Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: "My life is in your hand's": American hostage's desparte plea to Obama

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

"My life is in your hand's": American hostage's desparte plea to Obama

In a video released by Al Qaeda, American hostage Warren Weinstein said he will be killed unless President Obama agrees to the militant group's demands.Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com#ixzz1uC65un1b
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tough spot for Obama. I hope they get him free somehow.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Tough spot for Obama. I hope they get him free somehow.

not really. they (al qaeda) know we wont negotiate with him. they are just using this as propoganda, because it gives them the "upper hand". lets face it, it has been a bad couple of years for al qaeda, so anything that keeps them in the news, helps make them relevant. this man will either be released (not likely), or beheaded. either way, there is nothing obama can do or really should do. thats not to say that i dont feel bad for this mans family.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    not really. they (al qaeda) know we wont negotiate with him. they are just using this as propoganda, because it gives them the "upper hand". lets face it, it has been a bad couple of years for al qaeda, so anything that keeps them in the news, helps make them relevant. this man will either be released (not likely), or beheaded. either way, there is nothing obama can do or really should do. thats not to say that i dont feel bad for this mans family.
    100% agree.

This is not in Obama's hands. This mans life is in the hands of psychopaths. When they kill him it wont be Obama pulling the trigger, but some fanatics who are desperate to get some relief from the unrelenting success we have had against them. They are simply trying to redirect some of the blame onto us.

Most people understand that terrorists cant be reasoned with in situations like this. Why? Because even if we were to give in we only have the terrorists word that they would release the hostage and stop making demands. By definition, terrorists are not the most trustworthy human beings on the face of the planet.

I feel bad for the mans family. No one should have to sit there and watch a loved one die on camera. But the fact is that this mans life was over the minute he got grabbed.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't wait to see the spin on this. Campaign season makes even the most mundane things interesting. So actually put a situation out there that hits close to home and involves a face you can relate to, and this is going to escalate quickly...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Can't wait to see the spin on this. Campaign season makes even the most mundane things interesting. So actually put a situation out there that hits close to home and involves a face you can relate to, and this is going to escalate quickly...
    no way they make a campaign issue out of this, it would be way too low (even for politician standards), remember all those horrible beheadings we had under bush (nick berg, danny pearl)? there is no reason to stupe so low. the republicans need to focus on the economy, because that is where obama is weak. he really hasnt done that bad of a job on foreign policy. except for stupid things like apologizing to every country and pronouning the names of countries as if he is from there (remember PAK-E-stan). besides that, hes done alright.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    no way they make a campaign issue out of this, it would be way too low (even for politician standards), remember all those horrible beheadings we had under bush (nick berg, danny pearl)? there is no reason to stupe so low. the republicans need to focus on the economy, because that is where obama is weak. he really hasnt done that bad of a job on foreign policy. except for stupid things like apologizing to every country and pronouning the names of countries as if he is from there (remember PAK-E-stan). besides that, hes done alright.
    I hope you're right. It would make me feel better about our country if this doesn't get brought up at all throughout these campaigns...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you don't like sand, don't go to the seashore. Tough to feel sorry for the hostage.

It'd be like if I went to watch the camel races at Baluchistan and some horrible fate befell me during said trip. I wouldn't expect any sympathy. I was in a bad place, something bad happened, so no need to whine about the obvious.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    If you don't like sand, don't go to the seashore. Tough to feel sorry for the hostage.

It'd be like if I went to watch the camel races at Baluchistan and some horrible fate befell me during said trip. I wouldn't expect any sympathy. I was in a bad place, something bad happened, so no need to whine about the obvious.
    Yup. Obama doesn't need to do a damn thing.

Sorry bud.

Quote Quote