Wheeling residents William Carman and Brenda Wilhelm allegedly staged a robbery Wednesday at the Ohio County bar where Wilhelm works, but the plan was thwarted when a Department of Natural Resources officer spotted toilet paper covering the license plates on the getaway car.

Sheriff Pat Butler said Wilhelm, 39, sent a text message to Carman, 26, informing him that she was alone at Bernie's Bar in Clearview. Wilhelm arrived a short time later and the pair acted out the robbery scenario for the business' cameras, he said.

"He burst in through the back door, put a gun to her head and pushed her to the ground to make it look like it was a robbery," Butler said of the incident, which was captured on video.

Wilhelm subsequently called 911 and reported a robbery and sheriff's deputies were dispatched to the scene about 9:45 p.m.

A DNR officer in the area, however, noticed the toilet paper that was covering the license plates of Carman's Buick sedan. The officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop when Carman sped away....
Read more: http://www.theintelligencer.net/page...t.html?nav=510

Best part?

These asshats lived on my block.

I had an interesting show going on from my front porch ... while pounding a few brews of course.