Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MERGED: Tannehill introduction vid

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really can not believe how many people are doubting if he will succeed. I love the kid. All the way from his talent to his attitude and intelligence. I really believe the Dolphins finally have found a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched five games of Tannehill and I came away thinking this guy is a Jake Plummer clone. The offense throws tons of short passes mostly outs and short come-back routes. Tanehill throws very poor deep balls most of them hang in the air too long and are not accurate. I'm no expert but,from what I have seen he needs to get faster not 40 faster but just faster setting up and getting rid of the ball faster, he needs to work on his deep ball accuracy and timing and getting the ball there faster, rather than floating it out there. Like I said, I am no expert but I do not see a future Top shelf QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MIAMIDOLPHINS.COM has a shorten version on their site. I am sure there is probably one on youtube also.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmikel30 View Post
    The offense throws tons of short passes mostly outs and short come-back routes. Tanehill throws very poor deep balls most of them hang in the air too long and are not accurate. I'm no expert but,from what I have seen he needs to get faster not 40 faster but just faster setting up and getting rid of the ball faster, he needs to work on his deep ball accuracy and timing and getting the ball there faster, rather than floating it out there. Like I said, I am no expert but I do not see a future Top shelf QB.
    This is how i feel as well.I really really hope i am wrong about the kid, but i don't see top shelf talent.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we finally drafted the right kid. I can't wait to see him on the field. Some doubt that he will be ready to start this year but I think he might surprise us all.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmikel30 View Post
    I watched five games of Tannehill and I came away thinking this guy is a Jake Plummer clone. The offense throws tons of short passes mostly outs and short come-back routes. Tanehill throws very poor deep balls most of them hang in the air too long and are not accurate. I'm no expert but,from what I have seen he needs to get faster not 40 faster but just faster setting up and getting rid of the ball faster, he needs to work on his deep ball accuracy and timing and getting the ball there faster, rather than floating it out there. Like I said, I am no expert but I do not see a future Top shelf QB.
    I'm laughing that you are comparing him to Jake Plummer. First of all Tannehill is 6 ft 4" and 224lbs. He can really spin the ball with great accuracy. He is the best QB in the draft, including Andrew Luck, throwing on the move. Very Aaron Rodgers like. I see Tannehill stand in the pocket scanning the field while ignoring the rush with great escape abilities when he needs them. He is nothing like Jake Plummer. Plummer was a small guy compared to Tannehill. Plummer rarely threw a tight spiral. He had a weak inaccurate arm who felt the rush even when there really wasn't any. The one thing that Tannehill needs to work on, that you are right about, is he has to get better throwing the deep ball. I think it can be fixed easily with work and coaching. He kind of reminds me of Marino the way he throws it deep. It comes out on more of a flat line. He needs to put a little air under it. Marino was inconsistent throwing the deep ball, but was effective enough.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im so stoked. This kid is so smart. If you rely on college ball too much to judge, then your not seeing the vision of him transposed into the NFL. He will have a full deck to work with. And I know he will have to go up against better, faster talent but he is a quick learner. The crap he was rattling off on Gruden's camp was rediculous.
    Im stoked. No pressure but he will start much earlier than we think if the other two are not getting the offense as well. Philbin will need his QB on same page with recievers at all times. This kid will get it right from the get go.
    Quote Quote