Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Vilma banned for year

1. -1
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Jonathan Vilma banned for year

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was expecting 8. Wowsers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Yikes! Goodell is really making an example of all parties involved in this fiasco.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vilma will not play another down for the Saints.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    old-timer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't say for certain these suspensions are appropriate; especially since i don't have all of the facts. I do believe there is something wrong with a system where an appeal takes one right back to the person who ordered the sanction to begin with. Goodell has too much power
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I should know. I've been there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by undefeated72 View Post
    I can't say for certain these suspensions are appropriate; especially since i don't have all of the facts. I do believe there is something wrong with a system where an appeal takes one right back to the person who ordered the sanction to begin with. Goodell has too much power
    You sound like a saints fan to be honest.

Goodell is fine, he is the commissioner of the nfl and needs that power to keeps things clean and in order. Do you think any of these suspensions would hold if the nflpa had the last call on the appeals?? hell no, they would get paid off and throw a slap on the wrist. Goodell put his foot down and put an end to it, all footballs fans should applaud him for having the courage to do what he feels is right and not be scared of the nfl pa and backlash from butt hurt saints fans. All commissioners in sports have alot of power and they do so for a reason, to not let the nflpa screw up the nfl. Its a private business, no one forces you to watch the nfl or play for the nfl, the owners can give goodell all the power they want, that is not up to the players, thats between the owners.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the commish keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    old-timer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    You sound like a saints fan to be honest.

And you sound as if you don't know anything about me. For the record I have been a loyal, aqua bleeding Dolphin fan since they first came into the league. I couldn't care less about the Saints or any other team.

Goodell is fine, he is the commissioner of the nfl and needs that power to keeps things clean and in order. Do you think any of these suspensions would hold if the nflpa had the last call on the appeals?? hell no, they would get paid off and throw a slap on the wrist. Goodell put his foot down and put an end to it, all footballs fans should applaud him for having the courage to do what he feels is right and not be scared of the nfl pa and backlash from butt hurt saints fans. All commissioners in sports have alot of power and they do so for a reason, to not let the nflpa screw up the nfl. Its a private business, no one forces you to watch the nfl or play for the nfl, the owners can give goodell all the power they want, that is not up to the players, thats between the owners.
    I agree Goddell should have a lot of power. Just not absolute. And he should not be afraid to make rulings per his conscience. If his rulings are fair and just an independent review process would uphold his rulings. And if not a more fair sanction would be imposed. Given enough time I believe the owners will change their mind and desire a realistic appeals process; not some kangaroo court. If not, so be it.
    My beef isn't so much about the rulings; just the process. Regardless, it will not affect my desire to watch the NFL as I have been for the past 50 years. As it is, pray that the Dolphins do not have to face his wrath someday without there being a true appeal process.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Too harsh for Vilma, 6-8 games would've been enough imo.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by undefeated72 View Post
    I agree Goddell should have a lot of power. Just not absolute. And he should not be afraid to make rulings per his conscience. If his rulings are fair and just an independent review process would uphold his rulings. And if not a more fair sanction would be imposed. Given enough time I believe the owners will change their mind and desire a realistic appeals process; not some kangaroo court. If not, so be it.
    My beef isn't so much about the rulings; just the process. Regardless, it will not affect my desire to watch the NFL as I have been for the past 50 years. As it is, pray that the Dolphins do not have to face his wrath someday without there being a true appeal process.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    if u dont do the crime you donthave to worry about any appeals, sounds good dont it?
    Quote Quote