Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

1. -251
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    look the thunder are damn young...they take some bad shots at times and fall in love with the jump shot i get it...and the heat have the experience and know how on them...so its gonna be tough on okc as more realistically this team is probably a year away from being the dominant force in the nba but still lets let the players decide who wins the damn trophy...call this thing right...stop bailing out the heat and make them earn it...they earn it i got no problem if its just given to em i got issues...and to my eye i see a lot of it handed to em on a silver platter with the officiating

by the way what does durants lack of boards have to do with anything...would you want to go down and bang with bigs when every time you made contact with anyone the last few games they blew the whistle on you for some bs...the last thing durant wanted tonight was a lot of contact in tight spaces...his games not boards anyways...he needs to box out and let collison ibaka and perk pound the glass
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -252
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    This one thing's for sure...officiating fouls in the NBA will always be somewhat subjective and will always be questioned by the fans. It's been going on for years and will continue to do so. In any sport...whether it be the strike zone, interference/holding calls, or penalty shots, the refs are always going to be part of the game, unfortunately.

What you can change however is your game. A team, person, or coach can always make adjustments to what THEY can control. You can't control officiating. If you want to win in the NBA or any sport for that matter, you are going to have to look past officiating and adjust your game around it....not the other way around. The Thunder have not figured out how to make adjustments in key stretches while the Heat have for the most part.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -253

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    This one thing's for sure...officiating fouls in the NBA will always be somewhat subjective and will always be questioned by the fans. It's been going on for years and will continue to do so. In any sport...whether it be the strike zone, interference/holding calls, or penalty shots, the refs are always going to be part of the game, unfortunately.

What you can change however is your game. A team, person, or coach can always make adjustments to what THEY can control. You can't control officiating. If you want to win in the NBA or any sport for that matter, you are going to have to look past officiating and adjust your game around it....not the other way around. The Thunder have not figured out how to make adjustments in key stretches while the Heat have for the most part.
    so i guess you think the heat would overcome it??? the feeling that they're getting jobbed if they were on the other end of things....i seriously doubt it...and thats with a much more veteran team than the thunder
    Quote Quote  

4. -254
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    so i guess you think the heat would overcome it??? the feeling that they're getting jobbed if they were on the other end of things....i seriously doubt it...and thats with a much more veteran team than the thunder
    Again, I'm not going to use officiating as an excuse win or lose, especially in a hypothetical situation. Like I said, no one can control how the game is officiated. That's why I'll never let it get to me, positively or negatively. You've gotta learn to adjust and move on...as a team, player, or coach. Control what you can control. The Heat are definitely doing a better job of it.

The fact that you are using officiating as a major scapegoat for the Heat being up 3-1 is just laughable, IMO. There's so many other reasons why the Heat are getting it done and the Thunder are not. A couple of calls or miscalls is not going to change the fact that the Heat are the better team right now, now matter how much you scream "foul".
    Quote Quote  

5. -255
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Heat up 3-1, have taken control of the series, we are now 1 win away. F the haters, miami all day! The heat are leading the way for the dolphins, dolphins need to look at this as motivational. Now if only our dolphins could start winning some games, miami heat taking south florida sports to a new level.
    Last edited by MarshallFin1; 06-20-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -256
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.
    could not have said it better. When miami loss to the indiana pacers in game 2 or 3 or w.e, there was tons of bad calls that were favoring the pacers but u know , i still did not blame the refs. At the end of the day, the pacers just out played us, and so i always put it on who played better and never blame the refs. The refs is an easy scapegoat for losing, but again, at the end of the game, blaming the refs aint going to make anyone feel better after losing a game. All it matters is, who gets the W at the end of the game. Look back at that jets-dolphins monday night game where revis should have been called for pass interference, he got away with it and made a crucial pick 6. Do you think the jets gave a damn that the refs help them win that game? no f-ing way, im sure they will take a Win anyway they can get it, hect, look at the saints. LOL
    Quote Quote  

7. -257
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.
    please, you act like the thunder dont get away with anything. I cant count how many times i have seen dwade/lebron get hacked in this series with no calls. If the nba was rigged like u say it is, miami would have won the finals against the mavs. Face it dude, all 4 four games have come down to the wire, and everytime miami has come out on top because they are just the "better" team, thats the same thing magic said after the game. Its starting to show who is the better team. The thunder can keep up with us, they can, but overtake the game from us they canoot because we just dont "let" them. A good example is, game 4, 94-92 thunder, wade makes a crucial block which resulted with james putting us right back on top by 1. 95-94, did the refs help the heat with that block shot and 3 point shot by lbj to give us control again? No. Blaming officials is lame, you blame the thunder who had many chances to take control but just could not make there shots and miami did. 1 more win.
    Quote Quote  

8. -258
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
    2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
    3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
    4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
    5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
    6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
    7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!
    this post right heres sums it up for me, i dont know how someone can complain about refs after reading this. Im outta here, check back with u all later. 1 more win, go heat!
    Quote Quote  

9. -259

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, I'm not going to use officiating as an excuse win or lose, especially in a hypothetical situation. Like I said, no one can control how the game is officiated. That's why I'll never let it get to me, positively or negatively. You've gotta learn to adjust and move on...as a team, player, or coach. Control what you can control. The Heat are definitely doing a better job of it.

The fact that you are using officiating as a major scapegoat for the Heat being up 3-1 is just laughable, IMO. There's so many other reasons why the Heat are getting it done and the Thunder are not. A couple of calls or miscalls is not going to change the fact that the Heat are the better team right now, now matter how much you scream "foul".
    i think its laughable that you think the thunder should just "overcome" the terrible officiating...like they should be above the officials or something...that's laughable...ha ha...just overcome your best player having to sit for long periods of time in the nba finals due to garbage calls...just overcome lebon james every time anyone touches him gets called for ticky tack calls that put james at the line for 2 shots over and over just overcome missed foul calls on your superstar in final one possession games that could have tied the game...just overcome

please...and those stats you pump out like hot cakes mean squat if you look at things in a game by game and possession by possession basis...it's just ignorant
    Quote Quote  

10. -260
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    please, you act like the thunder dont get away with anything. I cant count how many times i have seen dwade/lebron get hacked in this series with no calls. If the nba was rigged like u say it is, miami would have won the finals against the mavs. Face it dude, all 4 four games have come down to the wire, and everytime miami has come out on top because they are just the "better" team, thats the same thing magic said after the game. Its starting to show who is the better team. The thunder can keep up with us, they can, but overtake the game from us they canoot because we just dont "let" them. A good example is, game 4, 94-92 thunder, wade makes a crucial block which resulted with james putting us right back on top by 1. 95-94, did the refs help the heat with that block shot and 3 point shot by lbj to give us control again? No. Blaming officials is lame, you blame the thunder who had many chances to take control but just could not make there shots and miami did. 1 more win.
    First off, I said the NBA isn't rigged. I completely agree that the Heat outplayed the Thunder in games 3 and 4. My only issue with the officiating was in game 2 on the final play.

Quote Quote