Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network gives us a "C" Grade

1. -11
    Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gardena19 View Post
    Exactly....Lombardi's grade not the network.....OP can't read the tv screen...
    Triple chin Lombardi
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i have no idea why you guys care so much what the media thinks...i could care less...that said i'm numb to every pick other than the qb one...if it pans out and he's a legit qb this grade will be an a regardless of everyone else...

frankly though i liked the way we started with taking the qb when we needed to but after that i was underwhelmed...
    I agree. The picks were real yawners for the most part. I was expecting more top profile play makers early in the draft.
    Llamar Miller is the only skill player I am excited about. Egnew, Cunningham, and Matthews...just players, no stars.
    Kaddo, might be one of tjose gems that Ireland digs up each year. I hope so.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    i have no idea why you guys care so much what the media thinks...i could care less...that said i'm numb to every pick other than the qb one...if it pans out and he's a legit qb this grade will be an a regardless of everyone else...

frankly though i liked the way we started with taking the qb when we needed to but after that i was underwhelmed...
    Right there with you. I like the Martin pick too but Vernon I think could have been had in the 4th, I was really disappointed we didn't get Chris Givens or Marvin Jones...how do you not get a better WR to help your new QB out?, I don't like the Egnew pick much...makes sense because Fasano is in the last year of his contract but if Clay doesn't turn into a solid blocker then we have no TE that can block between Egnew, Clay, Mastrud and Les Brown (if he makes the team...more likely practice squad). Didn't like the Lamar Miller pick, nice speed and he has value as a return man but I have major concerns over his shoulders, the fact that he can't move a pile or make a hole...guess that's why he's a 4th rounder. Don't know much about Kaddu but Slimm likes him so I'll take his word for it and BJ Cunningham is intriguing and so is Rishard Matthews. Don't know anything about Kheeston Randle though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I agree. The picks were real yawners for the most part. I was expecting more top profile play makers early in the draft.
    Llamar Miller is the only skill player I am excited about. Egnew, Cunningham, and Matthews...just players, no stars.
    Kaddo, might be one of tjose gems that Ireland digs up each year. I hope so.
    kaddus athletic and he can run but he's raw instincts wise we'll see...cunningham lacks long speed but runs nice routes and can get corners to open their hips and catch the ball underneath...but there's no burst there...egnew i have never seen separate slimm loves him but i just don't see it matthews is raw but talented and has long speed...needs to run better routes...miller has medical red flags for knees and shoulders thus he dropped...we may get something we may get a guy in the trainers room every day...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the Miller pick. I think he lets us flex Bush out on 3rd down and still gives us a homerun threat out of the backfield. We can create a lot of mismatches with those two..if they are utilized correctly. And thats of course if Miller can stay on the field...but given Thomas and Bush will get the bulk of the carries I think he has a good chance to do so.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norcal San Jose
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't know about randall or kaddu. Martin plays off balance and lacks punch. Egnew can't block. Miller is great in the open field and on stretch and sweep plays, but won't be asked to go north and south between tackles which will be daniel thomas' role. I love Cunningham and Matthews.
    JETS draft Robert Griffin 6 rounds later
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    kaddus athletic and he can run but he's raw instincts wise we'll see...cunningham lacks long speed but runs nice routes and can get corners to open their hips and catch the ball underneath...but there's no burst there...egnew i have never seen separate slimm loves him but i just don't see it matthews is raw but talented and has long speed...needs to run better routes...miller has medical red flags for knees and shoulders thus he dropped...we may get something we may get a guy in the trainers room every day...

Miller runs with a physical style. That is what get's him injured. I like that toughness. Philbin and company need to use him on third down or splitting carries with Bush / Slayton. He needs to be smarter about running out of bounds and avoiding the big hits.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the other thing is we now have a log jam at rb...bush messam thomas and now miller...maybe this means that they'll get smart and take some of that load off of bush cause if they don't he'll be on ir...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharkfanredux View Post
    Didn't know about randall or kaddu. Martin plays off balance and lacks punch. Egnew can't block. Miller is great in the open field and on stretch and sweep plays, but won't be asked to go north and south between tackles which will be daniel thomas' role. I love Cunningham and Matthews.
    We are changing to a more finesse style of blocking and pass protect. I think Martin will be fine. I think he has the athletic ability to pass protect. That is his strong suit.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norcal San Jose
    Thanks / No Thanks
    plethora of horses: bush, thomas, messam, slaton, miller. Some backs are more prone to injury than some. I loved david martin and he's way more physical than miller yet martin isn't hurt.
    Quote Quote