the best wide out on the roster is going to be Reggie Bush. I expect to see him split out wide a lot this year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    funny how everyone passed on most of these guys...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Randle was gone when Miami picked and since when did RB become a position we're set at? Bush had a good, not great season last year and ended the season injured. Bush stayed healthy most of the season but he always has and will be an injury concern. Daniel Thomas was injured a good portion of last seasonso we have no idea what we have in him. Steve Slaton? Really? Remind me again what he's done since his rookie season 4 years ago? Jerome Messam? A 27 year old from the CFL who may help us in short yardage or may end up like most CFL imports and fail (wake is the exception, not the rule)

Miller was great value in round 4. After the first 2, maybe 3 rounds you draft BPA for guys thst fit your system. You don't draft for need. That sets you up failure
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry. Double post. Phone has a mind of its own
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Big Play Clay

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    There was a reason why Bobby Massie fell as far as he did. NFL teams didn't think he was athletic enough and too stiff to be a good tackle in the league, or at least one worthy of a high round pick. Considering the Philbin philosophy of athletic, lighter linemen do you honestly think we were ever going to take him? No, Martin fits into our scheme much better. I'm happy with the draft the way our GM orchestrated it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Randle was gone when Miami picked and since when did RB become a position we're set at? Bush had a good, not great season last year and ended the season injured. Bush stayed healthy most of the season but he always has and will be an injury concern. Daniel Thomas was injured a good portion of last seasonso we have no idea what we have in him. Steve Slaton? Really? Remind me again what he's done since his rookie season 4 years ago? Jerome Messam? A 27 year old from the CFL who may help us in short yardage or may end up like most CFL imports and fail (wake is the exception, not the rule)

Miller was great value in round 4. After the first 2, maybe 3 rounds you draft BPA for guys thst fit your system. You don't draft for need. That sets you up failure
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously our coaches knew all those players were available too, but they thought the players they actually chose are a better fit for our team and the schemes we are implementing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm good with the choices as is. I agree that RB was a slight luxury, but given the nature of the position and our shirt term QB situation, we better make sure that the rb spot can push the O in tough moments.
    Quote Quote