Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams

1. -101
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't understand how Mr. Slimm gets passed over for best poster every single year.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Samuda seems to be repaying CK's faith in him by moving up to 2nd team and thanks to Slimm for fascinating evaluations !!
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    go Tannehill!
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Sorry to bump a really old thread but I was really impressed with what TedSlimmJr had to say about the draft picks for the dolphins, if you see this Ted I was wondering about your current thoughts regarding these two picks:

#78 Overall -- Michael Egnew / TE / Missouri

why I like this pick: He was the #3 tight end in the draft on my board and I figured the 3rd round was where he'd come off. Egnew is precisely the type of flex TE that I've talked about Miami was always missing and typically avoided in the draft. He plays essentially like a WR split out operating in space. He creates a matchup problem with cornerbacks and linebackers in man coverage. Coaches can split him out in the "X" receiver position and run some X-iso where he's isolated on a smaller cornerback along the sidelines, or motion him there and have a linebacker follow him. A player like this makes your personnel packages capable of dictating to the defense. Egnew's height and linear speed is what you must have in a seam threat that forces safeties to play you honest. Athletically he tested at or near the top in virtually every event at the combine for TE's. Production is top notch.

why I don't like this pick: Only plays at one speed and isn't explosive changing directions. A stalk blocker who needs refinement in the aspect of blocking.

Overall: Nice pick and solid value here. Coaches will coach him up in the blocking department. You can't coach a kid to be 6'5", 250 pounds with 4.6 speed and soft hands. Grade: B+

#183 Overall -- B.J. Cunningham / WR / Michigan St.

why I like this pick: I had a 5th round grade on him for one. Several times mentioned him as one of the more underrated receivers in the Senior class since last summer. Michigan St.'s all time leader in career receptions and receiving yardage despite not always having the most consistent quarterback play. A program that's had Plaxico Burress, Mark Ingram, Derrick Mason, Charles Rogers, Muhsin Muhammad, and Andre Rison all come through there. He has a great work ethic and takes pride in it. Showed he belonged down at the East-West Shrine Game.

why I don't like this pick: Not much. Miami didn't reach for him and got a receiver capable of contributing in this offense.

Overall: Miami's already lackluster receivers better not sleep on this kid. He's capable of snatching their job away from them. I think he probably makes the final 53. Grade: B-

Considering the "strength" of the WR group do you think it was a mistake not to give Cunningham a place on the Roster? Also are you surprised that Egnew seems to have had a (to be kind) "slow start" and do you still think he could be a good player for us this season?
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post

Considering the "strength" of the WR group do you think it was a mistake not to give Cunningham a place on the Roster? Also are you surprised that Egnew seems to have had a (to be kind) "slow start" and do you still think he could be a good player for us this season?[/B][/B]

No I'm not surprised that Egnew seems to have had a slow start. I think he should be fine if soaks up his coaching and works his tail off. There is nothing athletically that's going to prevent him from fulfilling his potential.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say not 'giving' Cunningham a spot on the roster was a mistake, but if it were me I would probably have made an attempt to keep him over the status quo. He had the opportunity in front of him to earn his spot on the roster competing with the least talented group in the league and didn't do it. He couldn't catch the ball consistently in practice....which is at the top of his job description.

I knew Rishard Matthews had a better shot at sticking because he was a better player, better prospect, and I had a higher grade on him.

While we're on the subject, it's also interesting to note that while everyone was raising hell about the Kaddu pick and passing up on Tank Carder, although I agreed with them. Tank Carder couldn't make the roster in Buffalo either and met the same fate as Kaddu. Cut...

The bottom line is, you have to take advantage of your opportunity when it's given to you. That's not to say that any rookie who's cut in their first training camp won't have an opportunity elsewhere and make the most of it. The league is full of outstanding players who were cut in training camps early in their careers, pro bowl players. Guys like James Harrison, Wes Welker, etc. and many more. You're not guaranteed another opportunity.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    refreshing to re read our draft analysis by slimm... only came back to this because VIP is so slow the past couple days.

at any rate, I'm still pretty happy with the way last years draft ended up, and if we can replicate that kind of success in the upcoming draft we will really have something to work with for the forseeable future.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    are we going to be treated to the 2013 edition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    intersting to read Slimm's thoughts on this draft from two years ago. Alot of hits and misses, but i am pretty sure that is normal. I hold Slimm's opinion in high regard. (expect for his grade on Jon Martin) lol.
    Quote Quote