Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great value at every pick, yet no credit!

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks

Great value at every pick, yet no credit!

Im getting a bit pissed that a lot of so called drafts guru's from NFL network are raving over the Pats draft, yet somehow downplaying our own. If you look at the NFL.com draft tracker http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracke...bs:dt-by-round - Ireland had value in every round, whereas the Pats overdrafted Tavon Wilson, Jake Bequette, Nate Ebner and Jeremy Ebbert?????

The Pats drafted 3 players graded over the 80 mark, while we had 4, including 3 over the 70 mark, with Pats not having any.

IMO we had a very, very solid draft.

Ryan Tannehill, was overdrafted..........if selected by any other team other than ourselves. He was a top 25 player, but when you consider he already knows the play book and as Gruden calls it 'verbage', he has to be higher on our board. When you put that together with the fact he plays QB, taking him at #8 IMO is excellent value.

Dont get me wrong it is very early to judge, but this is the most positive I have been after a draft for.......I cant remember!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm surprised we didn't trade back in the first and still end up with Tannehill later in the first (but who knows what they could get). I think that alone is why people are hammering us. It'll be a documentary on ESPN in 15 years if he wins us a Superbowl though lol.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    I'm surprised we didn't trade back in the first and still end up with Tannehill later in the first (but who knows what they could get). I think that alone is why people are hammering us. It'll be a documentary on ESPN in 15 years if he wins us a Superbowl though lol.
    I'm pretty sure we were working the phones for a trade down, but sometimes there just isn't any takers. Or, some of the teams may have offered us crap for a trade up. We did pretty well moving up and down in the later rounds.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban_refugee View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were working the phones for a trade down, but sometimes there just isn't any takers. Or, some of the teams may have offered us crap for a trade up. We did pretty well moving up and down in the later rounds.
    as I remember, we only took 4 minutes to make our pick. I'm certain that they wanted Tannehill at 8 and pending a Kings ransom (ala what the skins paid) we werent gonna risk trading down and lose out on him...

Before the draft, I was hoping they would trade down, but taking only 4 minutes to select T-Hill tells me that they really wanted and believe in this kid, and thats perfectly fine with me.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This was clearly a draft for the future and I give Jeff Ireland and his staff credit for having that vision. It would have been hard for me to pass on Fletcher Cox or Luke Kuechly, but Ryan Tannehill was the right pick. I firmly believe that he's an elite quarterback when he is on the move. I absolutely love that part of his game. Yes, he needs to work in the pocket, looking off receivers etc. But he will be an upgrade over every quarterback this team has had since Dan Marino and could develop into a franchise quarterback with this coaching staff. I'm not sure if the team added a pressure player for the defense. That's the one question because I think Vernon is boom or bust. I love the Martin pick and think he will quickly be one of the best pass blocking right tackles. This is a game of split seconds and a lineman that can hold his blocks a little longer is like adding a big play guy. Love the Miller pick and I think the team will hit on the late receivers taken.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All these draft grades are based on drafting for need and drafting guys where they are suppose to according to the "experts" board. Note that none of these experts are employed by NFL teams.

Anyways, based on this formula for grading you could draft 5 future hall of famers and still end up with a bad draft grade.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have to win to get respect. It is the only thing that is going to erase all the dysfunction that has happened over the last few years. I feel coming!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care about these guys opinion, what matter is results, Miami is the Rodney Dangerfield (no respect) of the NFL until these team starts winning.
    In two years by the time Tanny acquires experience Brady will be 36/37 Fitz in Buffalo will only play 8 good games and Tebow will be the Jets QB.
    2013 the fins will rule the AFC E book it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Somebody posted a 2013 Mock by Walter Football ... and we're picking 3rd!! Here we go!!

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    meh. tannehill would've been overdrafted by any team not named miami. Any team that didn't have his college coach as it's OC. Any team that had drafted a QB in the last 28 years in the first round.

Quote Quote