Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Floyd wants 60-40, yeah.. and also 100% of the pay per view money. Pacquiao gets $0. You think that's fair?

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Look at that video.

He's scared. Ducking. By the way, Pacquaio already agreed to all the testing a long time ago. Mayweather scared.
    He said he's not scared in that video.

If those two ever fought, Mayweather would walk away the winner.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mayweather and Cotto was the second highest PPV in history.

Mayweather is the draw. It's not Pacman. And somehow people think he deserves the 50/50 split from the PPV purse.

Arum is ducking Mayweather. Arum knows that 60/40 is as good as it is going to get and if he ever agrees to that, Mayweather is going to beat his cash cow senseless.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Mayweather would win. I think he's the better boxer. but there is a very good chance Pacquiao can beat him.

but Pacquiao is very dangerous. Every fighter he has beaten has said that Pacquiao is the hardest puncher they ever faced, and this is including guys who fought mayweather.

Mayweather is scared of losing the 0. He's scared of his health. Watch the video. He's talking about not wanting to walk with a cane for the rest of his life, that he wants to keep his health rather than fighting Pacquiao.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every athlete in the world talks like that.

Has nothing to do with Mayweather being scared. That's nonsense.

Pacman is incredible. Pacman does have a chance and Pacman is dangerous.

But he's not beating Mayweather to the point to where he needs a cane to walk.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Mayweather and Cotto was the second highest PPV in history.

Mayweather is the draw. It's not Pacman. And somehow people think he deserves the 50/50 split from the PPV purse.

Arum is ducking Mayweather. Arum knows that 60/40 is as good as it is going to get and if he ever agrees to that, Mayweather is going to beat his cash cow senseless.
    Pacman, until recently(now is tied with floyd at #2), has been the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world.

Pacman was the highest paid boxer in 2010 and 2011. Fact.

Floyd getting 100% of PPV is ridiculous and everyone knows it's just an intentional roadblock by Floyd so he doesn't have to fight Manny.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Mayweather would win. I think he's the better boxer.
    Ok, I am officially confused. You agree that Mayweather is the better boxer and he would win, right? How then do you come to the conclusion that he is scared to fight Pacquiao? Makes no sense.

If money is the thing that is preventing this fight from happening I have to say that Mayweather has a valid argument. Not saying that I agree but I do understand his premise. I asked you a question earlier. Has Manny ever had a fight that he has been guaranteed to make at least 40 million? Here's some information for you....

The performance ranks as the second-highest grossing pay-per-view for a non-heavyweight fight in history.[+] EnlargeAl Bello/Getty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr. celebrates after claiming Miguel Cotto's belt via unanimous decision.

No. 1 all-time remains Mayweather's 2007 victory against Oscar De La Hoya, in which he also claimed a junior middleweight belt. That fight generated all-time records for any weight class with 2.46 million buys and $137 million in pay-per-view revenue.
    The 1.5 million figure for Mayweather-Cotto will grow once all of the numbers are accounted for, according to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who promoted the fight with Mayweather Promotions.
    "The 1.5 million number is actual reported numbers," Schaefer told ESPN.com. "The final number will definitely be bigger than what it is now."
    In nine HBO PPV main events, Mayweather has generated 9.6 million buys and $543 million in television revenue, according to HBO.
    Mayweather-Cotto moved past Mayweather's 2010 victory against Shane Mosley, which did 1.4 million buys and $78 million in revenue. Mayweather's knockout of Victor Ortiz in September sold 1.25 million subscriptions and generated $78.4 million. The higher revenue for the Ortiz fight is because the cost of the pay-per-view was higher.
    "Floyd Mayweather's numbers are getting bigger and bigger and this number shows you the kind of draw he is," Schaefer said. "He's a superstar and able to capture the interest of a large audience. He has broken out of the boxing following and now has a mainstream following that is unmatched in the sport. The numbers keep getting bigger and bigger."
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-94m-ppv-sales

If Manny made more money than Floyd in the two years you mentioned, it's only because he fought more frequently. If they have each the same number of fights during the same period of time there would not have been a comparison....

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh yeah, Canelo Alvarez got a couple of million in his fight against Shane Moseley. What did Sugar get? Somewhere in the neighborhood of $600,000. Is that fair?
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's one thing to offer 60-40 and then maybe like 30-40% of PPV money. but Floyd wants 100% of it and 60-40. that's a duck deal. Manny isn't Cotto. Manny has been the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world (until recently)

and lastly, at what point do we begin to criticize Mayweather for not being a FIGHTER, a champion? At what point does this stop being about money, and start being about Floyd needing to prove he is the best in the world by fighting the best in Manny? Does that not count with you?

When Roy Jones Jr got DQ'd for hitting Griffin with his knee on the canvas, Roy Jones Jr immediately said "GIVE ME A REMATCH. GIVE GRIFFIN WHATEVER HE WANTS, I DON'T CARE. MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW"... then in the rematch, Roy went out there and knocked Griffin the F out in the 1st round.

that's what a true champion says. It stops being ALL about the money and starts being about personal greatness and pride. Floyd is no champion if he continues to duck MAnny and will forever be a ducking coward, imo. That video where he rants about his health and steroid use is pathetic. If Mayweather-Pacquiao never happens because Floyd refused a 50-50 because he rather take 60-40 and bitch about steroids and protecting his health, then he will go down as a coward. At some point you have to question this man's heart and personal pride on being the BEST.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    What I want to know is how does boxing still make that kind of money in this day and age?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's one thing to offer 60-40 and then maybe like 30-40% of PPV money. but Floyd wants 100% of it and 60-40. that's a duck deal. Manny isn't Cotto. Manny has been the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world (until recently)
    All I know is that Floyd offered Manny 40 million guaranteed. Again, has Manny ever had that kind of payday before? I know that Mayweather wasn't willing to do a 50 - 50 split but I honestly don't have a clue as to what has been discussed other than that. I think that there was some talk that centered around possibly doing a 60 - 40 split but I would not stake my life on it. Being the #1 P4P fighter in the world still has not gotten Manny the type of cheese that he would get from fighting Floyd.

and lastly, at what point do we begin to criticize Mayweather for not being a FIGHTER, a champion? At what point does this stop being about money, and start being about Floyd needing to prove he is the best in the world by fighting the best in Manny? Does that not count with you?
    Man, Floyd is not obligated to prove anything to anyone! You & I may want to see that match take place but if he is not happy with what he feels his take would be, that's his prerogative! He determines what his worth is. It's his body!

When Roy Jones Jr got DQ'd for hitting Griffin with his knee on the canvas, Roy Jones Jr immediately said "GIVE ME A REMATCH. GIVE GRIFFIN WHATEVER HE WANTS, I DON'T CARE. MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW"... then in the rematch, Roy went out there and knocked Griffin the F out in the 1st round.
    Good for Roy! Different strokes....

that's what a true champion says. It stops being ALL about the money and starts being about personal greatness and pride. Floyd is no champion if he continues to duck MAnny and will forever be a ducking coward, imo. That video where he rants about his health and steroid use is pathetic. If Mayweather-Pacquiao never happens because Floyd refused a 50-50 because he rather take 60-40 and bitch about steroids and protecting his health, then he will go down as a coward. At some point you have to question this man's heart and personal pride on being the BEST.
    Bro, you still ain't getting it. Mayweather has the right to decide what he is willing to accept for any fight. Fear doesn't necessarily have a thing to do with that. If I offered you minimum wage to perform the job you do at your current place of employment, would that make you scared or someone who was attempting to duck if you decided it was not acceptable? Obviously not! You would do your best to earn what the market bears, right?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You sound like a huge Mayweather nut hugger, bro. You are trying to turn this whole thing into strictly about money and business. No competitive desire or championship heart.

If you think it's OK for boxers to behave this way and not care about proving themselves to be the best and their place in history, then this is why boxing is dying. Has turned into a bitch fest of corruption and fighters cherry picking and ducking fights. Fans like you just nut hug and don't demand more. Any neutral boxing fan like me looks at this situation and calls it a disgrace. Floyd doesn't care about fighting the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Yeah, Mayweather can do what he wants for "his body", and then we can label him a ducker, and a coward who lacked the heart of a champion to prove he was the best int he world.
    Quote Quote