Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter King: Feature story on Tannehill -- "Sink or Swim"

1. -1
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Peter King: Feature story on Tannehill -- "Sink or Swim"

As Ryan Tannehill walked into an autograph session last Saturday at the Dolphins' inaugural Fin Fest celebration, a crowd of fans in the Sun Life Stadium concourse caught sight of Miami's newly minted first-round quarterback and rained greetings on him. "Good luck, Ryan!" said one. "Need you, Tannehill!" said another. And one voice said, "Better be good!"

Not every team in the NFL has to do what the Dolphins and owner Stephen Ross did last Saturday: open the home stadium to fans and let them roam free on the turf, kick field goals, throw passes, tour the locker rooms, meet players. But in Miami, where the Dolphins have made the playoffs just once in the last 10 years, fewer than half of the stadium's 75,000 seats have been sold to season-ticket holders, and the team has failed repeatedly in attempts to bring in big-name players or coaches who could fire up the fan base. "The apathy is high," said former Dolphins linebacker Kim Bokamper, who covers sports for Miami's CBS TV affiliate. "After failing to get so many guys they went afteróJim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, Peyton Manningóthey've lost the benefit of the doubt with the fans. These fans are dying for someone to believe in."
    Full story at the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...57/1/index.htm
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i enjoyed the article but not sure if I agree that he is under more pressure than Luck to succeed. I'd rather be the first qb drafted in the first round since Dan Marino after over a 10 year drought of bad qb play than immediately following Peyton Manning when he's still playing in the league.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    T-Hill was an outstanding pick at #8........finally da Phinz have some good news :-)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mark Sanchex redux
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbick View Post
    Mark Sanchex redux

Unfortunately I don't disagree. But I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbick View Post
    Mark Sanchex redux
    How is he like Mark buttfumble?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In what way could you possibly compare him to buttfumble? Tannehill is much more athletic, has a much better arm, and has a much better head on his shoulders. He may turn out to be just a Mark buttfumble, but based on just the obvious, there is no comparison to be made between the 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    In what way could you possibly compare him to buttfumble? Tannehill is much more athletic, has a much better arm, and has a much better head on his shoulders. He may turn out to be just a Mark buttfumble, but based on just the obvious, there is no comparison to be made between the 2
    enter Junc/2 AFC title game losses
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    How is he like Mark buttfumble?
    When buttfumble came out he was considered to be a very athletic guy with all of the tools but limited experience. You could say the same thing about Tanny, but I do think he is a better prospect than buttfumble was coming out because he has a bigger arm and he's more physically gifted. For me to say that isn't saying much, though, because I always hated buttfumble at USC.
    To me, the best case scenario for Tannehill is a Hasselbeck type of guy, which is obviously not bad, but also nothing special. A west coast QB that can certainly be good enough to win on a very talented team, but he's never going to carry the team or be an upper echelon QB. Again, just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RidinSurtains View Post
    When buttfumble came out he was considered to be a very athletic guy with all of the tools but limited experience. You could say the same thing about Tanny, but I do think he is a better prospect than buttfumble was coming out because he has a bigger arm and he's more physically gifted. For me to say that isn't saying much, though, because I always hated buttfumble at USC.
    To me, the best case scenario for Tannehill is a Hasselbeck type of guy, which is obviously not bad, but also nothing special. A west coast QB that can certainly be good enough to win on a very talented team, but he's never going to carry the team or be an upper echelon QB. Again, just my opinion.
    No, not really. Mark buttfumble is 6'2, ran a 4.93 40 and had/has average arm strength, accuracy, release and footwork. His tools are and always have been considered "average."

The point with buttfumble is that he was supposed to be a winner and a leader with great intangibles. Not that he was some ultra talented specimen.

Other than limited starting experience and playing in a pro style system, there is very little that Tannehill and buttfumble have in common as prospects entering the NFL.
    Quote Quote