Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    You 're a 1 trick pony but are entertaining to say the least.
    I have more tricks than one, I may repeat myself a lot but I have more tricks
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 of the last 3 years we advanced further than that Pats team including stomping them in NE in the div rd. The Pats are still an elite team, we were not last year but including the last 3 years we are considered elite.

How many division titles did the Jests win under Jabba the Jest? How many Super Bowls have they played in?

9-7, 11-5, and 8-8 is NOT elite when a team fails to do either. When you constantly brag that your team lost the conference championship two years in a row, that simply indicates how low your standards are. What's got you all hot and bothered about Jabba is that the Jests made the playoffs two years in a row, something they hadn't done in a dozen or more years, so you strut around thinking your team is somethig special.

Nobody except Jests fans and some of the NYC media think the Jests are "elite". The only "elite" team in the AFCE is NE:
    • 9 times in the playoffs in the last 11 years
    • 8 times AFCE division champions
    • 5 Super Bowl appearances
    • 3 Super Bowl wins
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2 of the last 3 years we advanced further than that Pats team including stomping them in NE in the div rd. The Pats are still an elite team, we were not last year but including the last 3 years we are considered elite.
    Elite teams don't need help to get into the playoffs and lose their last game to a team out of playoffs since October (referring to 2011 not the Colts BS that's old now) You didnt see NE in that situation, why? Because they have stability something elite teams have. Not locker room melt downs and guys sitting out pouting because his QB sucks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P-cola FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The jets
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    Elite teams don't need help to get into the playoffs and lose their last game to a team out of playoffs since October (referring to 2011 not the Colts BS that's old now) You didnt see NE in that situation, why? Because they have stability something elite teams have. Not locker room melt downs and guys sitting out pouting because his QB sucks.
    I'll admit I am jealous of the Jets success the past few years. But elite does mean you don't need help getting into the playoffs. Elite means to demolish everyone in your path and place in one of the top two seeds. The Jets were better than most teams at the right time. And that is great. But to crown them "elite" is stretching the truth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ooops

If part of being "elite" includes being a 7-7 team, beating teams with just barely over a .300 cumulative winning percent, recently dropping 6 of 7, losing to a dead out of the playoffs team at home in the one game you needed to win and then stepping in sh1t having 2 teams take knees, then facing the worst playoff team in 10 years (by the time they made it there being 3-4 out of their last 7) and subsequently having a normally clutch kicker help his team beat themselves while your own QB has a 60QBR, 100yds and went 12-23, and then finally being jarred back to reality by starters who actually are trying to win...then I guess that would qualify. However, like the saying more or less goes: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"

Maybe in some forums acceptable semantics equate "lucky" with "elite' but I'd speculate, those non-objective forums are few and far between.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Elite" teams fail to make the Super Bowl? Who knew?

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So Eli Manning isn't an elite QB b/c he's only won the Super Bowl twice in four years yet the Jets are elite they've gotten to the AFC Title Game twice in three years?

I know in your world that makes sense but...

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    If part of being "elite" includes being a 7-7 team, beating teams with just barely over a .300 cumulative winning percent, recently dropping 6 of 7, losing to a dead out of the playoffs team at home in the one game you needed to win and then stepping in sh1t having 2 teams take knees, then facing the worst playoff team in 10 years (by the time they made it there being 3-4 out of their last 7) and subsequently having a normally clutch kicker help his team beat themselves while your own QB has a 60QBR, 100yds and went 12-23, and then finally being jarred back to reality by starters who actually are trying to win...then I guess that would qualify. However, like the saying more or less goes: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"

Maybe in some forums acceptable semantics equate "lucky" with "elite' but I'd speculate, those non-objective forums are few and far between.
    Admit it. You have those stats forever copied and pasted in your browser
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Admit it. You have those stats forever copied and pasted in your browser
    EZ to remember

It can be argued that "Perception Is (convenient form-fitting) Reality."

Well who's to say that's not true, but even less worthy of argument is that: "Facts are Unassailable."
    Quote Quote