Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

1. -31
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anybody who paid to see mayweather fight cottos corpse isn't all there anyways...that's a joke...mayweather just keeps making a ton of money off of a dumb public...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    anybody who paid to see mayweather fight cottos corpse isn't all there anyways...that's a joke...mayweather just keeps making a ton of money off of a dumb public...
    No argument from me on that point!
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    They're both yellow!
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    They're both yellow!
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    But, paying a 50 - 50 split to someone who has consistently earned half of what Floyd has been able to earn is plain foolish. That's the way boxing has been for quite a while. The fighter that has more of an ability to draw the huge paydays gets the most money. The numbers show that Mayweather has that type of ability. Why should the practice change now? Sorry, that ain't a duck Bro...
    This isn't any other fight, this is the biggest pvp event ever, and the biggest fight in decades. Even a 60/40 split of everything would be far more than what they're offering manny. Here's the thing though, without manny it's just another mayweather fight. Same thing if manny loses before the fight. Mayweather will never make more than he would off of this fight. This whole drama is one of the reasons why I'm much more of a mma fan at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

"I would rather have my ignorance than another man's knowledge, because I have so much more of it."

"Get your facts first and then you can distort them as much as you wish."

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking."

--Mark Twain
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tacos View Post
    This isn't any other fight, this is the biggest pvp event ever, and the biggest fight in decades. Even a 60/40 split of everything would be far more than what they're offering manny. Here's the thing though, without manny it's just another mayweather fight. Same thing if manny loses before the fight. Mayweather will never make more than he would off of this fight. This whole drama is one of the reasons why I'm much more of a mma fan at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    True it's not. It would be a huge payday for each. I think that the suggestion about using the accountants is probably best at least to establish the parameters. Right now both camps are taking approaches that almost guarantee that the fight will never happen. I happen to feel that Mayweather should be the fighter who gets the most out of the deal. If the amount of money each had earned was closer to the same I would have less of a problem with a 50 - 50 split. As is though, Manny just has not shown that he can draw that fight as well as Floyd can. Just my opinion now based on the limited amount of research that I have done.

The same thing goes on in the MMA also. If you think that GSP does not make more than say Nick Diaz, before his suspension, then you're fooling yourself. The sport is still relatively young so they have not been able to generate the type of money that Boxing has up to this point. It may never do that as well. So, the differences between pay outs are less drastic. Again, just another opinion.....
    Last edited by ebozzz; 05-14-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    They're both yellow!
    Who you callin' yella!?

BufordTannen.jpg

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    True it's not. It would be a huge payday for each. I think that the suggestion about using the accountants is probably best at least to establish the parameters. Right now both camps are taking approaches that almost guarantee that the fight will never happen. I happen to feel that Mayweather should be the fighter who gets the most out of the deal. If the amount of money each had earned was closer to the same I would have less of a problem with a 50 - 50 split. As is though, Manny just has not shown that he can draw that fight as well as Floyd can. Just my opinion now based on the limited amount of research that I have done.

The same thing goes on in the MMA also. If you think that GSP does not make more than say Nick Diaz, before his suspension, then you're fooling yourself. The sport is still relatively young so they have not been able to generate the type of money that Boxing has up to this point. It may never do that as well. So, the differences between pay outs are less drastic. Again, just another opinion.....
    they agreed to 50-50 once, and Pac's position has only improved since. So 50-50 is obvious. Over thinking it beyond that is ridiculous. We're not talking a guy who sells 1.5 vs. a guy who sells 800k. We're talking 1.4 vs. 1.3, 1.4 vs. 1.1, close differences like that.

and don't even try to act like Floyd brings in this money himself. Canelo was on the card twice.

then you factor in that Floyd -needs- this fight if he wants his undefeated record to actually mean anything...... Floyd needs to accept 50-50 and go out there and fight Manny.
    Last edited by electrolyte; 05-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They're both yellow!
    Floyd's ranting about preserving his health when talking about Manny Pacquiao..... quack quack quack
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    they agreed to 50-50 once, and Pac's position has only improved since. So 50-50 is obvious. Over thinking it beyond that is ridiculous. We're not talking a guy who sells 1.5 vs. a guy who sells 800k. We're talking 1.4 vs. 1.3, 1.4 vs. 1.1, close differences like that.
    First of all, I have never heard anything about them agreeing to 50 -50 deal before. Got a link?

Second, while they may genarate similar numbers for tickets sales and such, the people that pay evidently pay more per as he sure has earned about double what Manny has since 2006. That's even taking into consideration 2010 & 2011 in which you say Pac earned more. So, 50 - 50 still doesn't get it for me when you compare the value of the two fighters.

and don't even try to act like Floyd brings in this money himself. Canelo was on the card twice.
    Oh yeah, that Canelo is still an up an coming fighter but he is a HUGE draw!

then you factor in that Floyd -needs- this fight if he wants his undefeated record to actually mean anything...... Floyd needs to accept 50-50 and go out there and fight Manny.
    What?
    Last edited by ebozzz; 05-15-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Quote