Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 286

Thread: nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

  1. -191
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,248
    vCash:
    5687
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I'm with you there. Yeah the refs ate ass when it came to some calls but it isn't like SA didn't have their chances. It is what it is.
    They made their run, it just wasn't as far as their fans had wanted it to be. They still had a great season in my mind.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -192
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2576
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    the facts are staring you right in the face.of course some whiny,casual 6ers fan doesnt need a video showing him facts,he'll only ignore it and draw his own conclusion.ball dont lie.did the spurs **** the bed the other nite? yes ... but its also pretty hard to compete when the opposing team receives an additional 13 free throws and other bogus calls.jordans bulls likely dont overcome that.any child can draw that conclusion.i dont know why you cant.

    the only fool is one that argues with facts.if this is your only argument,then you surely cant win.deal with it.im not so sure why this is so important to you anyway.there are thousands who saw the game and a wealth of non spurs who watched it and said it was rigged,so dont tell me im foolish.i know what i saw.

    hell even LAKERS fans calling me telling me the spurs got jobbed.i suggest you learn something about officiating before you come in here with this useless drivel.
    They received 13 extra free throws because your team was too scared the attack the paint the entire second half. That's the only fact here. It's you, not me that needs to learn a thing or 2 about this sport if you think you're going to get calls taking jumpshots. So, again, cry harder. You lost. To an obvious better team. You're making yourself look like a fool.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -193
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2576
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    If it's anyone, you're the butthurt NBA fan. It sucks your team lost, I get that, but the officials didn't determine the whole series. The officiating in the entire playoffs has been lacking to say the least. Your team just lost to a better, younger team.
    Exactly. People who could give 2 ****s about the Spurs are the butthurt ones. LOL. The Spurs lost because they weren't as good as the Thunder, period.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -194
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    They received 13 extra free throws because your team was too scared the attack the paint the entire second half. That's the only fact here. It's you, not me that needs to learn a thing or 2 about this sport if you think you're going to get calls taking jumpshots. So, again, cry harder. You lost. To an obvious better team. You're making yourself look like a fool.
    please.only after they were forced to do so after ****ty officiating.and i dont give a good gawddamn what you have to say about it.keep praising crappy officiating kid.

    2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith
    Quote Quote  

  5. -195
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Exactly. People who could give 2 ****s about the Spurs are the butthurt ones. LOL. The Spurs lost because they weren't as good as the Thunder, period.
    its obvious with every post you dont know **** about what youre talking about.LOL..there are our rival fans as well as spurs fans that had a problem with the crew that nite.at least theres one thing you cant dispute,i aint a liar...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -196
    Ferretsquig's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    7,432
    vCash:
    1476
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    typical response from your average everyday butthurt nba fan.you dont see how youve proved my point even clearer?SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT OFFICIATING.has there been?NO.its only gotten worse.

    so with this this idiocy you just posted youve basically owned yourself about anything you have conceived about the spurs.

    you can do better than that ferret.
    I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

    I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

    These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

    Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -197
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    I owned myself for anything I conceived. I'm all for liberties with the language but that's a new one to me.

    I don't even know what your point is so I'm not sure how I proved anything. All I was trying to point out is that bitter fans blame officials all the time, whether it be fans of your particular team or those who opposed it. Whether there's any validity in the argument or not is personal opinion, one which I obviously do not share.

    These guys have to make judgement calls in real time, and its not the easiest thing in the world to do. Go try officiating at some local rec league or AAU tourney or whoever will have you. People get hit under the basket all the time without it being called, players flop while not in the ref's line of site and he has to make a call, two players collide and again he has to make a call. I get the whole fan thing.....I've gotta put up with ******* parents all the time whose kids have never committed a foul in their lives. But so long as its a human making the call there are going to be mistakes that slow motion video capture will make sure to propagate.

    Can't wait till the NFL season with replacement refs.......every fan is going to know their team could have won the game if it wasn't for that one pass interference or holding call that turned the whole game around.
    the point is man with all the complaining about the officials by its fans in this league called the NBA,(a PROFESSIONAL sports league mind you),with all the inconsistencies,you would think they would shore up a lot of the bogus blowing of the whistles.bogus refereeing by joey crawford included.and people have been complaining for a long while.then they wonder why the viewer ship is down these last few years.im not asking for perfection,but when its a PRO league,it should demand top grade from its employees.that goes for ALL teams,not just the spurs.

    the league, in mine and many others opinions seem to get worse by the year or they pick their spots to be horrible.i realize theres probably absolutely no reason to continue pointing this out,but it is upsetting sometimes when it appears they have an agenda.

    as for the NFL we can only hope for the best.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -198
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    to switch things up a bit,ive had a change of heart.i think the thunder are absolutely nasty,but i think ive gotten over lebrons "the decision",(didnt like the way he did it).

    im going to root for the heat to win the title this year.please just do it.do it now.OKC will surely win some down the line,but let lebron get his first ring.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -199
    Ferretsquig's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    7,432
    vCash:
    1476
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just think its hilarious how you guys all think you're so unique in your little tirades against officials. Go to a sports bar with a bunch of expatriates during the euro games and you'll receive a nice little education in how everyone is out to screw them over and keep them from reaching the finals, which of course they'd win easily if they could just get there. The officials are all out to get them......and the different nationalities of the guys making the calls is what really makes it entertaining.

    I just see you guys as all the same person.....whether its the goofball dad at his kid's sporting event or Berlusconi screaming from the poshest seats in the house. Everyone knows everything is rigged against them......unless they win of course. Then it was all fair play.

    The NBA is doing quite well in recovering from its doldrums. They struggled to recover post Jordan, but that was more because the play sucked.....who really wanted to watch the Spurs play the Cavs or the Nets? I don't blame people for tuning out of those series. The Lakers/Celtics have been a hit though, and Miami/OKC would be highly entertaining and draw in the viewers. Not that it really matters. If you think the quality of officiating is that bad turn the tv off and go do something a little more productive with your life.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -200
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    i definitely don't watch much tv...and def don't take the NBA that seriously,so its a push for me.definitely have more exciting things going on in my life besides the NBA and that includes the spurs.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Official Fourth Round Discussion: Picks #7 and 9 in 4th
    By LacesOutTanne34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 12:54 PM
  2. NFL.com first round trade discussion
    By matt11390 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
  3. Official 2011 nfl playoffs discussion thread
    By kud in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM
  4. Dolphins vs Jets discussion thread
    By bpackers13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •