Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill

1. -1
    GREATNESS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill

Matt Moore vs David Garrard vs Ryan Tannehill, who do u guys think will be the starter when we play the Texans week 1?.......Honestly im kinda hoping that matt moore has a 2010 season like and not the 6-3 2011 season for this season coming up. Then that would make the battle against Garrard and Tannehill. I feel like by week 9 Tannehill starts and have a heck of a year as a rookie qb and beyond for us, i feel like he will have a better year/career then luck and rg3, i could be wrong but as a fan i can only hope and pray for it

moorevgarrard_original_original.png

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...terback-battle
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    My bet is Matt Moore. My hope is that they let Tannehill sit and soak for the first year of his career.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Garrard, if healthy will win the job and they will sit Tannehill as long as they can this season. I honestly think Tannehill will be the best qb in camp and preseason but they will have him sit at least half the season or up to the bye week. The one thing that makes me wonder if Garrard can run this offense is that living in Jacksonville I know they did not allow him to make audibles. I don't know if that was Del Rio or what they felt he could handle. In a up tempo no huddle offense like were going to deploy I really don't know if Garrard can run it effectively or for that matter Moore.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i was all about tannehill sitting the year but now i really want him to start. i think moore will probly start tho. i honestly think that tannehill could and will beat out the vets. just a feeling
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    whether he can or cant beat them out should not be the question. The question should be will he be a better qb in the future if he sits for a year and learns. My guess is yes. Dont ruin the kid. Let Moore and Gerrard fight it out and have our future learn for a year.
    :eek:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    My bet is Matt Moore. My hope is that they let Tannehill sit and soak for the first year of his career.
    I don't think so at this point. He has to get the majority of reps . Let him take his lumps of course. People talking about putting him on the field after the bye.
    That seems like losses early and gains no confidence.... For Tanny as a backup.
    That is the rub. Scenario bugs me with Moore. Doubt he starts.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfromthenorth View Post
    whether he can or cant beat them out should not be the question. The question should be will he be a better qb in the future if he sits for a year and learns. My guess is yes. Dont ruin the kid. Let Moore and Gerrard fight it out and have our future learn for a year.
    i agree with you, but some can argue coming in early can be a good thing as well. esp if he has success. if he doesnt start the year the starter i still think he will get playing time like locker last year. not comparing tannehill to aikman or manning, but both of those guys got killed their first years.
    and with the coaching staff we have th sky is the limit imo. philbin is a great teacher
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfromthenorth View Post
    worked for Chad Henne, right?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    i agree with you, but some can argue coming in early can be a good thing as well. esp if he has success. if he doesnt start the year the starter i still think he will get playing time like locker last year. not comparing tannehill to aikman or manning, but both of those guys got killed their first years.
    and with the coaching staff we have th sky is the limit imo. philbin is a great teacher
    I was in the building when TBuck schooled Manning in his first start. Buckley took one back. We won by nine.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Moore will start and hopefully he will do well, but I have a feeling Tannehill will be in there by about the middle of the season. If you draft a guy in the first round you usually see them playing early on, unless you can make an argument that Moore is better. I think Garrard is basically just there for emergencies. So I will say Tannehill starts by Week 8.
    Quote Quote