Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams

1. -11
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    San Diego Chargers

#18 Overall -- Melvin Ingram / DE-OLB / South Carolina

Chargers select my #4 defensive end and #1 3-4 'rush' linebacker here with the 18th pick. I've long felt like Melvin Ingram was one of the top 10 pure talents in this draft, and one of the 5 best athletes regardless of position. Has the movement and open field running skills that can rival many of the RB's in this draft. Probably the most versatile defensive player I scouted in all of college football. He's so good that Spurrier had him on the "Hands Team" to recover onside kicks on special teams.. and in fact went up and recovered a huge one to secure the victory over Georgia. All in all, I think the Chargers got a terrific player here and also a quality kid. He'll probably push former 1st round bust Larry English out of a roster spot. Grade: A

#49 Overall -- Kendall Reyes / DT / UCONN

Reyes was my #7 defensive tackle and had an early 2nd round grade on him, and he came off the board in that range. I actually thought he'd be in play for the Colts at the top of the 2nd round when they chose Coby Fleener. This is a pretty good pick for the Chargers who got him about 15 picks later. Grade: A-

#73 Overall -- Brandon Taylor / S / LSU

They get the #3 safety on my board here who I had graded as an early 3rd round pick which is where he came off the board. I actually like Taylor better than Harrison Smith, who went in the latter part of the 1st round. Terrific player. Does everything above-average and knows how to bring the wood when he hits you, but also a reliable wrap up tackler. Chargers are off to a smokin' start. Grade: A

#110 Overall -- Ladarius Green / TE / UL-Lafayette

The #5 tight end on my board who I had given a mid-4th round grade. The Bolts get good value here for this developmental prospect with some upside as a mismatch against smaller CB's and slower LB's. Won't block you and needs some coaching and added strength....weight. Has time to develope in these areas and learn the trade behind Antonio Gates. Grade: C+

#149 Overall -- Johnnie Troutman / OG / Penn St.

Was never impressed by Troutman and left him off my draft board. Reach. Grade: D

#226 Overall -- David Molk / C / Michigan

Chargers get the #5 center on my board who I had given a 5th round grade late in the process here and get great value. Lack of ideal size pushes him down in the draft, but one of the most scrappy and competitive interior lineman in the draft. Accomplished player and All-Conference selection. Get good value here and a potential starter down the road on the pivot. Grade: B

#250 Overall -- Edwin Baker / RB / Michigan St.

#8 change-of-pace back on my board that I had given a 6th round grade. Came out early and was going to see his carries continue to dwindle like they did this year due to sophomore Le'Veon Bell next year anyway. Average prospect. Worth a late round flyer here for Chargers who got him a little later than I thought he'd come off. Grade: C-
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 04-29-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    broncos drafted no weapons for manning? wow.... that team is not going to do anything. Manning always had weapons in indi.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just wanted to thank you for doing all this. I value your opinion more than most "experts".

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Just curious.... Are you saving Miami for last???
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arizona Cardinals

#13 Overall -- Michael Floyd / WR / Notre Dame

The consensus #2 wide receiver in the draft, and #1 wide receiver in the draft on some draft boards. Issues with alcohol related problems pushed him out of the top 10. Some questions about his speed, but I don't. There's a lot of receivers in this draft who "run better" than Floyd, but they can't do what he can do when the football is in the air. Annihilates the jam at the LOS and will get the 3-step passing game going in Arizona. He'll learn the trade from one of the best professionals in the business with Fitzgerald. Grade: A-

#80 Overall -- Jamell Fleming / CB / Oklahoma

I had a 3rd round grade on Fleming and my #12 rated cornerback. A difference maker in Oklahoma's secondary. Shut down a lot of good college receivers. If I were asked to choose 5 cornerbacks from this draft who I believe will go on to have the best NFL careers, Fleming would have to be one of them. Cardinals get a starter here in my opinion. Grade: A

#112 Overall -- Bobby Massie / OT / Ole Miss

Massie was my #9 rated offensive tacxkle and had an early to mid 3rd round grade on him. Good job by the Cardinals to get him almost an entire round later. Has starter qualities at RT in the right scheme. He played guard at Ole Miss for a while when John Jerry was playing right tackle back in 2009..... when Ole Miss switched 'em up and put Jerry at guard and Massie at tackle, the offensive line took off. The first game under this experiment was when Dexter McCluster rushed for almost 300 yards against Tennessee. Massie continued to man the RT spot for the Rebs, although I never understood why he wasn't playing LT instead of Bradley Sowell... Massie was clearly the better player. Grade: B+

#151 Overall -- Senio Kelemete / OT / Washington

Kelemete is a terrific athlete for his size and has nice quickness. Although he played LT for Washington, I project him to kick inside in the NFL. My #16 rated guard prospect who I had a late round grade on. The Cardinals reach for him early here. Grade: C-

#177 Overall -- Justin Bethel / CB-S / Presbyterian

This is a kid with versatility in the secondary to play cornerback and safety. My #16 rated safety and had a late round grade on him. Bethel performed very well in DB drills at the combine and showed good backpedal and transition ability. Worth a shot here for this small school stud. Grade: C+

#185 Overall - Ryan Lindley / QB / San Diego St.

Lindley could be the steal of the draft at the quarterback position if he irons out his footwork and accuracy issues. My #6 rated quarterback who I had a 3rd round grade on. One of the strongest arms in the draft. There isn't a throw that Lindley can't make. Sometimes he looks like a top 15 pick, other times he looks like a UDFA. It's the inconsistency that pushed Lindley down this far despite having one of the best physical skillsets and bodies of work in this class of QB's. One of the lowest risk/highest reward picks in this draft. The Cardinals get a potential steal at the quarterback position here. Grade: B+

#221 Overall - Nate Potter / OT / Boise St.

Never impressed with Potter and left him off my draft board. Hard to find fault in the pick this late though. Grade: C-
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    broncos drafted no weapons for manning? wow.... that team is not going to do anything. Manning always had weapons in indi.
    Peyton Manning creates weapons. Drafting Allen helps a ton and Wylie is a good pickup if he stays healthy. If Thomas is going to step up as a WR, Manning can make him do it, and Decker had to be the happiest with Manning coming in. If Manning makes a healthy return, which I believe he will, Decker will have a hell of a year. Not to mention they brought in one of his old targets in Tamme.

If Manning is back, that team wins the division (mostly because Norv Turner sucks).

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jmo543 View Post
    Just wanted to thank you for doing all this. I value your opinion more than most "experts".

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Just curious.... Are you saving Miami for last???
    Looks like he's just starting in the west and working his way east. Probably more to keep it orderly than anything.

Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    St. Louis Rams

#14 Overall -- Michael Brockers / DT / LSU

Rams select my #4 defensive tackle, and #2 rated lineman who could also draw some looks as a potential 5-tech for teams that employ a 30 front. I had a late 1st round grade on Brockers because I do think there's an element of risk involved. However, there's also tremendous upside. This is a player who's only scratched the surface of what he can become in terms of a dominant player up front. At times Brockers completely dominated the POA in the rugged trenches of the SEC, and his domination doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Consistently engaged double teams and won his share. Can 2-gap in any scheme. His best football is clearly ahead of him. Grade: B

#33 Overall -- Brian Quick / WR / Appalachian St.

I had a late 3rd round grade on Quick, who was my #9 rated WR in the category of potential 1a-#2 WR's at the next level. He has everything he needs to eventually live up to this draft slot for the Rams, although they reached for him here by about 50 slots. Grade: C+

#39 Overall -- Janoris Jenkins / CB / North Alabama

The #2 CB on my board who I felt was worth the risk at the top of the 2nd round if he was available. Make no mistake, he's a top 15 talent who's repeated marijuana issues killed his stock. Jenkins is a shutdown cornerback in the truest sense of the word and top flight return man. Great selection for the Rams if he stays clean. His talent is just too much to pass up here. Grade: A-

#50 Overall -- Isaiah Pead / RB / Cincinnati

My #3 scat/change-of-pace back who I had given a 3rd round grade in the 65-80 range overall. Outstanding cutting ability and shiftiness. Should be productive in a committee approach. Doesn't need as much work in pass protection as most rookies. I think the Rams reached for him here by about 15 picks, but they got a nice back. Grade: B-

#65 Overall -- Trumaine Johnson / CB-S / Montana

Versatile defender who could project to corner or safety, although I project him to safety. Terrific size and speed combo, although doesn't always break down correctly to make tackles in the open field. Has held his own when matched up against superior competition on occasion. I had an early 5th round grade on him and feel like the Rams reached significantly for him here. I believe he would have been available later, but it's clear the Rams have identified the better small school prospects and feel comfortable reaching a little to secure the players on their draft board. Grade: C-

#96 Overall -- Chris Givens / WR / Wake Forest

The #5 rated slot receiver on my board that I had given a 3rd round grade comes off the board here to the Rams. They need an infusion of talent in the passing game and get a nice player and terrific value here with Givens. Grade: B+

#150 Overall -- Rokevious Watkins / OT-G / South Carolina

Played offensive tackle and guard for the Game****s and bring some versatility, although I project him inside. #18 rated guard on my board who I had given a late round grade in the 180-200 range overall. Little bit of a reach here for this versatile lineman. Grade: C

#171 Overall -- Greg Zuerlein / K / Missouri Western

I don't scout kickers.

#209 Overall -- Aaron Brown / LB / Hawaii

Didn't scout this player and will defer to the Rams on this selection.

#252 Overall -- Daryl Richardson / RB / Abilene Christian

See above.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

#171 Overall -- Greg Zuerlein / K / Missouri Western

I don't scout kickers.
    Can't wait for your Jags review
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    San Francisco 49ers

#30 Overall -- A.J. Jenkins / WR / Illinois

Ran extremely well in the 40 yard dash, and his linear speed is evident on tape. However, I don't like this pick. Jenkins was the #11 rated wide receiver on my board and I had given him a late 3rd / early 4th round grade. Doesn't understand how to run routes yet.. this is a developmental receiver in my opinion. He doesn't come off the line running his routes full speed, which is the very first thing a good route runner learns is the foundation for quality route running and setting up DB's. Tremendous reach here at the end of the 1st round. Grade: D-

#61 Overall -- LaMichael James / RB / Oregon

49ers take the #1 scatback on my board here with James, who I had given an early 2nd round grade. A top 50 pick on my board who they get 11 picks later and presents excellent value. This is an extremely tough runner for his size that's capable of breaking arm tackles. He runs tough. Highly productive in Chip Kelly's offense. Showed how much he loved football coming back from a horrific elbow injury against Cal that looked like it might even be career threatening. He only missed 2 games. Outstanding special teams ability as a returner. Grade: A-

#117 Overall -- Joe Looney / OG / Wake Forest

The #7 guard on my board who I had given a 3rd round grade. Looney is a kid who I've referred to since last July as one of the most underrate interior offensive lineman that I had scouted in college football. Great value here getting him in the 4th round. Grade: B+

#165 Overall -- Darius Fleming / DE-OLB / Notre Dame

My #13 4-3/3-4 OLB prospect who I had given a 5th round grade. Played with his hand in the dirt for the Irish although he's a limited pass rusher and too small to play the position in the NFL. It'll be hard for him to find a position in the NFL as a full time starter, but could contribute in specific packages. Grade: C-

#180 Overall -- Trenton Robinson / S / Michigan St.

Robinson barely made my draft board, but managed it due to the lack of quality depth in this safety class. My #20 rated safety who I had given a barely draftable grade. Grade: D

#199 Overall -- Jason Slowey / C / Western Oregon

I didn't scout this player and will defer to the 49ers with this selection.

#237 Overall -- Cam Johnson / DE-OLB / Virginia

I don't understand how Johnson fell this far. This could be one of the major steals of the 7th round. I had him as my #10 4-3 defensive end, and #3 'rush' linebacker in a 3-4. This is not the 237th best player in the draft... that I guarantee. Grade: A
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Niners didn't have the worst draft of the bunch (and a lot of teams drafted pretty well) it was one of the worst, from my perspective.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Peyton Manning creates weapons. Drafting Allen helps a ton and Wylie is a good pickup if he stays healthy. If Thomas is going to step up as a WR, Manning can make him do it, and Decker had to be the happiest with Manning coming in. If Manning makes a healthy return, which I believe he will, Decker will have a hell of a year. Not to mention they brought in one of his old targets in Tamme.

If Manning is back, that team wins the division (mostly because Norv Turner sucks).

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Looks like he's just starting in the west and working his way east. Probably more to keep it orderly than anything.
    ur about to find out what bs that is. He needs weapons to win, indy had clark/harrison/wayne/garcon, all elite talent. Broncos are gambling by not surroring mannings with toys, its a bad gamble.
    Quote Quote