Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams

1. -61
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

#43 Overall -- Stephen Hill / WR / Georgia Tech

I had a late 1st/early 2nd round grade on Hill and was rated the #4 wide receiver on my board. Explodes off the line of scrimmage and incredible workout numbers are visible on tape... although the production isn't quite there due to style of offense. Drops some easy passes and will learn how to run routes. Will go up and get the ball in 50/50 situations. Required to go into the middle of the field and root out linebackers in Paul Johnson's double-wing attack. Sky is the limit for this kid. Nice pick here. Grade: B+
    My favorite part of the Draft Chat we had going here during the second round was when Hill went from being a good WR prospect that several were pining for with our pick to absolute **** and a guaranteed bust the minute we passed and the jests picked him.

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Buffalo Bills

#10 Overall -- Stephon Gilmore / CB / South Carolina

This was a reach in my opinion, but I think he'll be a good player. #6 cornerback on my board and had an early 3rd round grade on Gilmore. Fast, athletic, and a terrific tackler. However, he just doesn't have the ball skills to warrant this high of a pick. Has starter potential and should be a solid player in the Bills secondary. I wouldn't have taken him this high. Grade: C+

#41 Overall -- Cordy Glenn / OT-G / Georgia

Glenn was the #2 tackle on my board and I had a 1st round grade on him. Took a game to get acclimated playing left tackle for the first time and struggled against Boise St. in the season opener, but probably had the best and most consistent film from that point forward of all the offensive tackles I looked at. Unbelievable athlete for his size. Incredibly strong upper body and adequate feet to play tackle. Looked more comfortable at left tackle to me once he adjusted than he did even at guard for Georgia. Struggles some to get out of his stance quick enough playing guard and loses leverage. I like him better at tackle where he can use those long arms and sweet feet to absorb pass rushers in vertical pass sets. Steal here for Buffalo. Grade: A

#69 Overall -- T.J. Graham / WR / N.C. State

The #9 slot receiver on my board and had a 5th round grade on Graham. Bills reached here for another kid who's been on my underrated list for a long time. Will struggle getting off press and needs to be in the slot where he has a two way go. Dangerous kick returner, but a reach here in the 3rd round. Grade: C+

#105 Overall -- Nigel Bradham / OLB / Florida St.

The #6 4-3 outside linebacker on my board and had a 3rd round grade on him. Vines for arms that will help him fight off blocks. Fast and athletic. Will deliver the big hit when give an opportunity. Not as good of a pick as when Buffalo drafted Sam Cowart out of FSU in the 2nd round of the 1998 draft, but could develope into a starter and didn't reach for him here. Grade: B-

#124 Overall -- Ron Brooks / CB / LSU

#26 cornerback on my board and had a 6th round grade on him mainly due to outstanding speed. One of the 2 or 3 fastest cornerbacks in this draft. Was overshadowed by Morris Claiborne, Tyran Mathieu, and Therald Simon in LSU's secondary, but Brooks made some big plays of his own (see Ole Miss game). Can blitz off the edge in nickel packages. Probably a nickel/dime package corner and special teams player for Bills. Grade: C+

#144 Overall -- Zebrie Sanders / OT / Florida St.

I had a late 4th round grade on Sanders and rated him the #12 tackle on my board. Was always a little overrated, but decent pick here. Just don't ask him to cut block. Grade: C+

#147 Overall -- Tank Carder / ILB / TCU

#6 inside linebacker on my board and had a late 4th round grade on Carder. Heart and soul of Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 defense and plays with his hair on fire. Shoots gaps and makes plays, although sideline to sideline range isn't elite. Pretty solid pick to get Tank here. Grade: B-

#178 Overall -- Mark Asper / OG / Oregon

Asper wasn't on my draft board. Grade: D

#251 Overall -- John Potter / K / Western Michigan

Nice kicker.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    My favorite part of the Draft Chat we had going here during the second round was when Hill went from being a good WR prospect that several were pining for with our pick to absolute **** and a guaranteed bust the minute we passed and the jests picked him.

They always do. It's a mystery how some of these organizations even field a team selecting the garbage that Miami passes on.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami Dolphins

#8 Overall -- Ryan Tannehill / QB / Texas A&M

Dolphins manage to stay put and have the best quarterback in the draft fall into the laps at #8. Ireland is a genius. Grade: A+

#42 Overall -- Jonathan Martin / OT / Stanford

Best left tackle in the draft somehow slips through the cracks for the Dolphins to land him at the top of the 2nd round. The black cloud is lifting. Grade: A+

#72 Overall -- Olivier Vernon / DE-OLB / Miami

Yeeeeay boyzz! Mo' playaz frum da "U" dats wut im talmbout. Grade: A+

#78 Overall -- Michael Egnew / TE / Missouri

Ireland land a sure fire Hall of Fame weapon in the passing game that will send Rex and Bill Belichick into early retirement in the 3rd round. Grade: A++

#97 Overall -- Lamar Miller / RB / Miami

OMGZZZ dis kid is so fast! All about da "U"!

#155 Overall -- Josh Kaddu / LB / Oregon

Ireland nabs the best linebacker off the West Coast just outside the top 150 picks. He's "killin it". Grade: A+

#183 Overall -- B.J. Cunningham / WR / Michigan St.

Ireland's genius again surfaces late in the draft by grabbing the next Muhsin Muhammad out of Michigan St. in the 6th round. Grade: A+

#215 Overall -- Kheeston Randall / DT / Texas

Ireland strikes black gold here in the late rounds by stealing a Richard Seymour clone. Grade: A+

#227 Overall -- Rishard Matthews / WR / Nevada

Dolphins get the next great receiver from Nevada here with their last pick, and wrap up the best draft in franchise history. Grade: A+

That's all 'til next year....
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hey, you forgot to put a grade on Lamar Miller!
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well Played... I'd love to read your real thoughts though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wtf?!?!
    Quote Quote  

8. -68

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Hey, you forgot to put a grade on Lamar Miller!

A+ Have you seen his highlights?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_fan View Post
    Well Played... I'd love to read your real thoughts though.

No you wouldn't.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    No you wouldn't.
    Not that I am special, but it was the only reason I followed the thread. Thanks for your efforts though.
    Quote Quote