Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams

1. -81
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #183 Overall -- B.J. Cunningham / WR / Michigan St.

why I like this pick: I had a 5th round grade on him for one. Several times mentioned him as one of the more underrated receivers in the Senior class since last summer. Michigan St.'s all time leader in career receptions and receiving yardage despite not always having the most consistent quarterback play. A program that's had Plaxico Burress, Mark Ingram, Derrick Mason, Charles Rogers, Muhsin Muhammad, and Andre Rison all come through there. He has a great work ethic and takes pride in it. Showed he belonged down at the East-West Shrine Game.

why I don't like this pick: Not much. Miami didn't reach for him and got a receiver capable of contributing in this offense.

Overall: Miami's already lackluster receivers better not sleep on this kid. He's capable of snatching their job away from them. I think he probably makes the final 53. Grade: B-
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 05-02-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This deserves main forum sticky, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #215 Overall -- Kheeston Randall / DT / Texas

why I like this pick: Miami got tremendous value here with Randall. Athletically he tested and measured either superior or right there with all the DT's at the combine who went in the first 3 rounds like Kendall Reyes and Derek Wolfe. I had him as my #8 defensive tackle and #3 5-technique. A 2nd round grade. Looked like a top 50 pick as a Junior.

why I don't like this pick: Randall doesn't produce up to his ability for some reason, but it's not lack of effort from what I can tell. Tailed off as a Senior despite playing with 2 incredibly talented defensive ends.

Overall: I don't buy that this kid is the 215th best player in the draft. He obviously slid for some reason. If he plays like he did as a Junior, he'll make the team and contribute. I can't find any way around giving a solid grade to this pick at this point in the draft. Grade: B-
    Quote Quote  

4. -84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #227 Overall -- Rishard Matthews / WR / Nevada

why I like this pick: I had him as the #10 wide receiver on my board and a 3rd round grade. I first discovered Rishard Matthews last season when I found Virgil Green. We talked about Matthews several times last year as a kid to look forward to in the 2012 draft when it was being asserted that Colin Kaepernick didn't have anyone to throw to. He's still developing as a route runner but has a nice frame and sneaky speed and explosion. Production actually increased by a lot after Kaepernick turned pro.

why I don't like this pick: None.

Overall: I think Matthews has an even better shot to make the roster because of punt return ability on special teams combined with his developing receiving skills. These two receivers may never be elite, but there's absolutely nothing to prevent them from making the roster and actually upgrading the depth of the unit. Quality player here in my opinion. I'll go down with him. Grade: B
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Teddy. when was the last year that you gave the Fins draft this (obviously) high a grade?

DWade "Loyalty Over Royalty"
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    so b+?

it's good to know for this draft at least my personal thoughts matched up with someone who really puts some thought and analysis into this. Thanks for the work you put into this, and damned if I didn't fall for the initial grades you had on the dolphins lol.
    Last edited by Wildbill3; 05-03-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kind of a follow-up to Wildbill's question. I know you had some real issues with the 2011 Draft (D. Thomas among others), but if I remember right, you agreed with the Pouncey pick, and there were some other players you liked pretty well. Two drafts in, do you think Ireland is showing that he's significantly better off without Parcells?
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thanks for the insight and hard work!
    Last edited by rrrrphin; 05-03-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Phins fanatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just want to add my thanks for the thread and hard work.

Your view was pretty similar to mine in that it's hard to find fault with many of the picks, and the faults that are found are generally liking another player a tiny bit more.

That's a good draft, and one I'll happily take. I keep reading Miami didn't address WR enough, but I think getting to the two WR's they did was a coup and they both perfectly fit the new offense.

Kudo's to Miami, and kudos to you Slimm.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the hard work! Overall how do you grade Miami's draft against the other teams?
    Quote Quote