Seattle Seahawks

#15 Overall -- Bruce Irvin / OLB / West Virginia

I had Irvin as the #3 4-3 outside linebacker on my board and #1 3-4 outside linebacker, and had a top 40 grade on him. I was surprised to see him go with the 15th overall pick, but not as surprised as most. I've said several times that there's typically only one elite pass rusher in any draft with this type of athletic ability, speed, and COD skills that Irvin brings, and teams tend to take notice. This is one of the 5 best athletes in the draft regardless of position. Won't contribute much on 1st and 2nd down as a run defender in the stack-and-shed mold, but should contribute immediately as a situational pass rusher. Elite first step, quickness, speed, athletic abilty, and change of direction skills. Questionable football IQ, and has some background issues that teams had to sift through. Aldon Smith justified his draft selection as a situational pass rusher as a rookie for the 49ers last year, and I think Irvin could have that type of impact for the Seahawks. I like this pick more than most. Grade: B-

#47 Overall -- Bobby Wagner / LB / Utah St.

I left Wagner off my draft board because I don't like his instincts or lack of ability close to the line of scrimmage. A pure chase linebacker who racks up tackles that are for the most part, meaningless. Not a fan of this pick. Grade: D

#75 Overall -- Russell Wilson / QB / Wisconsin

#11 quarterback on my board and 5th round grade. His success depends largely on the system he's placed in, but there's no question he has a little more to offer than several of the QB's in this class who have prototypical height. Elite intangibles. Great character. Mature kid. Seattle reached for him a little early here. Grade: C+

#106 Overall -- Robert Turbin / RB / Utah St.

#3 feature back on my board who I had a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade on. One of the strongest players in college football. Matched Doug Martin's 28 reps for the most by a RB at this year's combine. Incredibly productive runner with rare size/speed ratio. Runs with good pad level, gets yards after contact, and can run away from you if he gets in the open field. Seahawks get a steal here in the 4th round. Grade: A-

#114 Overall -- Jaye Howard / DT / Florida

Howard was the #20 defensive tackle, and #8 3-4 defensive end on my board should he draw interest from teams that use a 30 front. I had a 6th round grade on him and didn't think he warranted going quite this high. Little bit of a reach here. Grade: C-

#154 Overall -- Korey Toomer / ILB / Idaho

I didn't scout this player and will defer to the Seahawks on this selection.

#172 Overall -- Jeremy Lane / CB / Northwestern St.

See above.

#181 Overall -- Winston Guy / S / Kentucky

#11 safety on my board who I had given a late 4th round grade. Seahawks get tremendous value here for a rugged SEC defender with eventual starter qualities. Guy was always an underrated defender on one of the least talented teams in the SEC. Reminds me of Yeremiah Bell. Grade: B-

#225 Overall -- J.R. Sweezy / DT-DE / N. C. State

#12 defensive tackle on my board and #4 defensive end in a 3-4 front. Productive at N.C. State and tested well athletically at the combine. His tape matches his specs and workout numbers. Solid pick here this late. I had him higher than Jaye Howard who they took about 110 picks earlier. Grade: B-

#232 Overall -- Greg Scruggs / DE / Louisville

See Lane and Toomer above.