Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

  1. -21
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    You sound like a huge Mayweather nut hugger, bro. You are trying to turn this whole thing into strictly about money and business. No competitive desire or championship heart.
    Whatever. If you say that I am a Mayweather Nut Hugger I guess that I am. I mean you are accusing me of being that type of person and there is absolutely no way you could be wrong! The fact is the reason the fight has not happened probably has a lot more to do with money and than your silly fear assumption!

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    If you think it's OK for boxers to behave this way and not care about proving themselves to be the best and their place in history, then this is why boxing is dying. Has turned into a bitch fest of corruption and fighters cherry picking and ducking fights. Fans like you just nut hug and don't demand more. Any neutral boxing fan like me looks at this situation and calls it a disgrace. Floyd doesn't care about fighting the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Yeah, Mayweather can do what he wants for "his body", and then we can label him a ducker, and a coward who lacked the heart of a champion to prove he was the best int he world.
    Boxing is dying but every time Floyd steps into the ring he gets P-A-I-D! And, I mean paid handsomely! You can call the guy whatever you want. I doubt that he cares one iota about your thoughts on the matter. He's got his coin and probably does not need to take another fight if he doesn't want to. At this stage in his career he most likely is looking for a few more excellent pay days and then he's done. What you or I feel about his heart, competitive spirit or whatever else you want to throw in matters little!

    You never did answer my question. Has Manny ever had a 40 million pay day? Also, I would love for you to explain to me how you feel Floyd has not fought top notch competition and is cherry picking fights. I'm waiting.....
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, since I am such a Nut Hugger and it seems I can't get you to answer my question. I'll just have to answer for you. The answer is NO! Manny has never made that kind of money on any of his individual fights. In fact, his next fight will pay him the most ever for his participation...

    Pacquiao to make $25 million guaranteed for Bradley bout, the biggest payday of his career....
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/02/...of-his-career/

    Now I ask you to check out a comparison of what both fighters have been able to earn in bouts since 2006. Bear in mind that Floyd's figures don't even include the Cotto fight where I think he was guaranteed to make at least 32 million.......

    Recently, John Chavez of TheBoxingTruth.com contacted the Nevada State Athletic Commission to acquire the reported purse amounts of both Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. According to the official documents, which are public record and have been verified by Executive Director Keith Kizer, the numbers are alarmingly lopsided. It appears that over the past 6 years, the combined total of Pacquiao's purses are a mere fraction of what Mayweather has earned over the same time period and in almost half the number of fights.
    http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11628.html

    Maybe it's actually you who is swinging on nuts. Manny's. New Jack Swing style....

    Based on those numbers Manny would almost make more in one fight than he has earned in 10! I had not even looked up that info but now I have to say that there is no way Pacquiao should get a 50 - 50 split! Mayweather is right! Pacman needs Floyd more than he needs Manny! Pac ought to be ashamed of himself for even asking for that!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally, I am going to drop this one last thing, then I am done with Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. If it happens, it happens.....

    During the premiere episode of "The Fight Game with Jim Lampley", Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer shared his thoughts on what the purse split should be for a proposed mega­fight between undefeated pound­ for­ pound champion Floyd Mayweather and 8 ­division world champion Manny Pacquiao. "Well, you know what Jim? I think he should get the lion's share and I think fair is fair," Schaefer commented when asked if he thought Mayweather's stance of not agreeing to a 50/50 split was standing in the way of making the fight a reality. In fact, Schaefer believes that both fighters should absolutely get what they're worth and the best way to figure that out is to let an outside accounting firm look at the numbers that each man has produced over the years, compare them, and ultimately determine a fair ratio.
    http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12409.html

    Now, THAT sounds fair to me! I wonder if Manny and his team will go for something like that? I suspect that the answer would be no as it makes the purse somewhere in the neighborhood of what was already being offered!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,585
    vCash:
    1496
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, you are a Mayweather nut hugger. It's sad bro. I'm a neutral boxing fan, to answer your question.

    1) Mayweather earns more money per fight partially because he promotes his own fights. He's a free agent now. He keeps all of his earnings. Whereas, Manny has to pay Bob Arum and other people a lot of money. My statement that Manny was the highest paid boxer in 2010 and 2011 is a fact. Now, is it because he fights more than Floyd? Sure. But he also has to pay his promoters and other people, something which Floyd doesn't have to do and it inflates Floyd's earnings per fight.

    2) What does it matter if Floyd offer Manny $40 mil? Just because "Manny has never earned that much before" doesn't mean Manny should say yes. Cmon man, this is simple business 101.

    If you own 10 businesses, and all of your businesses have sold for less than $20 mil each, but the current business that you are selling is WORTH $100 mil.... are you really going to accept a $40 mil offer because "that's the most you have ever gotten".... ?? No. Value is value, independent of past sales. The business is worth $100 mil, doesn't matter what past sales were.

    Same for Manny. Manny has been the #1 ranked pound for pound fighter in the world. He brings a lot of value to the fight and this will also be Floyd's biggest payday, not just Manny's.

    3) At some point, you have to sit back and wonder where Floyd's competitive heart is. Manny has been ranked ahead of Floyd, as a better boxer, for a long time now. If Floyd is cool with retiring having never fought the best fighter out there, his legacy will be that of a coward and his place in all time greats will take a nosedive. You got to believe any real champion of the past, Ali, Robinson, etc.. would have made this fight happen already JUST TO PROVE WHO IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD ALREADY.


    and the reason you couldn't "get me to respond to your question" is simply because I have already said my points. I would just be repeating myself to someone who is obviously drinking the Mayweather kool-aid and... it appears doesn't care much about boxing history. I'd never be cool with any boxer, even if it was my favorite one, to duck and dodge a fight that clearly has to happen.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can New Jack Swing on Manny's nuts! Your argument is still severely flawed. The business part cracks me up! Manny shouldn't sell his business short but Floyd should simply to satisfy your warped code of honor? Who is really drinking the Kool-Aid?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I sort of feel like Al Pacino in Godfather 3. Every time I try to get out, you draw me right back in! Ok, Manny was the P4P King until recently, made more money than Floyd in 2010 & 2011 and he brings a lot of value to the fight. Did I get all of that right?

    Mayweather makes more per fight because he promotes himself. Manny has to pay for promotion. They both have to pay others outside of what was just mentioned. Have you ever asked yourself this? If Manny is such the huge draw that you claim he is that he deserves to get a 50 - 50 split with Floyd, why does he still have to pay for promotion? Why isn't he a free agent? Maybe he would wind up making less?

    Furthermore, if the fight happens it should be the largest payday Floyd has ever had! That still doesn't mean Manny should get paid the same as he has never shown that he can generate the type of numbers that Floyd can. It has nothing to do with those silly assumptions of yours (fear, scared, ducking, etc.). Bring in the accountants. Let them take a look and determine what each should get. I'm with that and in my opinion, it's fair. You need some theme music to go with your swinging. I'm gonna help you out...

    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,585
    vCash:
    1496
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    You can New Jack Swing on Manny's nuts! Your argument is still severely flawed. The business part cracks me up! Manny shouldn't sell his business short but Floyd should simply to satisfy your warped code of honor? Who is really drinking the Kool-Aid?
    Why doesn't Floyd offer 60-40 and 40% of PPV? 60-40 and 100% of PPV is a duck deal. That's not a fair offer.

    Expecting fighters to have championship heart and wanting to prove themselves is "warped code of honor" ? I feel very comfortable knowing I have the moral high ground over you on this one. Many people would agree with me, in fact.... if this could somehow be related to the Dolphins... we would all humiliate a guy who is all about the $$ and doesn't value championship competitive desire.

    and I already repeated myself. I am a neutral fan. I don't even root for Pacquiao as I don't like his boxing style.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Why doesn't Floyd offer 60-40 and 40% of PPV?
    Because he doesn't have to! Got it?

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    60-40 and 100% of PPV is a duck deal. That's not a fair offer.
    That deal is evidently fair to enough people and they don't appear to be budging. You know, after doing the brief amount of research that I have regarding this topic I am convinced that Floyd's assessment is more accurate that Manny's camp. The numbers speak for themselves. Floyd's businesses consistently sell for substantially more that Manny's!

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Expecting fighters to have championship heart and wanting to prove themselves is "warped code of honor" ? I feel very comfortable knowing I have the moral high ground over you on this one. Many people would agree with me, in fact.... if this could somehow be related to the Dolphins... we would all humiliate a guy who is all about the $$ and doesn't value championship competitive desire.
    Man, you don't have moral anything over me! Floyd has already proven time and time again that as a fighter, he IS championship caliber! I'm sure many individuals agree with him or he would not have taken the stance that he has.

    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    and I already repeated myself. I am a neutral fan. I don't even root for Pacquiao as I don't like his boxing style.
    You keep making that neutral fan statement and now you say you don't like Pac's boxing style.

    I challenge you find anything in this thread or others where I claim to be a Mayweather fan. My first post in your thread was basically a statement of me saying that both camps were at fault for the fight not happening. As I mentioned above, my opinion has changed since my first post. It is abundantly clear to me that Floyd deserves to make more if the fight should ever occur. That has nothing to do with my allegiance, which I STILL have not stated. The numbers convinced me.....
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Two Tacos's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    483
    vCash:
    1054
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A fifty/fifty split would be the most money floyd ever made as well. None but manny could pull that amount of cash for him either. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2



    "I would rather have my ignorance than another man's knowledge, because I have so much more of it."

    "Get your facts first and then you can distort them as much as you wish."

    "We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking."

    --Mark Twain
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,126
    vCash:
    2029
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tacos View Post
    A fifty/fifty split would be the most money floyd ever made as well. None but manny could pull that amount of cash for him either. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    But, paying a 50 - 50 split to someone who has consistently earned half of what Floyd has been able to earn is plain foolish. That's the way boxing has been for quite a while. The fighter that has more of an ability to draw the huge paydays gets the most money. The numbers show that Mayweather has that type of ability. Why should the practice change now? Sorry, that ain't a duck Bro...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Manny Pacquiao To Floyd Mayweather: 'Let's Get It On'
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 12:07 PM
  2. Manny Pacquiao - Mayweather March 13th
    By Roman529 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 11:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
  5. Pacquiao vs. Hatton, Mayweather announces comeback
    By LightsOut in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •