Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

  1. -41
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    1315
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    First of all, I have never heard anything about them agreeing to 50 -50 deal before.
    in 2009. yes they agreed.

    and again, don't act like floyd is doing it all. Just need to get Chavez and Martinez on the undercard and put in on Mexican Independence Day. Sounds like something Floyd would do to fiddle the numbers, then claim that they are all his.


    also, found this today :

    FORBES WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES LIST IS OUT: PACQUIAO - #33; MAYWEATHER - #52

    The annual list of the influential Forbes Magazine world's most powerful celebrities list for 2012 has just been released with boxing superstar and Philippine congressman Manny Pacquiao landing on number 33. Pacquiao's boxing nemesis Floyd Mayweather, Jr made it to number 52. This year's list is topped by American actress Jennifer Lopez followed by perennial top contender Oprah Winfrey on number 2 and teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber on number 3.

    Seventeen athletes made it to this year's list headed by Tiger Woods (#12), Lebron James (#15) and Kobe Bryant (#27).

    View the complete list here: http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

    Pacquiao, who last year earned US$67M and who also made it to the list in 2010 (#55) and 2009 (#57), was described by the magazine as "a pay-per-view stud with five fights each generating at least one million PPV buys during the past four years. Pacman has expanded his endorsement reach by signing deals with Monster Energy and Hennessy. Other partners include Nike and Hewlett-Packard. Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines in 2010 in a landslide victory."

    The magazine considers the ranking of candidates in the following area in determining the celebrity's final standing: earnings, TV/Radio, press, social media and web.

    Forbes will do a live webcast featuring the writers who put this year’s list together which could be accessed on the following URL: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...celebrity-100/
    Last edited by electrolyte; 05-18-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,085
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    in 2009. yes they agreed.
    So you say. Got a link? And, if it's actually true it sounds like Manny should have jumped on the fight in 2009! What held it up? Manny not wanting to be tested?

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    and again, don't act like floyd is doing it all. Just need to get Chavez and Martinez on the undercard and put in on Mexican Independence Day. Sounds like something Floyd would do to fiddle the numbers, then claim that they are all his.
    Floyd promotes himself, right? That's what you said. Am I right? Well then, as a promoter he should pull out every trick in his arsenal to make the fight earn as much as it possibly can. Even you would have to agree with that! Maybe Manny should get rid of Arum and start promoting himself......

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    also, found this today :

    FORBES WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES LIST IS OUT: PACQUIAO - #33; MAYWEATHER - #52

    The annual list of the influential Forbes Magazine world's most powerful celebrities list for 2012 has just been released with boxing superstar and Philippine congressman Manny Pacquiao landing on number 33. Pacquiao's boxing nemesis Floyd Mayweather, Jr made it to number 52. This year's list is topped by American actress Jennifer Lopez followed by perennial top contender Oprah Winfrey on number 2 and teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber on number 3.

    Seventeen athletes made it to this year's list headed by Tiger Woods (#12), Lebron James (#15) and Kobe Bryant (#27).

    View the complete list here: http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

    Pacquiao, who last year earned US$67M and who also made it to the list in 2010 (#55) and 2009 (#57), was described by the magazine as "a pay-per-view stud with five fights each generating at least one million PPV buys during the past four years. Pacman has expanded his endorsement reach by signing deals with Monster Energy and Hennessy. Other partners include Nike and Hewlett-Packard. Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines in 2010 in a landslide victory."

    The magazine considers the ranking of candidates in the following area in determining the celebrity's final standing: earnings, TV/Radio, press, social media and web.

    Forbes will do a live webcast featuring the writers who put this year’s list together which could be accessed on the following URL: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...celebrity-100/
    The Forbes stuff is cool but it doesn't have anything to do directly with what boxing fans are paying for fights. Or, who they are willing to pay more to see. Manny still doesn't make as much as Floyd on fights. Therefore, Manny should not be entitled to receiving an equal share of the purse in my opinion.
    Last edited by ebozzz; 06-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,533
    vCash:
    9581
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    IMO opinion Pacman would not beat Mayweather. Im a huge fan of Manny's but when it comes down to it Floyd can back up all the **** he talks. I don't think anyone out trains him.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,085
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    IMO opinion Pacman would not beat Mayweather. Im a huge fan of Manny's but when it comes down to it Floyd can back up all the **** he talks. I don't think anyone out trains him.
    I am simply a boxing fan with no allegiances to either fighter but I also don't think that Manny would win.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,153
    vCash:
    18615
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if mayweather was to fight pac the same way i saw him fight cotto pac will whoop his ass
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,085
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if mayweather was to fight pac the same way i saw him fight cotto pac will whoop his ass
    Here's something to think about though. Mayweather went up in weight to meet Cotto. Miguel went down in weight to fight Manny. I think that Pac would have to move up to fight Floyd. I really don't think that Floyd would get his ass whooped fighting at his preferred weight.....

    My prediction would be a unanimous decision for Mayweather.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,153
    vCash:
    18615
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Here's something to think about though. Mayweather went up in weight to meet Cotto. Miguel went down in weight to fight Manny. I think that Pac would have to move up to fight Floyd. I really don't think that Floyd would get his ass whooped fighting at his preferred weight.....

    My prediction would be a unanimous decision for Mayweather.
    mayweather better have been taking all that leather he took from cotto to entertain the fans...i kinda think that's what it was...but if he lets pac hit him like cotto did it will be good night...pac has a lot more power and is technically a superior fighter to cotto...that better have been some just to entertain the fans stuff...that's all i know...

    the fight will probably never happen anyways...especially if people keep chunking out big money to watch them work over some guy completely outclassed every 4 months or so...

    i'd like to see my young favorite new fighter to the big stage alvarez take on one of the big boys...his power and straight ahead style is a big time draw...i'd pay to see it
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,085
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    mayweather better have been taking all that leather he took from cotto to entertain the fans...i kinda think that's what it was...but if he lets pac hit him like cotto did it will be good night...pac has a lot more power and is technically a superior fighter to cotto...that better have been some just to entertain the fans stuff...that's all i know...
    Ok, I'll play!

    If Manny takes all that leather that he took from Marquez when fighting Floyd, it will be good night! I hope that he was doing that just to entertain the fans. Mayweather is technically more superior than Marquez and has good power. That's all I know...

    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the fight will probably never happen anyways...especially if people keep chunking out big money to watch them work over some guy completely outclassed every 4 months or so...
    I actually don't think that either of them is going to fight for much longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'd like to see my young favorite new fighter to the big stage alvarez take on one of the big boys...his power and straight ahead style is a big time draw...i'd pay to see it
    I like Canelo but I don't think that he's ready yet to fight Floyd or Manny. Oh, he would be competitive but in my opinion, he would fall short. I really wanted to see Alvarez against Kirkland. That fight appears to be off now....
    Last edited by ebozzz; 06-06-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,153
    vCash:
    18615
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't agree that mayweather has good power...to me he outpoints guys with hand speed and then when he gets ahead superior defense...if he did have very good power i think a lot of guys that i've seen him land clean crisp shots on would be on the canvass...

    i agree alvarez probably isn't ready yet for pac or mayweather and his handlers i think are doing the right thing to date with him and i'd also like to see a alvarez kirkland fight...kirklands a tough son of a gun and i thought the fight i saw of his recently where he got knocked down in round 1 and then came back like wild fire later on can't remember who it was against was a great fight...that said i think alvarez has enough going for him where he'd win that matchup...alvarez though for as much leather as he gives out and his power is rediculous he takes a lot also...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,085
    vCash:
    1667
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mayweather is definitely not a knockout artist. That's for sure! But, his power is respectable. If it wasn't guys would just walk through him regardless of his defense which tends to be top shelf.

    That Kirkland fight was against "Perro" Angulo (sp?). I thought he was out it early in round 1. He not only came back in the same round to knock down Perro but basically beat him like he stole something the rest of the fight! Check it here....

    http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/12/2...deo-hbo-boxing

    Kirkland's conditioning is always great and he is a very active fighter for the most part. The concern that I have with him against Canelo is that James can be a little careless. I don't think that he would get away with that against Canelo but if he controlled the pace of the fight, he has a shot....
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Manny Pacquiao To Floyd Mayweather: 'Let's Get It On'
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 12:07 PM
  2. Manny Pacquiao - Mayweather March 13th
    By Roman529 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 11:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
  5. Pacquiao vs. Hatton, Mayweather announces comeback
    By LightsOut in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •