Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

111 44.58%
  • No!

111 44.58%
  • Other...

27 10.84%
Page 1 of 29 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinderella Team in 2012?

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Cinderella Team in 2012?

Comment on your vote...
    -

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I think the potential is there. But I won't say we are a shoe in to be a "Cinderella" team. The reason I say this is because EVERYONE is counting us out again. Is there a good chance we are going to be fourth in the division? Sure. But that is the fun of the NFL, you never know who will rise from the bottom to take the top. And I have to to say, the current coaching staff makes me feel real confident. Even if it isn't this year. I believe they have put together a solid team.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This sounds like last year with a bunch of homers who thought we were going to the playoffs...right before we went 0-7. It really doesn't matter how good the fools think this draft was...the other teams improved also...and we didn't improve any more than they did. Next year will only be slightly better than last year, and could be even worse if Tannehill starts.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think we've made much better moves this offseason than in the past, but... we're still a 6 win team.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    This sounds like last year with a bunch of homers who thought we were going to the playoffs...right before we went 0-7. It really doesn't matter how good the fools think this draft was...the other teams improved also...and we didn't improve any more than they did. Next year will only be slightly better than last year, and could be even worse if Tannehill starts.
    Are you always this cheery?

Not ONE person yet has commented that we're going to be a playoff contender and already you are attacking anyone who has anything positive to say about this team, let alone the draft. Jeez, lighten up man.

To be honest, I don't think we'll be a Cinderella team this year, but we could shed the losing season curse. There's just too much that has to go right with this young (but upandcoming) team, but the schedule at least is favorable for us. Who knows, though...maybe we'll catch a few breaks with the old "OL guru" out of the picture. In time, though, I think Philbin and Tannehill could lead this team to greater things...at least greater than we've known for the last several years!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    New key players, new coaches, new schemes; a lot must get done between now and the season but.... I look at what SF did last year, after a similar underachieving season and a limited off-season and who knows? Their division was weak last year but our non-division schedule is do-able.

RW
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as we destroy the Jets in BOTH games I'll be a happy man.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    every year there teams people don't expect to make a playoff run so you definitely have hope. You have talented defensive players, how quickly do they adapt to the new scheme? even w/o Marshall I think you may have a better offense. You need to get off to a good start, I would say a healthy Garrard gives you your best chance to win but what is best for Miami long term is getting Tannehill some starting experience by the end of the season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This isn't anything like last year. You could end up even worse than 6-10 in 2012 but last year was completely hopeless. A coach and QB returning that most of us knew were losers and they weren't going anywhere with. One of the only suprises was Moore was a little better than expected. Not what you want as a starter but can win a few games. This year I don't know. I'd like to see Garrard prove to be better than Moore and be able to win some games until Tannehill is ready. Or maybe Moore does a little better in this offense, who knows?

Tannehill was probably a reach at 8 and one thing I don't think fans will forget is that the 2012 draft is over with and it doesn't mean a hill of beans where he was drafted going forward. Maybe he will prove to be a good QB.

What will the defense look like? I expect at least better than that out of shape mess that opened up against New England.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they had pulled off a trade for Osi Umenyiora and drafted Kuechly and Weeden I would have said ya, but as it is; not a chance.
    Quote Quote