Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WR Jeff Fuller video

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline has more size, speed, physicality and starting ability than Bess who is strictly a slot receiver. That said, both of those guys have made a lot of big plays and first downs. Those new guys have a lot to prove. Hartline can play an outside WR spot as long as he has someone on the opposite side drawing coverage. Hartline has a way of getting separation with a sneaky push off..but he gets caught sometimes.
    I hope the new guys can put them on the bench, but I will believe it when I see it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Hartline has more size, speed, physicality and starting ability than Bess who is strictly a slot receiver. That said, both of those guys have made a lot of big plays and first downs. Those new guys have a lot to prove. Hartline can play an outside WR spot as long as he has someone on the opposite side drawing coverage. Hartline has a way of getting separation with a sneaky push off..but he gets caught sometimes.
    I hope the new guys can put them on the bench, but I will believe it when I see it.
    Bess and Hartline are both high quality guys that you'd like to have on the team, but let's face it- Marshall getting traded didn't create a need for an influx of WR talent, it just exacerbated the situation. I kind of like Bess and Hartline, my intent isn't to bash them- my point is that in Gates, Fuller and the two drafted guys I see 4 WR slots right there- maybe I'm jumping the gun on Fuller, but I don't think so. He's big, talented and has experience in the new offense and playing with Tannehill. I saw a comment about his lack of separation ability- not so sure about that, plus he clocked a 4.53 at the combine iirc at 6-3, 217. Not bad. Dude is a player. All that I'm saying is that there is a big new wave of talent coming in, and I'm including Gates in that picture because he was so raw last year. Bess and Hartline had better bring their A games, because they're going to have plenty of competition for a roster spot this year. Maybe the team keeps six WRs this year, who knows.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't see much in Jeff Fuller and I never have. I thought he was overrated in 2010 back when everyone was all over him.

I think Derek Moye has a real shot. He's not perfect by any means. But you're looking at a guy that is 6'4" and 209 lbs and showed on the football field that his size and strength are a real problem for even the best defenders. Add on top of that when he opens it up into high gear, he's actually a speed problem. He ran a 4.41 at his pro day. I watched how he played against Alabama in 2010 and 2011, and he wasn't intimidated by their physical style of play. At times he really created a lot of separation against their man coverage. He's beaten Menzie for catches, Kirkpatrick and Milliner as well. What I think he lacks is some short space burst that you see in smaller players, or in freakish A+ specimens like Michael Floyd. He also doesn't show the strongest hands for coming up with difficult catches. But I think people don't realize just how awful the quarterbacking at Penn State was. I watched a lot of good QBs this year, which made the Penn State QB play that much more appalling. Sometimes you wonder how a guy can produce at all with that level of QB play, considering he's not catching a bunch of screen passes and other plays designed to make things as easy for the QB as possible to complete. I just particularly like the way he uses his hands to get off the jam, and then he's got some burst to get into his next gear. At the top of his route he really shows some strong ups, even if those didn't come through as well in his 33 inch vertical.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll admit to knowing very little about Moye, but one thing I've really liked and would like to see: the way the Saints use Colston. I'd like a bigger WR we send down the middle. It obviously didn't cut in too much to J. Graham's production, and I think it puts a lot of pressure on the D. Surprised more people aren't copying it.

Still, Fuller is really going to have to show something. If tasked to bet, my money would NOT be on him making the 53.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont care what their last names are if they come out the winnner in the preseason games they should b the starter.
    what do we have 1 wr that we drafted besides the 2 we got this year in the draft.
    matter of fact hartline was drafted in the 4th then we have a bunch of udfa and this years 6th and 7th round wrs man thats bad ...bad....bad.......
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know its impossible to compare highlight films from college, hartline film is way more impressive, especially considering that A&M throws the ball twice as much as ohio state ever did. Hartline is faster smarter, and already has 3 years experience in the league. Give him a chnce to be more productive, and He WILL BE PRODUCTIVE
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am just not as impressed with Hartline at all. He dropped a higher percentage of catchable balls than Marshall (16.67% to 14.74%) so I'm not sure why anyone wants to rely on him to make the important catches this year. The WR corps is a huge issue going into this season and honestly the WR depth chart is completely up for grabs at this point. I honestly think it's something the FO has as the #1-2 priority in next years draft already, barring injuries.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a HUGE fan of this guy. I think all 32 teams made a catastrophic error in passing on this guy. I'm glad he's a Miami Dolphin now. He will be successful in this league, mark it down. I just hope it's with the Miami Dolphins.

It wouldn't shock me in the least bit to see him in our starting lineup week 1.

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote