Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 NFL Mock Draft (Walter Football)

1. -21
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan Allen looks pretty good now that I think about it....I think he'd thrive in a spread offense like ours

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I know it's early CK, but where would you put McDonald? Do you see him as a top 15 talent? Also, what do you think will be the teams biggest need going into the 2013 offseason?
    I would not put McDonald up there yet. That position is a slippery slope. You can look like a 1st rounder just because you show some interesting closing speed and by draft day a year later you're a 6th rounder. I think Amerson is a good bet, and if I had to pick a true safety that is a good bet, I'm more tempted to go with Vaccaro.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    T.J. McDonald is likely going to land flush in the overrated category of 2013 prospects when I get around to it.

He's gets a lot of hype due to his 5-star recruiting status, and being the son of Tim McDonald, who was a very good safety for the 49ers and Trojans. He has good pop when he hits, but he's incredibly stiff and not that fast. Takes some bad angles and gets fooled by play action. Doesn't have the range to play center field. He's at his best when his assignment is a back out of the backfield, or coming up to time his hit on a quick slant.

Pretty good special teams player for USC. More of a 3rd round player who gets some 1st round hype based on the factors I mentioned, and the lineage of prospects at the safety position for the Trojans. He's a little closer to being Taylor Mays, Darnell Bing, Josh Pinkard, Kevin Ellison, etc. than he is to Mark Carrier, Dennis Smith, Troy Polamalu, or Ronnie Lott.

There's quite a few safeties I like better than McDonald as top 95 picks.
    Quote Quote