Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great value at every pick, yet no credit!

1. -11
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't know that Tannehill was a reach. We needed a QB desperately and our staff knows him better than anyone. He will come in and have a full command of the offense from day one. That's huge.

I think Robert Griffin 3 was a reach, with the Redskins basically giving up about two full drafts worth of value for a kid coming out of a college gimmick offense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I don't know that Tannehill was a reach. We needed a QB desperately and our staff knows him better than anyone. He will come in and have a full command of the offense from day one. That's huge.

I think Robert Griffin 3 was a reach, with the Redskins basically giving up about two full drafts worth of value for a kid coming out of a college gimmick offense.
    I agree. When you talk about reaches, Washington made a huge gamble. That was the mother of all reaches. I liked RGIII, but not at that expense. It will be interesting to chart the QB's drafted this year and see how their careers peak. RT has just as good a shot as Luck or RGIII. All three are in tough divisions. The coaches will make or break them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post

I agree, its obvious that if we didn't draft Tannehill, then cleveland certainly would've with at least the 22nd pick, and probably earlier considering they would've figured out a way to trade up to get him. Others have mentioned they thought the bills would've taken him at 10 given a chance. so really would it have been worth trading back to make the fans more comfortable about selecting RT where the fans thought he should've been selected?

Again it comes down to this, if you think a QB is the franchise, you do what you have to do to get him. In our case all we had to do was wait til the 8th pick rolled around.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    I'm surprised we didn't trade back in the first and still end up with Tannehill later in the first (but who knows what they could get). I think that alone is why people are hammering us. It'll be a documentary on ESPN in 15 years if he wins us a Superbowl though lol.
    I'm pretty sure we were working the phones for a trade down, but sometimes there just isn't any takers. Or, some of the teams may have offered us crap for a trade up. We did pretty well moving up and down in the later rounds.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Todd McShay said we had the 5th best overall draft ....he had the Pats 4th (I think the Pats first two picks were great, but they reached for Tavon Wilson and the rest, other than Bequette). I think he had the Eagles and Steelers as having the best draft. I can't remember who he had at #3?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban_refugee View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were working the phones for a trade down, but sometimes there just isn't any takers. Or, some of the teams may have offered us crap for a trade up. We did pretty well moving up and down in the later rounds.
    as I remember, we only took 4 minutes to make our pick. I'm certain that they wanted Tannehill at 8 and pending a Kings ransom (ala what the skins paid) we werent gonna risk trading down and lose out on him...

Before the draft, I was hoping they would trade down, but taking only 4 minutes to select T-Hill tells me that they really wanted and believe in this kid, and thats perfectly fine with me.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think a lot of teams had a good to very good draft, so the fact that not many pundits are out there kissing our **** is because we're one of quite a number this season.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill isnt any more of a reach than Andy Dalton was. The risk money wise is not the same. So whether or not any media douche wants to admit it or not, you will see alot more QB's go in first round from now on.

These media people started pumpin up Chandler Jones two days before the draft just before NE takes him. Anyone notice something here that has been a pattern? Mike Mayock says this guy will be the pick of the draft!!!! Seriously?! Nobody gonna call this out? Seriously? What kind of crap is this media smoking?

Its all biased which is why they hate giving grades, because now they are lazy and they have to defend one while telling why the other is a C. Forget it, these guys get paid to be nimrods. All they do is talk and the talk is all positive for most teams but the dolphins. I just cant see how any of these people are objective at all! New England drafted two guys people never even friggin heard of! Oh they had a great draft!

Chandler Jones. Im a Syracuse fan, this guy wasnt on anyones radar for first round! None! But BB and the Patriots....henceforth, they are so right to take Chandler Jones who missed more games than he played practically last year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB's get over drafted, RT was said to be somewhere between 15-25, and BUF, KC, SEA, ARI would have drafted, or were thought to have drafted him if he were available. By simple math, he was over drafted by 1 spot. The talking heads are absurd and theycontradict everything they say, and they don't have to take any accountability for it. We just don't know if 1 of those teams would have drafted him, why take the chance and lose him, by getting cut and picking up another pick, and risk losing him, have conviction and take you guy. They did that and I have respect for it! Who cares what everyone thinks, these guys are the same ones who said they believe in a few years he could be a franchise QB, if that's the case then by all means you go and get him!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    QB's get over drafted, RT was said to be somewhere between 15-25, and BUF, KC, SEA, ARI would have drafted, or were thought to have drafted him if he were available. By simple math, he was over drafted by 1 spot. The talking heads are absurd and theycontradict everything they say, and they don't have to take any accountability for it. We just don't know if 1 of those teams would have drafted him, why take the chance and lose him, by getting cut and picking up another pick, and risk losing him, have conviction and take you guy. They did that and I have respect for it! Who cares what everyone thinks, these guys are the same ones who said they believe in a few years he could be a franchise QB, if that's the case then by all means you go and get him!
    agreed.

every analyst were saying for at least 2-3 weeks leading up to the draft that either Cle (4), Miami (8), Buf (10), KC (11) and Sea (12) were all posible landing spots for T-hill... others said if he got past 12 that Cle would jump back up in the 15ish range to take him...

So now that fins take him at 8 and they made one of the biggest reaches in the first round? give me a break!

keep in mind these are the same guys who had DeCastro as a top ten talent who slipped to Pit.
    Quote Quote